Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Wants his own Parade

+3
Wordslinger
EmeraldGhost
bigdog
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Trump Wants his own Parade 2/6/2018, 10:33 pm

bigdog

News tonight is that Donald Trump has asked the leaders at the Pentagon for a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue. He wants tanks and missile launchers in his parade, and his only reasoning is he enjoyed the parade in France so much that he wants one for himself.
It will cost American taxpayers millions of dollars, including the cost of repairing Pennsylvania Avenue after the tank treads destroy the pavement. But that means nothing to the mad little child in the White House, he wants what he wants and he wants it now.
Of course, if we are to keep up with the North Koreans, our soldiers will also have to learn to goose step. Then we get to pay their medical bills for all those hernias.
Nothing is too good for the 4 year old elected by the Clinton haters of America.
They should all be very proud.

2Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/6/2018, 11:23 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

bigdog wrote: ....
Of course, if we are to keep up with the North Koreans, our soldiers will also have to learn to goose step. Then we get to pay their medical bills for all those hernias.

What we need is a new style of military drill that is more reflective of some of the wonderful diversity found in our armed services today.  

Look ... no goose stepping required!

("Alright, stop that!   Silly.  ... and a bit suspect, I think.  Laughing Laughing Laughing )

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 2/6/2018, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/6/2018, 11:36 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I don't know how many of ya'll have had to learn & practice military drill and dress parade .... but it sucks if you're the one having to parade & not one of the brass sitting in the grandstands. I mean really sucks!   Not to mention troops will have to detail hundreds or over a thousand miles away from their homes & families for one or more weeks to participate in this thing.   Millions of military manhours will be wasted training for this.   Regular military training & maintenance will have to be delayed & re-scheduled.   And that's just off the top of my head ... countless other impacts to this idea.

If Trump really wanted to give our military some appreciation ... he'd give 'em the freakin' day off instead of making 'em march in a military parade!   Or how about taking the money they would spend on this ridiculous parade & re-programming it over to the VA instead?

Anyways ... I don't think it'll happen.  Trump just got a wild hair up his butt about it & sent the Pentagon into a tizzy having to plan just how much the logistics and cost of this thing will entail.   Trump will be flitting on in his mind  to something else next week.  Probably already has.   The size & budgetary nature of the expenditure that would be required to put on a grand military parade in DC (ala N Korea, former Soviet Union, France, etc) would require the cooperation of Congress anyway.   Not so sure any of the existing budgetary pots-of-money in the military that could be legally drawn on for such a thing would have enough without a supplemental appropriation.   Then again ... maybe not.   The military's got plenty of money stashed in hundreds of different programs.

4Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/7/2018, 4:08 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Truth is, the Pussy Grabber seethes everytime a video plays showing his arch nemesis Kim Jong Un overseeing another N. Korean military parade in a square with thousands of marching, dancing, Goose-stepping soldiers and tanks, and missile launcher trucks of all sizes and configurations.  The TV image of the North Korean leader showing off his regime's military might clearly overwhelms videos of our own Dear Leader sitting at a desk while a narrator in the background quotes from our President's latest N. Korea-mocking tweets.  

Calling Kim Jong Un "Rocket Man," just doesn't have the power imagery of shots of the N. Korean leader looking down on a vast square filled with military vehicles and marching soldiers.  And every time one of these military strength shows plays here -- even on Fox News -- the Pussy Grabber seethes.

No wonder The Donald wants his own show, with MORE TROOPS AND MORE TANKS AND MORE MISSILES to toss back in the propaganda war between these two despots.  And to be honest (something unknown to Trump), I doubt he cares whether his own leader and military clips are ever seen in N. Korea, as long as they're played and re-played on every American network.

The most frightening aspect of this whacko "my Daddy's bigger'n yours" bullshit is that the lives of the rest of us insignificant citizens, Korean or American, mean absolutely nothing to either of these two ominous, insecure crazies.  It's all imagery.

If we or our N. Korean counterparts were anything but helpless wimps, we'd quickly murder both of these smarmy bastards.

Be ready to Duck and Cover and get under your desks folks ... a light some two thousand times brighter than the sun is about to shine.

Reality.

Last edited by Wordslinger on 2/7/2018, 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to better tell truth ...)

5Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/7/2018, 6:28 am

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:News tonight is that Donald Trump has asked the leaders at the Pentagon for a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue. He wants tanks and missile launchers in his parade, and his only reasoning is he enjoyed the parade in France so much that he wants one for himself.
It will cost American taxpayers millions of dollars, including the cost of repairing Pennsylvania Avenue after the tank treads destroy the pavement. But that means nothing to the mad little child in the White House, he wants what he wants and he wants it now.
Nothing is too good for the 4 year old elected by the Clinton haters of America.
They should all be very proud.

I thought he and his klan already had a parade.

6Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/7/2018, 10:30 am

zsomething

A parade is stupid. Not only does it make us look silly (the United States is badass, everybody knows it -- we don't have to show off with a bunch of Yosemite-Sam guns-waving-around shit), it wastes a lot of money and tears up the streets.

If he wants to spend the money and honor the military, put it into veteran's hospitals and help programs instead. I'm completely in favor of that. But a parade? What's the point? We'd just look like some small show-off country. North Korea may need to do that junk... but we don't.

Maybe if we started calling Trump "Big Fat Old Orange Rocket Man" he'd get shamed out of it...

7Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/7/2018, 10:49 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Telstar wrote:

I thought he and his klan already had a parade.

They did. And they'll be having another one in Charlottesville when James Alex Fields goes on trial ... November, I think.

Can you imagine what kind of fireworks there's gonna be from the left if they don't get him for Murder I?

8Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/7/2018, 10:54 am

2seaoat

military fascist states do what?

9Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/7/2018, 11:33 am

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:Maybe if we started calling Trump "Big Fat Old Orange Rocket Man" he'd get shamed out of it...

Not to put too fine a point on it but what would lead you to believe he's capable of feeling shame?

10Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/7/2018, 3:08 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Deus X wrote:
zsomething wrote:Maybe if we started calling Trump "Big Fat Old Orange Rocket Man" he'd get shamed out of it...

Not to put too fine a point on it but what would lead you to believe he's capable of feeling shame?

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

11Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/7/2018, 3:21 pm

Telstar

Telstar

45's dream parade.

12Trump Wants his own Parade Empty Re: Trump Wants his own Parade 2/9/2018, 10:43 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Having actually driven an armored personnel character (way back in the day) and been inside & around tanks, I know one thing.  Run a bunch of tanks and armored vehicles down Pennsylvania Avenue ... and you're gonna be in for some road repairs.

Maybe the military can give Trump a Potemkin Village parade instead, & tell him it's a real parade ... save the wear & tear on the troops, equipment,  and streets.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum