Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

time is getting short

+8
EmeraldGhost
Vikingwoman
knothead
Telstar
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
zsomething
PkrBum
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 33]

701time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 1:41 am

2seaoat

I am cool with Dreams and her concern about the pain is sincere. She does not understand that I am happy with life and pain and I do not live for heaven.

We laughed for five hours today as a friend from fifth grade and his wife visited and we told stories through high school. Laughter is very good therapy. Because of the deformation of my chest muscles, when I laugh now I make this stupid donkey sound which my wife had to explain as it takes me about a minute to recover from a belly buster.

We talked about problems with the kids and our peers health issues but it was wonderful to have a visit. People are offish after they see what has happen to my body, but after ten minutes they just get by the ugly picture and stupid laugh and just see seaoat.

702time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 2:11 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I am cool with Dreams

I'm glad for your sake that you're cool with her, Sea, but I, for one, am definitely not cool with her presuming I have a "morbid" interest in learning the details of your deterioration.  What does she know about me or my motivations?  ZERO, ZIP, NADA.  

I suppose I didn't really expect you to defend me, Sea, and I certainly owe Viking/Dreams no explanation nor justification in the face of her rudeness, but the simple truth is that I've tried to help make this General forum a welcoming place where anyone can talk about their infirmities or troubles without inhibition -- whatever their personal motivations for doing so.  

In your case you've made clear that you want to offer the details of your decline as information/education for the rest of us -- some of whom may go through the same or similar health issues -- and have indicated you wished others had provided more detail of their own death journeys so you could've been more prepared.   I think that's an admirable stance, and hope you won't let your "coolness" with Dreams stifle you in any way, including with pictures (which prior to this you'd said you wanted to post more of).  

Look, Sea, you owe no one any apology for having posted the photo nor anything else you wish to show or say, for that matter. As bigdog indicated, it's entirely up to you, not to Viking or anyone else.

703time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 2:13 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:People are offish after they see what has happen to my body, but after ten minutes they just get by the ugly picture and stupid laugh and just see seaoat.

Now THAT'S what I call cool.

So glad you enjoyed the visit with your good old friend!

704time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 1:19 pm

Vikingwoman

I think it's a wholly appropriate question since Oatie chose to share this dying process w/ us. You should know by now Cat, I never gave a rat's ass what you thought and... still don't. I wasn't asking your opinion nor Linda's. I am only interested in what Oatie thinks. If he doesn't want to share that then that's up to him but he did share it and I find people's thoughts about why they do things interesting and clarifying in some respects. I may never have the opportunity to ask that question again to someone like Oatie and don't see any reason not to talk about it.

How people die, their reasons for clinging to life and willingness to suffer are subjects we can all learn from. Nothing to do w/ rudeness. Dying is a fact of life and we should ask questions rather than making assumptions.

705time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 1:25 pm

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:we should ask questions rather than making assumptions.

Does that extend to "assumptions" about someone else's "morbid" motivations??
Obviously not.

That's the part I considered rude as hell.

706time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 1:42 pm

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:I know you believe you're going to a better place so why are you enduring the suffering.

First of all the concept of "you".  You alive and you dead are unknown.  My faith in God is beyond the simple concept of heaven.  I believe in energy, science, and god and that my death only changes the form of that energy.  Matthew six folks believe you are in constant contact with god in life and I simply believe the same in death.  Dreams....read   matthew six.  It is simple.  Jesus and God historically as reported in the scriptures only spoke less than 200 times, and matthew six is part of the sermon on the mount.  Direct communication that all BS is hypocrisy, and many a person will stand up and tell you about a better place........how idiotic is the concept of heaven when it is embellished by the hypocrites who pick and choose what they think is important and that God is static.  God is dynamic.  I do not fear death, I do fear pain.

The Biafrian belly is really getting scary.  I am not saying I had a six pack in my sixties, but this belly and the skeleton arms are just getting worse each day.   Now my fear of pain does not mean my thresholds have changed, rather it is just so exhausting and times unbearable, but as my body rots away my character stays strong.  I choose life and not in any tough guy projection because I wake up each morning with dried tears on my face.  I try to hide my pain from my wife, but she sees it......feels it........and now is showing serious signs of depression and confusion.   It is easy to talk cancer, but to the caretakers of this world......god bless each and every one, and Dreams in the end you are questioning if I am stubborn........have you learned nothing from my lessons. Very Happy

I know you are stubborn but I'm not sure that is the reason. Do you think people will judge you if you say I've had enough? I wouldn't have lasted this far. I take exception to people who encourage you to hang on in unbearable pain. I hope you do what is best for you and not worry about anything else. I don't find suffering to be noble at all.

707time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 1:47 pm

Vikingwoman

RealLindaL wrote:

Obviously not.

I don't know what else you would call it. Some people call honesty rude. So be it.

708time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 1:50 pm

2seaoat

In the end, I have found Linda and Joannie's post comforting and helpful. Dreams and I over the years have discussed god and now with the dying process, I think she has seen too many robots just say they are going to heaven.

I am honestly very happy. You can be in pain and be happy, but I would prefer the absence of pain. The hospice nurse stopped by and took vitals and will not return for a month as my vitals were good and she watched me lift myself.

Now crazy seaoat and his sidekick have just made a homemade lift to raise me to standing with a battery and push of a button. We are putting in three grab bars to the bathroom, and we think we are ready when the walking deteriorates further.

Look this journey has not been fun, but so much of what I am experiencing, I wish somebody had given me a map or dropped some bread crumbs because most cancer patients are lost in the wilderness.

709time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 6:52 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Big dog. Your post was deleted. Please don’t bring up past behavior that got you banned.

710time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 7:04 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:In the end, I have found Linda and Joannie's post comforting and helpful.  Dreams and I over the years have discussed god and now with the dying process, I think she has seen too many robots just say they are going to heaven.  

I am honestly very happy.   You can be in pain and be happy, but I would prefer the absence of pain.  The hospice nurse stopped by and took vitals and will not return for a month as my vitals were good and she watched me lift myself.

Now crazy seaoat and his sidekick have just made a homemade lift to raise me to standing with a battery and push of a button.  We are putting in three grab bars to the bathroom, and we think we are ready when the walking deteriorates further.

Look this journey has not been fun, but so much of what I am experiencing, I wish somebody had given me a map or dropped some bread crumbs because most cancer patients are lost in the wilderness.

Good for you Seaoat on the v/s and the lift.

I would do everything to keep going. The love for my children and grandchildren is strong and worth it.

Heard the greatest compliments over the weekend about my daughters team. She coaches a feeder league for the high school with 2 of my granddaughters on it. When I went into the game...the lady collecting admission money said, “ we have been waiting all week to watch your team play.” The referees said, “ your team is the best fundamentals team in any league we ref.” Two other coaches for the boy’s teams (waiting to play) were commenting about what a great coach my daughter was.

I was one proud mom and grand mom.

711time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/5/2019, 7:08 pm

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Obviously not.

I don't know what else you would call it. Some people call honesty rude. So be it.

And I suppose, since you persist in acting as if you know all about me and my motivations, this tells me all I need to know about you.  

Have a good day.

712time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/6/2019, 3:15 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:In the end, I have found Linda and Joannie's post comforting and helpful.

Thanks so much for saying, Sea. Really good to know. Just wish to heck we could fix it....

713time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/6/2019, 3:16 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:I was one proud mom and grand mom.

As well you should be, Joani. Congrats!

714time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/6/2019, 8:34 am

2seaoat

My love of basketball is that it is the closest game to life for me. Football is static with a given play, baseball is individual, but basketball is dynamic and played best as a team which is well coached.

I live in anticipation all week to watch my granddaughter play in her fourth grade girl's league. Her team is undefeated and well coached as the coach starts with fundamentals. I drive my wheelchair to the corner of the court and get the best seat. I am so thankful for this extra time to watch these kids having so much fun as girls who were timid a month ago rip the ball from the girl she was guarding, but my granddaughter like her mother is laughing and goofing around and having fun, and then crunch time just like a deer she runs past people. I have been blessed with this much time.

Tough morning. Did not take morphine yesterday and tried medical pot only to cut the pain. Big mistake. I cannot exist now without the pain meds.

715time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/6/2019, 3:11 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Make it tolerable.

716time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/6/2019, 8:24 pm

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:My love of basketball is that it is the closest game to life for me.  Football is static with a given play, baseball is individual, but basketball is dynamic and played best as a team which is well coached.

I live in anticipation all week to watch my granddaughter play in her fourth grade girl's league.  Her team is undefeated and well coached as the coach starts with fundamentals.  I drive my wheelchair to the corner of the court and get the best seat.   I am so thankful for this extra time to watch these kids having so much fun as girls who were timid a month ago rip the ball from the girl she was guarding, but my granddaughter like her mother is laughing and goofing around and having fun, and then crunch time just like a deer she runs past people.  I have been blessed with this much time.

Tough morning.  Did not take morphine yesterday and tried medical pot only to cut the pain.   Big mistake.  I cannot exist now without the pain meds.

Don't even try Mr. Oats . . . . . we all know how tough and disciplined you are so why deprive yourself of pain free intervals . . . . please!

717time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/6/2019, 8:32 pm

RealLindaL

What knot said!

718time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/6/2019, 10:34 pm

2seaoat

Cancer Anorexia Cachexia is a combination of both starvation caused by anorexia and wasting syndrome due to cachexia.

There are some promising trials which get some muscle back on, but it is almost certain a patient will not survive the weight loss. Also, as much as the oysters have been helping the literature is saying not much of anything will slow the wasting. Very disappointing information and next week I will ask the doctor about the studies.

719time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/7/2019, 2:41 am

RealLindaL

Disappointed is probably far too mild a word for what you must be feeling, Sea, when you've made such good efforts at nutrition.  Let us know what the doc says next week, but meanwhile I hope you can keep eating, whether oysters or whatever goes down easy.

Have to presume you're getting this information about wasting from valid sources.  Just wish it weren't true - not that wishing helps.

720time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/7/2019, 10:48 am

2seaoat

The end has been very well defined by my interventional radiologist. I will not be able to slip out of bed and will in less than two weeks fall into a a coma. My goal is to keep on trucking and enjoying as much as I can. We are taking my sil to texas roadhouse steakhouse for his birthday dinner and the girls will be there. If the wheelchair is set up and the kohls store is near, I will take them shopping which sil gets angry that I am spoiling the girls........what a joy........

721time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/7/2019, 12:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Spoil them!

722time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/7/2019, 2:53 pm

Vikingwoman

RealLindaL wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Obviously not.

And I suppose, since you persist in acting as if you know all about me and my motivations, this tells me all I need to know about you.  

Have a good day.

Persist? LOL! Ok whatever.

723time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/7/2019, 6:43 pm

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Obviously not.

Have a good day.

Persist? LOL! Ok whatever.

Instead of apologizing or retracting, which (silly me!) I thought you might kindly do, you instead doubled down on the "morbid" thing, saying you didn't "know what else to call it."

That's what I call persisting in a rude insult.

But OK, whatever.

724time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/9/2019, 4:47 pm

RealLindaL

Seaoat, where are you this weekend? Gambling and winning I hope?

725time is getting short - Page 29 Empty Re: time is getting short 3/9/2019, 6:30 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Basketballing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum