Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DOUG JONES WINS! ALABAMA REPELS REPUBLICAN SEX FIEND AND CHILD STALKER MOORE

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Telstar

Telstar

Once a Long Shot, Democrat Doug Jones Wins Alabama Senate Race

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Doug Jones, a Democratic former prosecutor who mounted a seemingly quixotic Senate campaign in the face of Republican dominance here, defeated his scandal-scarred opponent, Roy S. Moore, after a brutal campaign marked by accusations of sexual abuse and child molestation against the Republican, according to The Associated Press.

The upset delivered an unimagined victory for Democrats and shaved Republicans’ unstable Senate majority to a single seat.

Mr. Jones’s victory could have drastic consequences on the national level, snarling Republicans’ legislative agenda in Washington and opening, for the first time, a realistic but still difficult path for Democrats to capture the Senate next year. It amounted to a stinging snub of President Trump, who broke with much of his party and fully embraced Mr. Moore’s candidacy, seeking to rally support for him in the closing days of the campaign.

Sue Bell Cobb, a former chief judge of the Alabama Supreme Court, said Mr. Jones had overcome a culture of “toxic partisanship,” reaching out to Republicans and electrifying restive Democrats.

“Never has there been this level of civic engagement,” said Ms. Cobb, who is planning to run for governor next year. “Never has it happened.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/us/politics/alabama-senate-race-winner.html

Telstar

Telstar

I see the faces of four little angels that were taken from this world in 1963 smiling down on Alabama tonight. Job well done Alabama. cheers cheers cheers

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

As I said in the other thread ... I've leaned Republican for many years, but if a Doug Jones win gives moderate/centrist Republicans more juice in the Senate at this particular point in political time, I'm for it.  

Call me a "NeverTrumper" if you want, I don't care much about labels, but I couldn't vote for Trump, and I couldn't have voted for Moore were I an Alabaman.

I think this Republican Congress, and particularly the House, needs to slow the hell down & really think about what they are doing, do things the right way, and do them incrementally.

Telstar

Telstar

Cartoon cowboys all over the south are heartbroken.

DOUG JONES WINS! ALABAMA REPELS REPUBLICAN SEX FIEND AND CHILD STALKER MOORE Roymoo10

Congrats Doug Jones!

F**k Moore and the horse he rode in on! Very Happy

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Telstar wrote:Cartoon cowboys all over the south are heartbroken.

DOUG JONES WINS! ALABAMA REPELS REPUBLICAN SEX FIEND AND CHILD STALKER MOORE MAD-Magazine-Roy_5a0a04e1d48040.82946865

zsomething

Usually I hate being proven wrong, but this time... hell yeah, go, 'Bama! I didn't think there were enough smart people with integrity in that state to defeat an idiot theocrat, but I'm very happy to have them surprise me. Smile For once enough smart people showed up to rescue the stupid people from themselves.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Usually I hate being proven wrong, but this time... hell yeah, go, 'Bama!  I didn't think there were enough smart people with integrity in that state to defeat an idiot theocrat, but I'm very happy to have them surprise me.  Smile    For once enough smart people showed up to rescue the stupid people from themselves.

A refreshing turn of events.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Telstar wrote:
zsomething wrote:Usually I hate being proven wrong, but this time... hell yeah, go, 'Bama!  I didn't think there were enough smart people with integrity in that state to defeat an idiot theocrat, but I'm very happy to have them surprise me.  Smile    For once enough smart people showed up to rescue the stupid people from themselves.

Won't last long. Just long enough though. Alabama will put a Republican in Jones place in 2020. But it won't be Roy Moore.

Telstar

Telstar

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Won't last long.  Just long enough though.  Alabama will put a Republican in Jones place in 2020.   But it won't be Roy Moore.

They say when you see a pig fly you can't expect it to stay up there very long. We'll see in 2020.

Telstar

Telstar

Maybe the people of Alabama have come to their senses and decided that voting red isn't really in the best interest of them and theirs. Shocked

Telstar

Telstar

DOUG JONES WINS! ALABAMA REPELS REPUBLICAN SEX FIEND AND CHILD STALKER MOORE Alabam11

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum