Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now I feel old as the "who" sells out to Walmart

+4
bigdog
Telstar
PkrBum
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

2seaoat

I am speechless. Their music was iconic, and they made plenty of money during their careers, but now have sold some of their classics for WalMart commercials. I have lived too long.

PkrBum

PkrBum

You don't know their situation or motivations.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:I am speechless.   Their music was iconic, and they made plenty of money during their careers, but now have sold some of their classics for WalMart commercials.  I have lived too long.

Now you too can celebrate the 50th anniversary of this albums release. Don't get fooled again.

Now I feel old as the "who" sells out to Walmart The_wh10

2seaoat

how much is enough.

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's none of your business.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:how much is enough.

2seaoat

Amazing journey......I got to see the off Broadway "tommy opera" and it was the most amazing journey. I remember siting for hours listening to the Who.....hour after hour with no interest to listen to anything else. I was so happy to get that concert on my bucket list, but now I watch a walmart commercial for halloween costumes to "who are you". again I have lived too long.

bigdog

I can't say as I see the problem. I've never been a "Who" fan though. I don't object when I hear Willie Nelson singing in the background of those humane society commercials except that they make me want to either cry or go out and adopt about 50 more dogs. Sinatra is always on at Olive Garden and in whatever elevator I'm riding in and I don't object to that either.
No offense, but IMHO, Sinatra's voice is a lot more iconic than the Who ever will be. And I can still understand every single word in every song he ever sang. Teo was a great Sinatra impersonator, as I remember.
I guess it's just about whatever makes your ears happy. But musicians are as much about money as any other artists are.

2seaoat

They were rock and roll genius. The rock opera was just the icing on the cake. Now I have to watch kids picking costumes to who are you........my youth, my swagger, my rebellion......all for a halloween costume sale.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:They were rock and roll genius.  The rock opera was just the icing on the cake.  Now I have to watch kids picking costumes to who are you........my youth, my swagger, my rebellion......all for a halloween costume sale.

zsomething

When Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" showed up in a commercial, and the Misfits "Where Eagles Dare," I knew nothing was sacred.

I remember when the Ramones were a big shock to the system but now it's hard to find a commercial that doesn't use them. I think "Blitzkrieg Bop" is probably the most-overused-in-commercials song now after ZZ Top's "La Grange" and George Thorogood's "Bad To The Bone."

2seaoat

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

A song about fake news from over fifty years ago, imaginer that.

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:I am speechless.   Their music was iconic, and they made plenty of money during their careers, but now have sold some of their classics for WalMart commercials.  I have lived too long.

And what, pray tell, is the specific problem with that?

PkrBum

PkrBum

EmeraldGhost wrote:

And what, pray tell, is the specific problem with that?  

He transformed from a Goldwater pub into a social justice warrior. He likely got this off maddow.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

PkrBum wrote:

He transformed from a Goldwater pub into a social justice warrior. He likely got this off maddow.

Well, I do hear transforming one's self is all the rage nowadays.    Very Happy

What's up with all this "trans" stuff anyway? Transform, transparent, transgender, transsexual, transracial, trans this, trans that, etc .... I think it might have all started really with the trans-fat thing. But I'm not really sure about that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum