Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mueller impanels Grand Jury

+4
polecat
2seaoat
Telstar
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/3/2017, 4:06 pm

Vikingwoman

Uh oh

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345212-mueller-establishes-grand-jury-in-trump-russia-probe-report

Sal

Sal

Vikingwoman wrote:Uh oh

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345212-mueller-establishes-grand-jury-in-trump-russia-probe-report

Mueller brought on board a prosecutor who specializes in foreign finance and bribery earlier this week.

Things are coming to a head.

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:

Mueller brought on board a prosecutor who specializes in foreign finance and bribery earlier this week.

Things are coming to a head.

Bring on the fat lady to sing her song.

Vikingwoman

I don't think they can any longer say it's a witch hunt. They've found evidence to present.

PkrBum

PkrBum

See how investigations are supposed to work? I'm sure that's lost on comrades.

Vikingwoman

Another reason they've impaneled this jury is they're going to subpoena Kushner and Trump Jr. who wouldn't testify under oath.

7Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/3/2017, 10:54 pm

2seaoat

The target of a grand jury is dependent on what the prosecutor presents. I would not think that he will be starting top down unless they had incredible evidence. I suspect that they will start bottom up like they did in Watergate. I suspect that if the FBI director was truthful and that Trump was not under investigation and others have been investigated for many months longer than the Trump obstruction investigation and financial ties.

8Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/3/2017, 11:59 pm

Vikingwoman wrote:Another reason they've impaneled this jury is they're going to subpoena Kushner and Trump Jr. who wouldn't testify under oath.

They should add Hillary, Lynch and Comey.

9Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 12:08 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Does anyone think that immunities will be thrown around like in the Hillary email scandal?

Lol... joking. The law is fluid with comrades... it's only applied to the other team.

10Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 12:10 am

Still a witch hunt.

11Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 1:28 am

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:The target of a grand jury is dependent on what the prosecutor presents.  I would not think that he will be starting top down unless they had incredible evidence.   I suspect that they will start bottom up like they did in Watergate.   I suspect that if the FBI director was truthful and that Trump was not under investigation and others have been investigated for many months longer than the Trump obstruction investigation and financial ties.

Trump was not under investigation at the time Comey told him that which was Jan. or Feb. He later was after he tried to quash it.

12Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 1:30 am

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:Does anyone think that immunities will be thrown around like in the Hillary email scandal?

Lol... joking. The law is fluid with comrades... it's only applied to the other team.

It already has been asked for.

13Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 2:28 am

polecat

polecat

We're gonna have to nuke North Korea, it's the only way out. Hand me my phone, I'll tweet the launch codes...
- Trump, any minute now.

Stonekettle

14Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 2:42 am

polecat

polecat

trumps lawyer, or is he trumps lawyers lawyer? Nevermind
Jay Sekulow says... "To look at a real estate deal from 10 years ago... would be way outside the scope of the mandate."

Lets remember that Clinton was impeached for lying about a blowjob; nothing is out of the scope for a special prosecutor.

More than that: he was impeached over a blow job by the Whitewater special prosecutor, who was LITERALLY investigating a 20-yr old land deal.

15Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 7:03 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Does anyone think that immunities will be thrown around like in the Hillary email scandal?

Link to quote... not another unnamed pile of streaming crap.

16Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 8:16 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

polecat wrote:trumps lawyer, or is he trumps lawyers lawyer? Nevermind
Jay Sekulow says... "To look at a real estate deal from 10 years ago... would be way outside the scope of the mandate."

Lets remember that Clinton was impeached for lying about a blowjob; nothing is out of the scope for a special prosecutor.

More than that: he was impeached over a blow job by the Whitewater special prosecutor, who was LITERALLY investigating a 20-yr old land deal.

Ken Starr praises, laments Bill Clinton's legacy

By NICK GASS 05/24/2016 08:22 AM EDT

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/kenneth-starr-praises-bill-clinton-223508

Kenneth Starr, the Whitewater independent counsel who vigorously pursued Bill Clinton across the 1990s, spoke highly of the former president's personal attributes last week, days before Donald Trump began dredging up accusations from that era to hammer Hillary Clinton in their looming general election bout.

"President Clinton was and perhaps still is the most gifted politician of the baby boomer generation. He just has remarkable gifts," Starr said during a panel discussion on the American presidency on May 16 at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, in which he compared the 42nd president to predecessors Lyndon B. Johnson and Jimmy Carter in different respects.

Starr's remarks, first reported by The New York Times on Tuesday, suggested a tinge of regret about the role his investigations played in coloring Bill Clinton's legacy. Now the chancellor of Baylor University, Starr has dealt with criticism of his own leadership of the private baptist school in Waco, Texas, in the wake of the administration's handling of sexual assault charges against football players. The school declined to comment Tuesday on reports that Starr had been terminated from his position.

Starr in 1994 took over the investigation of the Clintons' involvement in the so-called Whitewater real estate deal and investigated the circumstances surrounding the suicide of White House deputy counsel Vincent Foster, an incident Trump brought up as "very fishy" in an interview with The Washington Post published Monday evening. Starr's investigation expanded to include a lawsuit filed against Clinton by Paula Jones and his subsequent affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky. Trump, who has hit Hillary Clinton for enabling her husband's behavior, released a video on Instagram on Monday featuring the voices of Lewinsky, as well as Juanita Broaddrick and Kathleen Willey, two of the women who have accused the former president of sexual assault.

Remarking upon Clinton's "genuine empathy," Starr said, "Leave aside the unpleasantness, his genuine empathy for human beings is absolutely clear."

"It is powerful. It is palpable. And the folks of Arkansas really understood that about him, that he genuinely cared," Starr said. "The ‘I feel your pain’ is absolutely genuine."

Starr said Clinton's situation reminds him of the 1969 book titled "The Tragedy of Lyndon Johnson," explaining, "because what could have been and so there are certain tragic dimensions of it, which we all lament."

"Now, that having been said, I think this idea of this redemptive process afterwards, we have certainly seen that powerfully I think both with President Carter and then President Clinton," Starr said. "President Carter I think set a very high standard which President Clinton clearly continues to follow."

17Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 8:27 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/03/what-is-a-grand-jury-trump-russia-mueller-investigation-215458

Bob Mueller Is Using a Grand Jury. Here’s What It Means.

By RENATO MARIOTTI August 03, 2017

18Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 1:05 pm

polecat

polecat

CNN: Grand Jury
MSNBC: Grand Jury
Fox News: Is zebras a kind of horse?

19Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 1:08 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

polecat wrote:CNN: Grand Jury
MSNBC: Grand Jury
Fox News: Is zebras a kind of horse?

If you hear the sound of hooves, it's probably not a zebra.

20Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 2:09 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's a double standard.

This is what's supposed to happen... not just when it's ideologically convenient.

21Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 2:26 pm

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

Flynn has asked for immunity.

22Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 2:47 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

Flynn has asked for immunity.

He offered... to testify to a congressional committee... it's a standard deal. Where are the immunities like handed out to the Clintons cartel... 5 of them... all of the key players... including her chief of staff? Is that the standard?

No? It's a double standard and it's not even close.

23Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 3:20 pm

Vikingwoman

WTF are you talking about? Just because immunity is offered doesn't mean there is anything to be immune about. As I recall her staff testified w/o immunity. How many times do you have to be reminded there was nothing there? Did you see a grand jury impaneled?

24Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 3:40 pm

Telstar

Telstar

I hate the smell of anything that comes from Michigan, Port Huron smells the worst. Worse than the pile of Michigan manure that posts on this forum. Laughing

25Mueller impanels Grand Jury Empty Re: Mueller impanels Grand Jury 8/4/2017, 4:00 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:I hate the smell of anything that comes from Michigan, Port Huron smells the worst. Worse than the pile of Michigan manure that posts on this forum. Laughing

A refreshing comment from the "local" jackass, Telstar.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum