Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

To diehard Trumpions, their leader can do no wrong. How should the left fight back?

+7
othershoe1030
zsomething
Floridatexan
knothead
Sal
IMASOCK
Wordslinger
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

IMASOCK wrote:And your opinion is worth about as much as the trash I am putting into the McDonald's trash basket as I am exiting now.

His opinion currently matches that of 60% of the electorate, dummy.

IMASOCK

othershoe1030 wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:
zsomething wrote:Honestly, a lot of Republicans are just cultists at this point.  To understand 'em, you have to read Eric Hoffer.  

You really can't reach the hardcore ones.  They've been trained like dogs, using old cult tactics.   They're taught that only the news sources favorable to them are "real," so anything with negative news is "false" and are trying to trick them.  They're under attack from everything.   Things are only "fair" if they're heavily slanted in their favor.  No matter how much they're running things or tromping over anyone else's rights, they're the "oppressed" ones.

It's like trying to talk sense to a scientologist.  You're not going to get far with it because they've got everything invested in their belief and will only fight you if you say anything that goes against their programming.  Any attempt to wise them up will only make you be viewed as more of a mistrusted enemy.

They're never going to see the truth about Trump because they're too weak to admit they got duped.  They'll cling to their wrongness like grim death.  It sucks, but some people you just have to write off.

Says the guy who has a party at the bottom of the political spectrum watching
The last eight years of Obama get washed down the drain.

In your personal estimation the D's may be at the bottom of the political spectrum but Trump's current approval ratings are the lowest of any president in the last 70 years. That is not exactly stellar performance in anyone's book.

This administration is being run like a combination of the Keystone Cops and the pop-open doors from the old Laugh In show. Every time you turn around someone is coming up with another version of their alternate facts and everyone, including Fox News is noticing. Disorganized is too kind a term.

That's your opinion because you disagree. Democratic angst is having been rejected by America on their idea that big government is the answer and if those trump approval polls are like the ones you folks touted of a Hillary landslide last November, you're in big trouble as a party.

IMASOCK

Wordslinger wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:And your opinion is worth about as much as the trash I am putting into the McDonald's trash basket as I am exiting now.

Seems like y'alls polls are always wrong. Especially when it comes to voting. Ask Hillary.

Sal

Sal

IMASOCK wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Seems like y'alls  polls are always wrong. Especially when it comes to voting. Ask Hillary.

Actually, the polls were remarkably accurate.

Clinton won the popular vote by more than three million votes.

Of course, the polls are not designed to reflect the influence of the electoral college.

These are all facts that people possessing a single firing brain synapse already know ...

... and, now you do too.

You're welcome.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

IMASOCK wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:
zsomething wrote:Honestly, a lot of Republicans are just cultists at this point.  To understand 'em, you have to read Eric Hoffer.  

You really can't reach the hardcore ones.  They've been trained like dogs, using old cult tactics.   They're taught that only the news sources favorable to them are "real," so anything with negative news is "false" and are trying to trick them.  They're under attack from everything.   Things are only "fair" if they're heavily slanted in their favor.  No matter how much they're running things or tromping over anyone else's rights, they're the "oppressed" ones.

It's like trying to talk sense to a scientologist.  You're not going to get far with it because they've got everything invested in their belief and will only fight you if you say anything that goes against their programming.  Any attempt to wise them up will only make you be viewed as more of a mistrusted enemy.

They're never going to see the truth about Trump because they're too weak to admit they got duped.  They'll cling to their wrongness like grim death.  It sucks, but some people you just have to write off.

In your personal estimation the D's may be at the bottom of the political spectrum but Trump's current approval ratings are the lowest of any president in the last 70 years. That is not exactly stellar performance in anyone's book.

This administration is being run like a combination of the Keystone Cops and the pop-open doors from the old Laugh In show. Every time you turn around someone is coming up with another version of their alternate facts and everyone, including Fox News is noticing. Disorganized is too kind a term.

That's your opinion because you disagree.  Democratic angst is having been rejected by America on their idea that big government is the answer and if those trump approval polls are like the ones you folks touted of a Hillary landslide last November, you're in big trouble as a party.

From now until the end of time Right wingers will poo poo poll results because of the one period in time when they got the electoral collage so wrong. Okay fine, that's your talking point. We can expect to see this talking point from now on.

There is this warning, however. Pollsters are actually pretty good at taking the public's pulse on opinions surrounding current events and things like support for the new healthcare bills and presidential believability. I would not confuse those numbers with the voter's intentions before the 2016 election. You know in your heart that if Trump's numbers were high you all would be saying, see, the people love him. I do know who does look at the poll numbers and those people are in Congress. They are paying attention.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

IMASOCK wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:

That's your opinion because you disagree.  Democratic angst is having been rejected by America on their idea that big government is the answer and if those trump approval polls are like the ones you folks touted of a Hillary landslide last November, you're in big trouble as a party.

And with the republicans in both houses and with Trump reigning over all, the entire country is in BIG BIG TROUBLE, WORSE BY FAR THAN UNDER OBAMA. Reality

IMASOCK

Wordslinger wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:

And with the republicans in both houses and with Trump reigning over all, the entire country is in BIG BIG TROUBLE, WORSE BY FAR THAN UNDER OBAMA.  Reality

“You can dislike the fact that Trump was elected, yes, definitely, and yet still understand and accept ultimately that he was elected this time around. Or you can have a complete mental and emotional collapse and let the Trump presidency define you.

del.capslock

del.capslock

del.capslock wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:Funny that the left feels this way. It's how the right felt under the oppressive Obama regime.

NO!, only the extreme, xenophobic, white-supremacist element  of the right felt that way.

I know plenty of lifelong Republicans--I grew up among them, two cousins were Goldwater advance men!--and none of them would have called the Obama administration oppressive or fascist. They didn't like Obama and they disagreed with his policies, but they also disagreed with the Freedom Caucus and Tea Party segments of their own party. They were intelligent, reasonable conservatives who understood the nature of democracy.

INAPPROPRIATE CONTEXT REMOVED.

DO NOT POST SLANDEROUS ACCUSATIONS REGARDING POSTERS.

The above is post #7 in this thread and I want to go on record that the stuff Joaniphonie deleted was NOT inappropriate in any way and, since this is a written medium, could not have been "SLANDEROUS".

The person they were directed to, IMASOCK, took umbrage and went running to his bitch to have them deleted, but they were, in no way, defamatory--he just didn't like them and couldn't rebut them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

IMASOCK wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:

And with the republicans in both houses and with Trump reigning over all, the entire country is in BIG BIG TROUBLE, WORSE BY FAR THAN UNDER OBAMA.  Reality

“You can dislike the fact that Trump was elected, yes, definitely, and yet still understand and accept ultimately that he was elected this time around. Or you can have a complete mental and emotional collapse and let the Trump presidency define you.

Your argument has a fatal error: you think my angst over Trump is based on my party affiliation. I see Trump as a traitor to the United States of America, and I'm not alone -- with brothers and sisters joining me from both political parties.

I don't hate Trump because he beat Hillary, or because he's a republican. I hate him because he's unstable, immoral, undignified, and a traitor to his country.

IMASOCK

Sal wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Seems like y'alls  polls are always wrong. Especially when it comes to voting. Ask Hillary.

Actually, the polls were remarkably accurate.

Clinton won the popular vote by more than three million votes.

Of course, the polls are not designed to reflect the influence of the electoral college.

These are all facts that people possessing a single firing brain synapse already know ...

... and, now you do too.

You're welcome.

Not so much...they predicted a landslide and she was far from it. Now she will never be POTUS, thank God!

IMASOCK

Wordslinger wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:

Your argument has a fatal error:  you think my angst over Trump is based on my party affiliation.  I see Trump as a traitor to the United States of America, and I'm not alone -- with brothers and sisters joining me from both political parties.  

I don't hate Trump because he beat Hillary, or because he's a republican.  I hate him because he's unstable, immoral, undignified, and a traitor to his country.

Hillary is worse. Hell, she couldn't even walk to her car or make a speech without sounding like she had a lung disease.

del.capslock

del.capslock

IMASOCK wrote:Hillary is worse. Hell, she couldn't even walk to her car or make a speech without sounding like she had a lung disease.

FDR was in a wheelchair for his entire presidency and he managed to get us through the Great Depression and WWII, you dumb shit!

Do you know anything about American history? You seem staggeringly ignorant about almost everything. High school dropout, huh? Functionally illiterate? Just stupid? The possible explanations are endless.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:
IMASOCK wrote:Hillary is worse. Hell, she couldn't even walk to her car or make a speech without sounding like she had a lung disease.

FDR was in a wheelchair for his entire presidency and he managed to get us through the Great Depression and WWII, you dumb shit!

Do you know anything about American history? You seem staggeringly ignorant about almost everything. High school dropout, huh? Functionally illiterate? Just stupid? The possible explanations are endless.

Agreed. Anyone who sees the constantly lying, fumbling, ineffective, untrustworthy, personality-disordered mind of Trump and thinks Hillary's temporary physical health issues during the campaign make her "worse than him" has chit for brains, plain and simple.

Telstar

Telstar

del.capslock wrote:

Probably some sort of teacher at some craphole like Pace low school. Smile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

LOL....and you claim to be from New York. Why concern yourself with community schools in Florida?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:LOL....and you claim to be from New York. Why concern yourself with community schools in Florida?

He lives here now, as do I. Florida is now our state as much as it is yours. As for caplock's comment, you have to admit his target doesn't say much for Florida education.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:LOL....and you claim to be from New York. Why concern yourself with community schools in Florida?

He lives here now, as do I.  Florida is now our state as much as it is yours.  As for caplock's comment, you have to admit his target doesn't say much for Florida education.
So Telstar lives in Florida....LOL.

WHY denigrate a school he knows nothing about? Oh I get it....just to humiliate a poster he doesn't like.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

He lives here now, as do I.  Florida is now our state as much as it is yours.  As for caplock's comment, you have to admit his target doesn't say much for Florida education.

WHY denigrate a school he knows nothing about? Oh I get it....just to humiliate a poster he doesn't like.
Telstar made a broad comment about the state of Florida's educational system based on Pacedawg's as well as Pkrbum's obvious challenges in reading and comprehension. And I believe Pacedawg is a teacher at Pace high ... right?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Telstar made a broad comment about the state of Florida's educational system based on Pacedawg's as well as Pkrbum's obvious challenges in reading and comprehension.  And I believe Pacedawg is a teacher at Pace high ... right?

None of our business. That is personal information divulged by Bill Moore in one of his fits.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

The queen of mean wants to complain about denigrating and humiliating posters that are personally disliked???

To diehard Trumpions, their leader can do no wrong.  How should the left fight back? - Page 2 Office-Jim-laughing1_zps4b63d009

IMASOCK

Wordslinger wrote:

Telstar has always lived here. Right JEP?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Telstar made a broad comment about the state of Florida's educational system based on Pacedawg's as well as Pkrbum's obvious challenges in reading and comprehension.  And I believe Pacedawg is a teacher at Pace high ... right?

None of our business. That is personal information divulged by Bill Moore in one of his fits.

Pacedawg himself mentioned being a teacher, a long time ago. Which, considering his statements here, is more than a little frightening.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Pacedawg himself mentioned being a teacher, a long  time ago. Which, considering his statements here, is more than a little frightening.  

And of course, it was Bill who decided to post all of his personal information.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

The queen of mean wants to complain about denigrating and humiliating posters that are personally disliked???

To diehard Trumpions, their leader can do no wrong.  How should the left fight back? - Page 2 Office-Jim-laughing1_zps4b63d009

Yeah, pretty funny, Sal. Pretty darned funny.

Telstar

Telstar

Nope never have been in Florida. The smart folks on the forum will believe me. The dummies will keep trying to tag me as someone I'm not. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum