Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Words: Spin vs. Reality

+3
del.capslock
PkrBum
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/28/2017, 11:24 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

With the millions of media words on the subject of healthcare legislation, it's easy to get lost in one of the long cavern offshoots.

Simply remember this: Affordable healthcare really means: if you can pay for it you may live.  And if you can't afford it . . . Have a nice trip.

It's profit vs. human compassion (Christians included).  

Guess which wins in Congress . . .

2Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/28/2017, 11:36 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

No... it's about choice. You've bought into the authoritarian edict that strips individuals of their right to conduct their lives as they please. You think that you know what's best for everyone... what unmitigated gall. In the future this statist solution will be applied to other issues that you hate and oppose. You and all leftists can all just pound sand then. You'll get what you deserve for being the useless idiot that you are.

3Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 12:32 am

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:No... it's about choice. You've bought into the authoritarian edict that strips individuals of their right to conduct their lives as they please. You think that you know what's best for everyone... what unmitigated gall. In the future this statist solution will be applied to other issues that you hate and oppose. You and all leftists can all just pound sand then. You'll get what you deserve for being the useless idiot that you are.

Uh oh, look out!

PkrBoy's hittin' the bottle again and letting all his frustration and anger come pouring out because his life is such mess... lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

4Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 1:16 am

2seaoat

I like the idea of liberty. To allow people to conduct their lives as they please is an absurd concept. A civilized society has limits on human behavior. We have stop signs which tell a person that they cannot conduct their lives as they please. It is not some huge political or governmental conflict, it is simple common sense. If a person has a better idea how to keep 20 million American with health insurance, I am all ears. You see the question is never absolute as you continually try the frame the argument. It is simply a question of what is most rational in governing. So, yes some people have their driving impeded by a stop sign, and some people are able to go at a higher rate of speed with out being impeded as the safely go through a controlled intersection. However, to argue that traffic controls are put up by comrades, or that traffic controls wrongfully stop people from doing what they please is simply silly.

I think authoritarian edicts which are rational and benefit society are not bad, and I think letting people do what they want means people should not have to pay taxes or participate in a civilized society. If that authoritarian edict in a democracy is debated and voted upon, it must be rational to survive. The reason that no replacement has been found for the ACA is that it was neither as bad as the propaganda suggested, nor as easy to find a better rational plan.

5Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 1:36 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:The reason that no replacement has been found for the ACA is that it was neither as bad as the propaganda suggested, nor as easy to find a better rational plan.

Amen.

6Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 6:49 am

del.capslock

del.capslock

Part of the problem is just stone ignorance. PkrBoy and his ilk have no knowledge of REAL authoritarian, fascist or statist governments, no understanding of history--especially the history of the past century.

They start raving about liberty and freedom but they can't even really define those words, they are as abstract and intangible as love or faith.

Sad... lol.

7Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 7:19 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:No... it's about choice. You've bought into the authoritarian edict that strips individuals of their right to conduct their lives as they please. You think that you know what's best for everyone... what unmitigated gall. In the future this statist solution will be applied to other issues that you hate and oppose. You and all leftists can all just pound sand then. You'll get what you deserve for being the useless idiot that you are.

What utter nonsense! Just how wonderful is the right to die unnecessarily because you don't have the bucks to pay for the required healthcare?

You're right -- we liberals do indeed understand more about fairness and equality than you do!!

8Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 10:13 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

All of the leftist controls on society are a thin veneer. If (when)the govt lost the ability to feed/clothe/house... etc the ever growing by design huddled masses this unicornville delusion of leftist handout society would devolve into chaos inside of a month... the whole shebang. It wouldn't take much either... famine, sun flare, Yellowstone eruption, gamma burst... etc. Creating a dependent society is a recipe for disaster and failure.

At this point the govt should just set up regional govt healthcare centers for all of those unable to care for themselves. Remember... the dems solely set up a system designed to fail of its own weight. What they didn't count on was their being rejected before they could shoved socialized medicine down our throats as the solution. Capitalism didn't create this mess... govt and useful idiots did. So now the solution they want is complete govt control... and anything else leaves them howling at the moon. I have no sympathy for their contortions and gyrations... they brought this upon themselves and everyone else. Tough shit.

9Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 12:06 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:All of the leftist controls on society are a thin veneer. If (when)the govt lost the ability to feed/clothe/house... etc the ever growing by design huddled masses this unicornville delusion of leftist handout society would devolve into chaos inside of a month... the whole shebang. It wouldn't take much either... famine, sun flare, Yellowstone eruption, gamma burst... etc. Creating a dependent society is a recipe for disaster and failure.

At this point the govt should just set up regional govt healthcare centers for all of those unable to care for themselves. Remember... the dems solely set up a system designed to fail of its own weight. What they didn't count on was their being rejected before they could shoved socialized medicine down our throats as the solution. Capitalism didn't create this mess... govt and useful idiots did. So now the solution they want is complete govt control... and anything else leaves them howling at the moon. I have no sympathy for their contortions and gyrations... they brought this upon themselves and everyone else. Tough shit.

So, you're not going to collect Social Security, like your hero Ayn Rand did?

Racist Objectivists are easy... lol.

10Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 1:15 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I wrote about my call from the NRA (actually for my daughter, who is a registered gun owner. How does the NRA get access to lists of registered gun owners, anyway?) The content of that call made me sick...it tried to paint ME as the enemy. And now this latest ad, starring Dana Loesch, one of the truly ugliest women I've ever seen, from the inside out:

11Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 1:27 pm

zsomething

Crazy fascistic shit like the NRA is spouting is why I have guns... so I can shoot back at them if they start trying to act on their paranoid fantasies.

O' course, maybe that's what they want, too -- just to sell more guns, even to people who'd need protection from them. But, I'm far, far, far more likely to get killed by some radicalized Christian gun nut than I am any Muslim terrorist. I'm not going to be intimidated by people who believe crazy irrational stuff, no matter if they're foreign or domestic.

I'm a gun owner, but I'll never be a member of the NRA. They're basically just another terrorist organization at this point. That ad is basically them announcing their willingness to be Trump's brownshirts. And when one of their militia lunatics opens fire on a peaceful protest, that ad's going to get thrown back in their faces, hard.

12Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 3:01 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

Floridatexan wrote:
...starring Dana Loesch, one of the truly ugliest women I've ever seen,

HEY! I think she's kinda hot--in a Mistress Helga sort of way. Just looking at her makes me think I probably need some discipline.

One suggestion I'd like to make regarding unsolicited calls. It's unwise to engage the callers in any kind of colloquy. They have your phone number and other info on their screens and if a call is too much of a pain-in-the-ass, they'll copy the info onto the pad they keep at their stations to remark on troublesome callers.

On coffee breaks, they trade info and sometimes make abusive calls late at night in support of each other. They can make your life miserable very easily and some of the people doing outbound calling can be particularly vindictive. I should know, I was involved with one once. YIKES!

The best thing to do is just hang up. They don't mind that because it allows them to get on to the next call. That's what they do.

13Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 3:17 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I just change my phone number once a year or so... usually while getting a new phone. It's not very hard nowa days to shoot off an email or msg to contact list. I would think it not much more difficult for a land line... just send new number to cell contact list. I also went thru my contact list last time before transferring it to new phone and trimmed it from 1000+ to under 200. It's amazing how many people you meet... lol.

Edit... there are also apps for cells that block unwanted calls... i can look up the one i use if anyone is interested.

14Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 4:35 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

del.capslock wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

HEY! I think she's kinda hot--in a Mistress Helga sort of way. Just looking at her makes me think I probably need some discipline.

You do.

One suggestion I'd like to make regarding unsolicited calls. It's unwise to engage the callers in any kind of colloquy. They have your phone number and other info on their screens and if a call is too much of a pain-in-the-ass, they'll copy the info onto the pad they keep at their stations to remark on troublesome callers.

On coffee breaks, they trade info and sometimes make abusive calls late at night in support of each other. They can make your life miserable very easily and some of the people doing outbound calling can be particularly vindictive. I should know, I was involved with one once. YIKES!

The best thing to do is just hang up. They don't mind that because it allows them to get on to the next call. That's what they do.

15Words: Spin vs. Reality Empty Re: Words: Spin vs. Reality 6/29/2017, 11:33 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

Floridatexan wrote:
del.capslock wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

You do.

Uh...          do I have to pay extra?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum