Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The power of google ad words and bing ad words

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

My wife and I have one business which is basically seasonal. Ten years ago we used radio ads, TV ads, newspaper ads and did have a website. Our product is such that only about 10% of the market has a demand for the same. So a full page ad in a daily newspaper with good circulation during the week could cost $800 for one day. 10k people could get an impression as they were reading the paper, but less than 1% had any interest in this seasonal product. Radio was less expensive and did bring some customer sales, and TV in smaller markets was affordable, but in our business not effective.

Eight years ago, I began writing google ads which run on top, bottom, or side when you make a search for wickets. I can direct that a person in Texas who is looking for our wicket will never see the ad, and we can refine the search to a particular city, time, and date to run. I can go a dollar a day to thousands of dollars, but in our business about $40 a day at the right time brings us clicks and success. So for the price of one Newspaper ad for one day we almost run ads for a month.

Well, in the last two weeks google ads brought us more business than the first two years of our ownership of this business. It is incredible what these targeted searches have done to print media, radio, and TV. You begin to wonder that the only thing left for that media is political campaigns because business people are finding young people know how to use computer search functions and the days of reading the paper before going out shopping are done. The demise of brick and mortar may have been overstated, but the demise of media advertising has forever been fundamentally changed.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum