Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The President could have recorded conversations with Comey

+6
Sal
del.capslock
Vikingwoman
PkrBum
Floridatexan
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

RealLindaL

RealLindaL wrote:The man was correct in his selection of the appropriate phrase.

Except, as I intended to add and will do so here rather than via an edit: the last word should be loquitur, not loquitor. (With thanks to my high school Latin teacher -- long gone, no doubt.)

del.capslock

del.capslock

RealLindaL wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:The man was correct in his selection of the appropriate phrase.

Except, as I intended to add and will do so here rather than via an edit:  the last word should be loquitur, not loquitor.   (With thanks to my high school Latin teacher -- long gone, no doubt.)

Thank you for that. I should have looked it up first. Hubris.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I think Linda...has a hard time thinking socks are here.

I don't have a hard time at all, because I don't drive myself nutso with it the way you and Joani do.  I simply take posters at their face value for whatever they have (or don't have) to contribute to the discussion.  Period.  I don't expect them to be my lifelong friends, and I don't get my jollies by pompously pretending to know who they are or aren't.

Please note Joani only posts her "LOL" instead of answering my oft-stated challenge to say exactly who she thinks del.caps is (we all know who she thinks Tel is).  That's because she doesn't know, as much as she likes to pretend to know everything.  If she did, she'd call del by his prior name(s), whoever she thinks he is, just like she does with Tel.    

And if she really thinks, as she keeps hinting at more and more, that del and Tel are the same person, she's WAY off base as these two very obviously have nowhere near the same intellect, personality, or writing style and ability.  The fact that they're both often acerbic in their own way is about all they have in common, far as I can see.  To believe otherwise (though she doesn't have the guts to come out and say it in so many words) indicates a lack of basic analytical ability.

As for any "Joani/Linda feud," it only exists because she doesn't like the fact that I refuse to agree that Tel is Bill, since, unlike her, I don't pretend to know things I can't possibly know, and because she thinks I'm an insufferable, arrogant person, as she can't stand being corrected, challenged or proven wrong in any way-- making her seem a very insecure woman indeed, one who can dish it out, but can't take it.

You, too, Sea, avoid the question of just who you think Del is, but instead keep throwing out the accusations, same as your buddy Joani.   Glad you two can entertain each other with the sock thing.

As for me, I find y'all's obsession with it positively tedious.  (Good word, Sea.  Thanks for the loan.)

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Except, as I intended to add and will do so here rather than via an edit:  the last word should be loquitur, not loquitor.   (With thanks to my high school Latin teacher -- long gone, no doubt.)

Thank you for that. I should have looked it up first. Hubris.

And it's to your everlasting credit that you admit that, del. Some of the folks we're speaking with here would almost surely admit only to an inadvertent typo. They know who they are. Smile

2seaoat

Except, as I intended to add and will do so here rather than via an edit: the last word should be loquitur, not loquitor. (With thanks to my high school Latin teacher -- long gone, no doubt.)

I can only smile. I have two glaring aptitude deficiencies. Music and foreign languages. I got my worse grade in High School in Latin II. I was told that educated people learn Latin, and chose Latin over Spanish. I have told this story on the PNJ. I always just understood things and when I left Latin I, I was sliding and not doing my homework because I always seemed to do ok on tests. However, the cumulative nature of language and learning the basic building blocks, bushwacked me when I had Francis the most autocratic Latin teacher in America. He would humiliate students when translating, and his favorite was to have students go to the board with their homework and absolutely dissect their work.

Well, I never did my homework, and while riding the bus to school my sophomore year, I just scribbled some words down to fill a homework assignment so when Francis walked around the room he would see something on my assignment. Well, a friend of mine who had four older siblings who all took Latin, got a pass from our Latin I teacher as he too was sliding and suddenly found out that maybe that homework had a purpose. He begged me to share my homework because he sat in the first chair next to the teacher's desk. I explained it was garbage because I just filled in the blanks under the mimeographed questions, and he said he did not care.

Well Francis of course calls on my friend to go to the dreaded board and write his written answers. It took only about one minute when Francis had an almost career ending melt down as he started screaming at my friend that he was conjugating nouns and in his career he had never seen anything this stupid......too which he throws his chalk and tells my friend that his brain is the size of a peanut in a boxcar, and then storms out of the room. My friend immediately turns at the chalk board as Francis is slamming the door and yells "Seaoat you son of a bitch", as the whole class let out uncontrolled laughter. The best part is that he did not return that period, and the next week he had asked for a tutor for about 10 of his thirty students, as there were plenty of slackers who were just getting their two years of Latin. To this day that friend who lives in Boise said I permanently scarred him. I simply say Francis was right.....anybody foolish to ask Seaoat for his Latin homework does have a peanut in a boxcar for a brain.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:
I can only smile.  I have two glaring aptitude deficiencies.  Music and foreign languages.  I got my worse grade in High School in Latin II.  I was told that educated people learn Latin, and chose Latin over Spanish.  I have told this story on the PNJ.   I always just understood things and when I left Latin I, I was sliding and not doing my homework because I always seemed to do ok on tests.  However, the cumulative nature of language and learning the basic building blocks, bushwacked me when I had Francis the most autocratic Latin teacher in America.  He would humiliate students when translating, and his favorite was to have students go to the board with their homework and absolutely dissect their work.

Well, I never did my homework, and while riding the bus to school my sophomore year, I just scribbled some words down to fill a homework assignment so when Francis walked around the room he would see something on my assignment.   Well, a friend of mine who had four older siblings who all took Latin, got a pass from our Latin I teacher as he too was sliding and suddenly found out that maybe that homework had a purpose.  He begged me to share my homework because he sat in the first chair next to the teacher's desk.  I explained it was garbage because I just filled in the blanks under the mimeographed questions, and he said he did not care.

Well Francis of course calls on my friend to go to the dreaded board and write his written answers.  It took only about one minute when Francis had an almost career ending melt down as he started screaming at my friend that he was conjugating nouns and in his career he had never seen anything this stupid......too which he throws his chalk and tells my friend that his brain is the size of a peanut in a boxcar, and then storms out of the room.  My friend immediately turns at the chalk board as Francis is slamming the door and yells "Seaoat you son of a bitch", as the whole class let out uncontrolled laughter.  The best part is that he did not return that period, and the next week he had asked for a tutor for about 10 of his thirty students, as there were plenty of slackers who were just getting their two years of Latin.  To this day that friend who lives in Boise said I permanently scarred him.  I simply say Francis was right.....anybody foolish to ask Seaoat for his Latin homework does have a peanut in a boxcar for a brain.

My God, you like to talk about yourself and you do go on! I guess you never read Strunk, huh?

When will you start updating us on the state of your bowels like every other crazy old Grandpa on the planet?

We're all breathless with anticipation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I simply say Francis was right.....anybody foolish to ask Seaoat for his Latin homework does have a peanut in a boxcar for a brain.

Hilarious story, Sea, thanks for sharing.  Way too funny for this late at night. I may not be able to sleep.  Ha.

As for your statement, " I was told that educated people learn Latin, and chose Latin over Spanish" - what does that make me, since I took Latin but majored in Spanish?  Smile

As for your failings, we're obviously polar opposites, since music and language are about the only things I'm reasonably decent at.  (And yes, I know I ended that sentence with a preposition.  Tough noogies, people.  It happens.)

On that note, buenas noches or bonum nocte or whatever floats your boat upon the sea of dreams.

2seaoat

Also, the best part of my Latin II story is that I sat in the last chair in that same row which my friend was next to the teacher. So when I had to translate, all the people around me whispered the translation to me so that I actually just got by in Latin II, but when Francis would get angry with me he would always say" brother Seaoat" to preface his attacks. It was funny because the slackers would all have these huge wet sweat marks under their arms as this instructor introduced most Sophomore males to their sweat glands under a stressful situation. I saw one small courageous kid whose father was a judge quietly tell Francis that he did not care to translate verbally in his class any more because it was humiliating, and like every bully the little guy stood up, and Francis left him alone the rest of the year. That same kid made me very uncomfortable in PE class where his locker was next to mine, and after showers he had an obvious wandering eye, and repeatedly would boldly inform me that 10% of all men are homosexuals. I went to look for a camera 15 years after high school and he was the owner of the camera shop, and he had a male partner, and was open about his sexual preference. A lifetime of learning, and at times funny as hell, but sophistry.....not very funny.

2seaoat

As for your statement, " I was told that educated people learn Latin, and chose Latin over Spanish" - what does that make me, since I took Latin but majored in Spanish? Smile

I had the same problem. I needed two languages for my PHD, and so realizing that my aptitudes were deficient in music and language, I went to Mexico and enrolled in an language school and lived with a poor Mexican family. I went from 205 lbs to 170 lbs in six months as I ate what they did, and my comprehension of spoken Spanish just exploded, but when I tried to speak, I was told I sounded like an Italian trying to speak Spanish. The best part at the six month point, I started to dream in Spanish. It was a complete break through and it was amazing as I had Mexican friends who we had deep conversations despite my spoken and reading deficiencies. I still understand spoken Spanish better than my reading comprehension and written language structure. In five years I lost 90% of what I learned, but surprisingly most of the Latin I did learn has stuck with me over the years.

My sixth grade music teacher just bluntly told me I was tone deaf, and when I did my fourth grade flute solo I remember my mother and father begging me not to pick that instrument which I thought was cool because of some movie I saw when it looked like fun. The disappointed look on their face after the solo told me all I needed to know as I played pomp and circumstance, and it was not until a day before the solo that suddenly it dawned on me....hey that is the music from queen for a day......I made great strides in that final day, but not enough to overcome my deficiencies. Sadly, my father died about a month after my performance of a massive stroke, and to this day I avoid singing in Church, or when listening to music because I have serious concerns that somebody might die.

PkrBum

PkrBum

What i don't get is the continued use of a sock. I'm assuming it's entertaining for a while... as long as lying to people fulfills something inside of them. But given our history it just seems very dishonest.

NO one new could come here with a working knowledge of the dynamics and background... period.

It's just not possible.

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Again, I have been fooled before, I am not fooled this time, and so tired of this tedious routine which having exposed the same will allow this sock to slip into a new avatar, and you can find a new friend in the future when presto.....we have a new member.

Del.caps is not my friend any more than you are.   He is simply a forum member who likes to mix it up, just like you do.  I don't like his nasty insults any more than I like yours.  But if you are the better person, you sure don't act like it, going on and on and on and on with how right you are, speaking in circles and with your special brand of senseless smokescreen rhetoric that doesn't fool anyone.   You only sound as if you're about to give yourself a heart attack, for Pete's sake.  

Meanwhile you and YOUR pal Joani are insane with your constant rants about socks, when neither one of you has the guts to name the person you think this "sock" really is, because you know damned well you have no friggin' clue whether he is or isn't, or who he is.  TRUTH!!!!  NO CLUE!!!  

If you only knew how it just makes you both sound positively childish and stupid, and I do mean stupid -- and that's aside from hopelessly paranoid, which we already knew about her, and now about both of you.

lol!

Rolling Eyes  drunken  The President could have recorded conversations with Comey - Page 3 Corona17

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Assume the recordings exist, and that Trump committed treason by advising the Russian diplomats inside the White House of secret information.  Then the House would impeach and the senate would decide the issue.

Now count republican seats.  

When it comes down to being hated forever by your party, do you really think McCain or Graham would vote for tossing out the first republican president whose party controlled both Houses?

The REAL question isn't whether Trump's guilty, or crazy, or both.  The issue is whether the republicans in the House and Senate would toss the pussy-grabbing, treasonous, thieving bastard, who runs around telling us to "Believe. Really believe that oil smoke is good for us."  

Reality.    

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum