Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carl Bernstein: 'People in Trump world are terrified' of the magnitude of Russian problem

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Telstar

Telstar

Sounds like the media is already trying to ease his exit by claiming #45 is too dumb to understand that he is aiding our enemies in their quest to destroy our country. Pitiful.

RealLindaL

Interesting CNN segment, but personally I don't think the media are trying to "ease" DT's exit; it's not even remotely visible on any horizon yet. I can understand the thinking, Tel, but am afraid it's probably of the wishful variety.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Interesting CNN segment, but personally I don't think the media are trying to "ease" DT's exit; it's not even remotely visible on any horizon yet.  I can understand the thinking, Tel, but am afraid it's probably of the wishful variety.

If he's still around in 2020 it will only be because he has 10 times the money that Nixon/Agnew had.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:If he's still around in 2020 it will only be because he has 10 times the money that Nixon/Agnew had.

Time will tell and we shall see. Personally I wish the man could be gone tomorrow. Make that yesterday.

del.capslock

del.capslock

If Trump goes we get Pence and he's an order of magnitude worse--probably why Trump picked him.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Talk about a choice among completely bad options. Trump runs as an unpopular incumbent; Pence runs after DT's exit in one way or another. Would Pence be a good campaigner? He has no charisma, more like Cheney.

Who's the Dem's candidate in 2020?

zsomething

It's looking like we might have a Manchurian Candidate situation. All the distractions they're throwing out just makes it look like they have more to hide.

He could be impeached for a lot of reasons (the Russia thing, his painfully obvious mental illness, business-related corruption that hasn't been dug into much yet), but it'll take the Republicans to do it... and I don't know if they will. I'm pretty sure they'd rather have Pence. He at least seems reasonable and sane, and he's a theocrat, and theocracy has been the dream of a lot of the GOP base for quite a while now. They might be giving Trump enough rope and then can him later and claim they're a party with enough integrity to remove one of their own when he proves unfit... and then use Pence as a "fresh start" reset button going into 2020. That could be a nightmare, because Pence is quieter about it, but he's also nuts.

I'm not sure who the Dems will run. They have a bit of a bench problem. But they better come up with somebody, because this ship's headed toward a reef, and Republicans aren't going to fix it...

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:That could be a nightmare, because Pence is quieter about it, but he's also nuts.

I'm not sure who the Dems will run.  They have a bit of a bench problem.  But they better come up with somebody, because this ship's headed toward a reef, and Republicans aren't going to fix it...

Pence may also be nuts (in a frighteningly religious sort of way), but at least he's coherent and relatively consistent in expressing his positions. It's a whole lot easier to present cogent arguments against someone like that than against a constantly moving, incoherent 'target' such as Trump.

As for the Dem candidate, I nominate Adam Schiff.  Trouble is, he's "only" a representative (since 2001), not even a senator.  Of course, Trump wasn't either one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum