Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forbes List of World’s Most Powerful People: 1. Putin, 2. Trump… 48. Obama

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Really, does this surprise ANYONE?

Keep in mind Progressives, this is from Forbes, not Gatway

Forbes List of World’s Most Powerful People: 1. Putin, 2. Trump… 48. Obama

Jim Hoft Dec 17th, 2016 8:01 am

Forbes released it current list of the World’s Most Powerful People. Russia’s Vladimir Putin was listed at number one on the list with President-Elect Donald Trump listed at number two. Angela Merkel of Germany was number three.

Way down the list at number 48 is the current President of the United States, Barack Obama.

Kim Jong-un of North Korea was listed above Obama at number 43.

China stole a US underwater drone while the US watched on Thursday in the South China Sea. Obama’s lack of a response probably didn’t halt his free-fall on the list of World’s Most Powerful.

[...]

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/12/forbes-list-of-worlds-most-powerful-people-1-putin-2-trump-48-obama/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/12/forbes-list-of-worlds-most-powerful-people-1-putin-2-trump-48-obama/

Forbes List of World’s Most Powerful People: 1. Putin, 2. Trump… 48. Obama D4f6880e6d58b9c8eb49b60c8600324fba66c566c2eb32074fd2ec47c434cc16

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RealLindaL

Right, Z-man. Who cares what Forbes thinks?? Powerful in THEIR estimation doesn't make it objectively so. Power is a very subjective quality in any case, and I choose to define power completely differently, since to me their top two picks are complete phonies. If their top two WERE the most powerful people in every sense of the word, the world would likely be doomed -- and maybe it is.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:Right, Z-man.  Who cares what Forbes thinks??   Powerful in THEIR estimation doesn't make it objectively so.    Power is a very subjective quality in any case, and I choose to define power completely differently, since to me their top two picks are complete phonies.   If their top two WERE the most powerful people in every sense of the word, the world would likely be doomed -- and maybe it is.

Forbes List of World’s Most Powerful People: 1. Putin, 2. Trump… 48. Obama Sour-Grapes-Central_zpsdbzuri0a

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Right, Z-man.  Who cares what Forbes thinks??   Powerful in THEIR estimation doesn't make it objectively so.    Power is a very subjective quality in any case, and I choose to define power completely differently, since to me their top two picks are complete phonies.   If their top two WERE the most powerful people in every sense of the word, the world would likely be doomed -- and maybe it is.

Forbes List of World’s Most Powerful People: 1. Putin, 2. Trump… 48. Obama Sour-Grapes-Central_zpsdbzuri0a

Thank you for your continued fine and thoughtful contributions to the discussion. I'm not surprised to realize you are delighted that Putin tops the list.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Thank you for your continued fine and thoughtful contributions to the discussion.  I'm not surprised to realize you are delighted that Putin tops the list.

Show us all where I made any sort of a statement.

Although, I am not at all surprised to see him there and Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama way back among the also-rans. Putin has had President Obama dangling by strings and running him all over the board. Even you have to admit that Putin has made Obama look even more inept and useless than anyone thought possible.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Putin has had President Obama dangling by strings and running him all over the board.

Forbes List of World’s Most Powerful People: 1. Putin, 2. Trump… 48. Obama 4102048

President Obama: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space."

President Medvedev: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…"

President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:Putin has had President Obama dangling by strings and running him all over the board.

Forbes List of World’s Most Powerful People: 1. Putin, 2. Trump… 48. Obama 4102048

Vladimir Putin invaded Crimea with no objection from Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama. Russia now has their military in the Ukraine.

Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama left a vacuum in the Middle East when Obama took all our troops out of Iran.

President Obama then "drew a red line in the sand" saying that if Bashar al-Assad used chemical weapons there would be severe consequences. President Obama also said that Assad HAD TO GO.

The result of President Obama's feckless leadership, a policy of "leading from behind" has been the explosion of ISIS and Russia stepping into the Obama vacuum by backing Assad and causing millions of refugees invading Europe and tens of thousands of innocent civilians being tortured and brutally murdered.

Now China is building military installations on islands they are building in the China Sea. Then they steal one of our underwater drones, have taken it to the China mainland where it has unquestionably been dismantled and reverse engineered.

Democrats are whining that Russia hacked their emails and cost them the election. President Obama reveals that he knew about it back in October and, in stern words, told them to "CUT THAT OUT"!

Forbes List of World’s Most Powerful People: 1. Putin, 2. Trump… 48. Obama 4bd29332-ad8e-4860-958b-216999a04ad7_zpsu53yt1ag

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Thank you for your continued fine and thoughtful contributions to the discussion.  I'm not surprised to realize you are delighted that Putin tops the list.

Show us all where I made any sort of a statement.

Although, I am not at all surprised to see him there and Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama way back among the also-rans.  Putin has had President Obama dangling by strings and running him all over the board.  Even you have to admit that Putin has made Obama look even more inept and useless than anyone thought possible.

You didn't have to make the specific statement.  You came in here and threw the Forbes list in our faces with obvious delight.  Now you're gonna cherry pick the list to suit your agenda?  Which is it?  It's great and credible, or it isn't?

I admit nothing of the sort as to Putin's making Obama look "inept and useless."  Speak for yourself, John, and quit trying to force your own hateful words to come out of my mouth.

Are you using his real name?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:Are you using his real name?

No, his name begins with an "H".

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:No, his name begins with an "H".

Hannibal?

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:No, his name begins with an "H".

Hannibal?

Homer......Hopeless.....Hoptoad??? lol!

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Are you using his real name?

Am I using Markle's real name when I say, "Speak for yourself, John"? You're kidding me, right?? Does "The Courtship of Miles Standish" ring a bell with you?? Or didn't they teach classic American literature and poetry where you went to school?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:Or didn't they teach classic American literature and poetry where you went to school?

I took one lit course in junior college to fulfill the elective requirement and then went back to continuing my major in biology. The lit course sucked, just like I thought it would.....
Cool

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Or didn't they teach classic American literature and poetry where you went to school?

I took one lit course in junior college to fulfill the elective requirement and then went back to continuing my major in biology. The lit course sucked, just like I thought it would....

Early on I learned that whatever my perception of what the course was going to be, great to terrible, inevitably proved to be true.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I took one lit course in junior college to fulfill the elective requirement and then went back to continuing my major in biology. The lit course sucked, just like I thought it would....

Early on I learned that whatever my perception of what the course was going to be, great to terrible, inevitably proved to be true.

Self-fulfilling prophesies, I presume you are describing, M.

Look, this conversation is all very cute and interesting but it doesn't answer the question I posed to you, so, to use your phrase:   ONCE MORE:

You came in here and threw the Forbes list in our faces with obvious delight.  Now you're gonna cherry pick the list to suit your agenda?  Which is it?  It's great and credible, or it isn't?

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Look, this conversation is all very cute and interesting but it doesn't answer the question I posed to you, so, to use your phrase:   ONCE MORE:

You came in here and threw the Forbes list in our faces with obvious delight.  Now you're gonna cherry pick the list to suit your agenda?  Which is it?  It's great and credible, or it isn't?

Self-fulfilling prolificacy...not exactly but close. I go into almost anything with an optimistic view. I didn't allow myself to dread any course or job. Instead of calendars, I used to mail "To Do" lists with a drawing of a large, ugly bullfrog at the top. Beneath that the text read: "Eat a live bullfrog the first thing each morning. It will be the worst thing you have to do all day". In other words, do the thing on your list you HATE most first, and the rest will be easy.

Was my post accurate or not?

Is this what they said or not?

"America's outgoing president faces a legacy in jeopardy as his successor has threatened to unravel signature achievements, including healthcare reform and the Iranian nuclear accord. The 44th leader of the free world will likely still retain influence as a kingmaker in the Democratic Party, but has yet to announce plans for after his term ends in January 2017. Obama is leaving office at a time of global upheaval; a surge in populism has generated political instability in Europe, punctuated by the June 2016 Brexit. Domestically, his successor Donald Trump rode a similar wave of electoral dissatisfaction to victory, despite Obama's best efforts to stop him."

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Self-fulfilling prolificacy...not exactly but close.  I go into almost anything with an optimistic view.  I didn't allow myself to dread any course or job.  Instead of calendars, I used to mail "To Do" lists with a drawing of a large, ugly bullfrog at the top.  Beneath that the text read:  "Eat a live bullfrog the first thing each morning.  It will be the worst thing you have to do all day".  In other words, do the thing on your list you HATE most first, and the rest will be easy.

Was my post accurate or not?

The phrase is "self-fulfilling prophecy," not "prolificacy," which has to do with fertility or being prolific.  Basically in this context a self-fulfilling prophecy would mean that if you predict (prophesy) that something will be unpleasant, it probably will be.   Has to do with state of mind/optimism vs. pessimism.   This was obviously in response to your statement, "Early on I learned that whatever my perception of what the course was going to be, great to terrible, inevitably proved to be true."

Loved your bullfrog thing.

Did not question the accuracy of your post but only posited that, since you put forth the Forbes list as valid, that must mean you are happy with/agree with Putin being #1, unless you are going to cherry pick what's valid and what isn't on the list.   I haven't heard you refute that, so, to use your favorite tactic again, thank you for confirming it for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum