Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uh OH...since October we have lost more retail jobs than the entire total of coal workers in America

+3
Sal
Telstar
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Make America great Again.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-retail-apocalypse-is-creating-a-rolling-crisis-that-is-rippling-through-the-us-economy/ar-BBzWIWZ?li=BBnb7Kz

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Make America great Again.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-retail-apocalypse-is-creating-a-rolling-crisis-that-is-rippling-through-the-us-economy/ar-BBzWIWZ?li=BBnb7Kz

We had our BIGGEST LOSS in November.

Sal

Sal

Meanwhile, gas prices are skyrocketing.

Thanks, Donnie.

2seaoat

I am a firm believer that Presidents are a distant secondary factor in our GDP. The rapid decline of retail jobs has little to do with President Obama or President Trump, just like the decline of coal jobs to 89k total in America had little to do with President Obama. There are complexities in economics which are not explained by simple concepts like bringing coal jobs back or bringing back blockbuster jobs. There still is somebody in America who probably manufactures buggy whips, and the idea that the President by some omnipotent power will bring back buggy whips tells us more about the the lack of economic intelligence of a person than it reflects reality. Next year at this time we will see where the economy is, and hopefully we will not be at war killing innocents.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:I am a firm believer that Presidents are a distant secondary factor in our GDP.  The rapid decline of retail jobs has little to do with President Obama or President Trump, just like the decline of coal jobs to 89k total in America had little to do with President Obama.  There are complexities in economics which are not explained by simple concepts like bringing coal jobs back or bringing back blockbuster jobs.   There still is somebody in America who probably manufactures buggy whips, and the idea that the President by some omnipotent power will bring back buggy whips tells us more about the the lack of economic intelligence of a person than it reflects reality.  Next year at this time we will see where the economy is, and hopefully we will not be at war killing innocents.

President Jackass is a loser.

And the ignorant deplorable will still support him.

I wonder what it would take to turn them?

Clearly facts don't seem to have any effect on 'em. Rolling Eyes

Telstar

Telstar

panhandler wrote:And the ignorant deplorable will still support him.

Too bad he can't grab all their trashy wives and daughters by their pussies.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:I am a firm believer that Presidents are a distant secondary factor in our GDP.  The rapid decline of retail jobs has little to do with President Obama or President Trump, just like the decline of coal jobs to 89k total in America had little to do with President Obama.  There are complexities in economics which are not explained by simple concepts like bringing coal jobs back or bringing back blockbuster jobs.   There still is somebody in America who probably manufactures buggy whips, and the idea that the President by some omnipotent power will bring back buggy whips tells us more about the the lack of economic intelligence of a person than it reflects reality.  Next year at this time we will see where the economy is, and hopefully we will not be at war killing innocents.

You have an astonishing grasp of the obvious. Exactly what are these complexities? Can you enumerate or even describe them or do you just know about them?

The buggy-whip manufactures example you cite is so dated and such a cliche that I would imagine you got your economic knowledge during the mercantilism era.

ul·tra·crep·i·dar·i·an

ˌəltrəkrepəˈderēən/
adjective
expressing opinions on matters outside the scope of one's knowledge or expertise.
"“Dad, how do we know the universe is expanding?” inquires your six-year-old. Try answering that without resorting to an ultracrepidarian trick here or there"
noun
a person who expresses opinions on matters outside the scope of their knowledge or expertise.
"most patients are ultracrepidarians when it comes to medicine"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

2seaoat

Can you enumerate or even describe them or do you just know about them?

I just know about them, and knowing the obvious lack of conceptualization displayed by some socks, plaid socks or white socks.......it still is a bridge too far.

knothead

knothead

It will require a list of policy failures with distant maturity dates to fail clearly and definitively . . . . . should that happen it will cascade.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:

Perhaps your wife and daughter.

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Perhaps your wife and daughter.

Perhaps but only if I have a wife or daughter. Are you sure I have a wife and daughter Joanie? Sure this isn't just another feeble attempt by the frustrated moderator trying to stir the pot like she did in the good old days when she would wind up her secret angel lover and send them out after members hurling the c word at them with the feeble sub moderators approval of course. Twisted Evil

del.capslock

del.capslock

Telstar wrote:

Are you sure I have a wife and daughter Joanie? Sure this isn't just another feeble attempt by the frustrated moderator trying to stir the pot like she did in the good old days when she would wind up her secret angel lover and send them out after members hurling the c word at them with the feeble sub moderators approval of course. Twisted Evil

POW!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

wolfhouse

Losing retail jobs isn't really something a potus can stop.

Think about it. Now there's Internet, social media, etc. Amazon crushed all the other sellers last black friday. So this is infrastructure transitioning. Unfortunately for the people who are not adapting, human resources aren't needed in places where people aren't buying anymore.

I also don't think retailers are helping themselves much. I went to find a new computer the other day. I drove all around town because I wanted it that day.

I walked into Best Buy, Costco, Staples, and other stores. And do you know what the sales staff said? "What are you looking for?.. oh that's right here"... ok. That's it. No actual selling took place!! They just crossed their arms, at every single one of these stores, and did nothing else other than point to where the product was on the shelve.

Do you know what I did when I didn't see any great deals? I ordered on Amazon 2 day deliver.

Retail is on the way out.

http://www.wolfwantshouses.com/

Telstar

Telstar

wolfhouse wrote:Losing retail jobs isn't really something a potus can stop.

Think about it. Now there's Internet, social media, etc. Amazon crushed all the other sellers last black friday. So this is infrastructure transitioning. Unfortunately for the people who are not adapting, human resources aren't needed in places where people aren't buying anymore.

I also don't think retailers are helping themselves much. I went to find a new computer the other day. I drove all around town because I wanted it that day.

I walked into Best Buy, Costco, Staples, and other stores. And do you know what the sales staff said? "What are you looking for?.. oh that's right here"... ok. That's it. No actual selling took place!! They just crossed their arms, at every single one of these stores, and did nothing else other than point to where the product was on the shelve.

Do you know what I did when I didn't see any great deals? I ordered on Amazon 2 day deliver.

Retail is on the way out.

The POTUS is responsible for every thing that happens on his watch. If the economy tanks so does the sitting POTUS. So sad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum