Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It is interesting who is sponsoring classic old tv on the free antenna networks

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

My wife said they have done studies about older Americans watching comedy, and how good that is for their attitudes. Well every commercial is directed to old people. Medicare contract suppliers, life insurance with no physical exam, and more life insurance. I am now watching old Johnny Carson shows and I have to say I am giggling so much more than watching the crap on late night tv and the series filled with violence. This has been fun and one of the better consequences to being bed ridden.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:My wife said they have done studies about older Americans watching comedy, and how good that is for their attitudes.  Well every commercial is directed to old people.  Medicare contract suppliers, life insurance with no physical exam, and more life insurance.   I am now watching old Johnny Carson shows and I have to say I am giggling so much more than watching the crap on late night tv and the series filled with violence.   This has been fun and one of the better consequences to being bed ridden.

Never really took to Carson. Steve Allen and Jack Parr were tops. Jerry Lester was okay but mostly because of Dagmar.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:My wife said they have done studies about older Americans watching comedy, and how good that is for their attitudes.  Well every commercial is directed to old people.  Medicare contract suppliers, life insurance with no physical exam, and more life insurance.   I am now watching old Johnny Carson shows and I have to say I am giggling so much more than watching the crap on late night tv and the series filled with violence.   This has been fun and one of the better consequences to being bed ridden.
Loved Carson....interesting guests. The late night guest now are actors plugging a new gig.

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
Loved Carson....interesting guests. The late night guest now are actors plugging a new gig.

Funny you mention that. Just watched a sketch on Carson's summer show and he introduced Jim Arness who plugged his upcoming western series, Gunsmoke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum