Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The new Trump era business model...

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

del.capslock

del.capslock

My guess is that this is really going to blow up in United's collective corporate face.

Pity.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2017/04/10/video-shows-man-forcibly-removed-united-flight-chicago-louisville/100274374/

It's all over the media, of course, so there's plenty of links to choose from with a bit of googling.

The notoriously crooked Chicago PD put out a statement in support of the security officers officers actions that can only be described as obscene. Unfortunately I can't find it, I think it's been "de-posted". Perhaps someone with more up-to-date skills than I can find it.

Anyone? Anyone? Telstar? Anyone?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

All I see is a comma splice....

PkrBum

PkrBum

Inexplicable... he was a Dr with obligations. If the airline wanted seats for their employees then they should've kept raising the asking price. Dragging the man off of the plane isn't a reasonable act.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Anti up...someone would have taken the prize.

Telstar

Telstar

del.capslock wrote:My guess is that this is really going to blow up in United's collective corporate face.

Pity.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2017/04/10/video-shows-man-forcibly-removed-united-flight-chicago-louisville/100274374/

It's all over the media, of course, so there's plenty of links to choose from with a bit of googling.

The notoriously crooked Chicago PD put out a statement in support of the security officers officers actions that can only be described as obscene. Unfortunately I can't find it, I think it's been "de-posted". Perhaps someone with more up-to-date skills than I can find it.

Anyone? Anyone? Telstar? Anyone?

Is this what you mean?

del.capslock

del.capslock

Is this what you mean?

[/quote]

No, even I could find that!

I found what I was looking for anyway. The LA Times article cleared it up.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-united-video-20170410-story.html

Telstar

Telstar

Maybe somebody at United wondered how they could get more attention than Pepsi did this week.

‘Just kill me’: Disturbing new video shows removed United passenger with his face covered in blood

Yet another video has emerged of the man who was violently dragged off a United Airlines flight on Sunday, and it shows that the passenger’s face was covered in his own blood.

The video shows the man leaning up against the doorway between first-class and economy seating, while he repeatedly says, “Just kill me” and “I have to go home.”

Earlier videos of the man being dragged off the United flight, which was scheduled to go from Chicago to Louisville on Sunday night, sparked widespread outrage.

The man was originally asked to leave the airplane because United had overbooked his flight. The man refused, and he claimed that he was a doctor who needed to make the flight to see some patients at his hospital the next day.

After he refused to leave, security officers grabbed him and dragged him off the plane, to the horror of several passengers.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/just-kill-me-disturbing-new-video-shows-removed-united-passenger-with-his-face-covered-in-blood/

Telstar

Telstar

The new Trump era business model... We_bea10

A fine example of government thugs doing corporates dirty work! Mad

$20k per seat would have been less costly.

del.capslock

del.capslock

The worst thing is that United wanted to bounce the guy so they could seat their own employees.

The incident has caused international outrage. The Chinese are especially pissed. Who can blame them.

As far as the cop behavior being "inexplicable", HA! It's perfectly explicable. American cops are incapable of acting otherwise. It's always "overwhelming force", no matter what the circumstances. They're too stupid to understand that some circumstances call for de-escalation and disengagement to be successfully resolved.

Most cops are insecure bullies with such fragile egos that failure to immediately follow their instructions is taken as a personal attack. And as soon as someone calls them on it they start bleeting about how stressful the job is. They're all crybabies and moral cowards.

What's worse is that the most egregiously bad ones are allowed to hide behind the blue wall. A case-in-point is the Pensacola cop who tased a kid on a bike, ran over him and then THREW DOWN A GUN so he could claim justifiable use of force. HE'S STILL ON THE PPD! Shameful.

And then there's this disgraceful piece-of-shit:

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/08/06/angel-of-death-psychologist-getting-rich-justifying-killer-cops/

And there's not one cop in the entire country with the moral fiber to stand up and say any of this is wrong.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

del.capslock wrote:The worst thing is that United wanted to bounce the guy so they could seat their own employees.

The incident has caused international outrage. The Chinese are especially pissed. Who can blame them.

As far as the cop behavior being "inexplicable", HA! It's perfectly explicable. American cops are incapable of acting otherwise. It's always "overwhelming force", no matter what the circumstances. They're too stupid to understand that some circumstances call for de-escalation and disengagement to be successfully resolved.

Most cops are insecure bullies with such fragile egos
that failure to immediately follow their instructions is taken as a personal attack. And as soon as someone calls them on it they start bleeting about how stressful the job is. They're all crybabies and moral cowards.

What's worse is that the most egregiously bad ones are allowed to hide behind the blue wall. A case-in-point is the Pensacola cop who tased (tasered would be the correct term)  a kid on a bike, ran over him and then THREW DOWN A GUN so he could claim justifiable use of force. HE'S STILL ON THE PPD! Shameful.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/08/06/angel-of-death-psychologist-getting-rich-justifying-killer-cops/

And there's not one cop in the entire country with the moral fiber to stand up and say any of this is wrong.

Do you have any data to back up your allegations? 

Can you prove your slanderous remark regarding a Pensacola officer "threw down a gun" ?

I think you are the one with ego problems.

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
del.capslock wrote:The worst thing is that United wanted to bounce the guy so they could seat their own employees.

Most cops are insecure bullies with such fragile egos
that failure to immediately follow their instructions is taken as a personal attack. And as soon as someone calls them on it they start bleeting about how stressful the job is. They're all crybabies and moral cowards.

What's worse is that the most egregiously bad ones are allowed to hide behind the blue wall. A case-in-point is the Pensacola cop who tased (tasered would be the correct term)  a kid on a bike, ran over him and then THREW DOWN A GUN so he could claim justifiable use of force. HE'S STILL ON THE PPD! Shameful.

Do you have any data to back up your allegations? 

Can you prove your slanderous remark regarding a Pensacola officer "threw down a gun" ?

I think you are the one with ego problems.

Now you've done it del. You will face the wrath of the author of the longest running thread in PNJ history, Mug Shit. Detective Maroni wants facts and just the facts only.

Telstar

Telstar

del.capslock

del.capslock

Telstar wrote:

Now you've done it del. You will face the wrath of the author of the longest running thread in PNJ history, Mug Shit. Detective Maroni wants facts and just the facts only.

Oh, please. You can find her type in any cop bar in the country. Even cops call 'em copsuckers. They're nothing more than pathetic groupies of the same stripe that follow rock bands back to their motels and shuck their knickers as soon as they get in the door--the cop equivalent of plaster-casters.

Real cops have no respect for them and laugh at 'em in private. They're more to be pitied than scorned.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Oh, please. You can find her type in any cop bar in the country. Even cops call 'em copsuckers. They're nothing more than pathetic groupies of the same stripe that follow rock bands back to their motels and shuck their knickers as soon as they get in the door--the cop equivalent of plaster-casters.

Real cops have no respect for them and laugh at 'em in private. They're more to be pitied than scorned.

You are really sick, up your meds and get back to your shrink. When was the last time you were committed?

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote:

You are really sick, up your meds and get back to your shrink. When was the last time you were committed?

Hitting the Corona early I see. drunken

del.capslock

del.capslock

Telstar wrote:

No worries. This'll sober her up: http://www.cynthiaplastercaster.com/

2seaoat

We had an indirect flight from Chicago to Greensborogh to Baltimore. Our connecting flight was to take off at 9pm, and we had a rental car in Baltimore and a room reservation. We were going to leave for Gettysburg with the kids the next morning after breakfast.

They told us the flight to Baltimore was overbooked. They offered a free roundtrip ticket to anywhere in the United States that Eastern flew if we would take the 7am flight the next day. They would pay our hotel and breakfast. We took the offer, but they still could not get the other four so they raised the reward to two round trip tickets, and four other passengers took the offer. When they went to give us our four round trip tickets, the flight attendant said she was going to give us two tickets per person also, and we ended up with 8 roundtrip tickets, a hotel room, breakfast, and shuttles to and from the airport.

We ate our breakfast, they shuttled us to the airport, and we arrived in Baltimore about 9am, by the time we got the rental car we were leaving only one hour later than we planned for Gettysburg. We took a trip to California for ten days with the tickets, and we took a trip to Miami where we snorkeled in the Keys for a week. It was a couple of thousand dollars of freebies, and in this situation to offer 800 bucks was nothing. What a terrible business decision. Oh the best part, we got bumped again on the trip and got four more free tickets anywhere on a domestic flight. This time it was only four, but the kids got piszed because my wife and I used the tickets twice to go to Vegas and they were mad because we used their tickets......they forgot who paid for the original tickets.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:We had an indirect flight from Chicago to Greensborogh to Baltimore.  Our connecting flight was to take off at 9pm, and we had a rental car in Baltimore and a room reservation.  We were going to leave for Gettysburg with the kids the next morning after breakfast.

They told us the flight to Baltimore was overbooked.   They offered a free roundtrip ticket to anywhere in the United States that Eastern flew if we would take the 7am flight the next day.   They would pay our hotel and breakfast.  We took the offer, but they still could not get the other four so they raised the reward to two round trip tickets, and four other passengers took the offer.  When they went to give us our four round trip tickets, the flight attendant said she was going to give us two tickets per person also, and we ended up with 8 roundtrip tickets, a hotel room, breakfast, and shuttles to and from the airport.

We ate our breakfast, they shuttled us to the airport, and we arrived in Baltimore about 9am, by the time we got the rental car we were leaving only one hour later than we planned for Gettysburg.  We took a trip to California for ten days with the tickets, and we took a trip to Miami where we snorkeled in the Keys for a week.  It was a couple of thousand dollars of freebies, and in this situation to offer 800 bucks was nothing.   What a terrible business decision.  Oh the best part, we got bumped again on the trip and got four more free tickets anywhere on a domestic flight.  This time it was only four, but the kids got piszed because my wife and I used the tickets twice to go to Vegas and they were mad because we used their tickets......they forgot who paid for the original tickets.
All they have to do is up the anti....

Telstar

Telstar

del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote:

No worries. This'll sober her up: http://www.cynthiaplastercaster.com/

lol! lol! lol!

2seaoat

All they have to do is up the anti....

I cannot wait until the lawsuit and the plaintiff's counsel asks the CEO how much does it cost to cancel a flight because a crew was not able to get to the flight. My guess that it would be tens of thousands of dollars, so the business decision was to avoid the loss by strong arming a passenger who had a contractual right to be on the plane. The Jury award is going to be huge. Maybe United can do a better job at settling lawsuits than paying a few dollars more to get folks to leave the plane. I do not understand why they do not give round trip tickets anymore. They fill empty space and surely would cost less than 800 bucks. Incredibly short sighted business decisions.

Telstar

Telstar

From the files of the longest running thread in PNJ history...

The new Trump era business model... J_oani13

2seaoat

My wife just told me that there was a 51 page terms and conditions that a passenger agrees to when they purchase a ticket. In that document, it gives the airline the right to ask a passenger to leave a flight if nobody has taken the offers made by the airline. Well, I think they are going to learn that their exculpatory language will not hold up in court buried in a 51 page document. Airlines are the last vestige of a class driven society where they actually set aside a "first class" area of a plane.

Telstar

Telstar

Meanwhile in Colorado yesterday...

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:My wife just told me that there was a 51 page terms and conditions that a passenger agrees to when they purchase a ticket.  In that document, it gives the airline the right to ask a passenger to leave a flight if nobody has taken the offers made by the airline.   Well, I think they are going to learn that their exculpatory language will not hold up in court buried in a 51 page document.  Airlines are the last vestige of a class driven society where they actually set aside a "first class" area of a plane.
The fine print.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum