Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carrier to lay off 300 jobs...

+2
del.capslock
PkrBum
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Carrier to lay off 300 jobs... Empty Carrier to lay off 300 jobs... 3/29/2017, 8:14 am

All this "winning"  I don't know if I can stand it! Crying or Very sad

snippet>
The Local 1999 also represents workers at Carrier Corp.’s furnace factory about a mile from the Rexnord plant. In November, Trump did manage to strike a deal with Carrier’s parent company, United Technologies, to make the company cancel its plan to close the Carrier plant. Hundreds of Carrier workers will still be laid off later this year.

Full story...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rexnord-layoffs-trump_us_58da9011e4b0d41721b987e8?

PkrBum

PkrBum

Technology and the natural shift to renewables will happen naturally.

There's no need to freak out.

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:Technology and the natural shift to renewables will happen naturally.

WTF? MORE incoherence from the right?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Vikingwoman

It will take a little time but you will see Pkr. is a moron.

PkrBum wrote:Technology and the natural shift to renewables will happen naturally.

There's no need to freak out.

I'm not freaking out. The 300 are. Those jobs are going to Mexico.

Ya know that country with that YUGE wall between us and them.

2seaoat

The Borg Warner plant I worked with in the early seventies moved to Mexico. Carrier was one of their biggest customers. The Mexican worker is highly intelligent and hard working. When I lived in Mexico, I got to know some executives of International Harvester who were running a tractor factory in Mexico, in the early seventies, and they were kicking asz compared to production in America. It took them about five years to get the quality, but once trained, they really were quite productive. I have worked in factories. I have put metalworking parts in grinders and hones hour after hour of repetitive motion and very little discretion. Even back in the late sixties and early seventies, folks just could not adjust to the grind of manufacturing, and would quit after a couple of weeks despite incredible wages. Sadly, I think American youth are less prepared for manufacturing than they have ever been. Fortunately, manufacturing is becoming much more sophisticated and more challenging than standing and feeding a machine for hours. I was going to get transferred to KY at a Borg Warner York air conditioning plant, and it was a plant which ran away from the unions in coal mining country. I toured the plant, and toured the town, and respectfully declined the position. This was in 1977, and even then they were seeking the lowest labor rates. Best decision I ever made.

Sal

Sal

Trump's grand display of saving manufacturing jobs at Carrier was nothing but a dog and pony show.

Globalization doesn't give a shit about dog and pony shows.

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:Trump's grand display of saving manufacturing jobs at Carrier was nothing but a dog and pony show.

Globalization doesn't give a shit about dog and pony shows.

Well said Sal . . . .

PkrBum

PkrBum

Just what we need...

to transition from a national command and control govt... to a global command and control govt.

I can't wait.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Just what we need...

to transition from a national command and control govt... to a global command and control govt.

I can't wait.

A simple acknowledgement of reality elicited that dipshit comment?

You are an idiot.

2seaoat

Come July, President Trump owns the economic numbers and job creation. He is total bull chit right now, and as soon as the numbers show otherwise, I will give credit where credit is due.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sal wrote:

I can't wait.

You are an idiot.

You are a useful idiot. Not even smart enough to know that your utopia is enslavement. See: history.

13Carrier to lay off 300 jobs... Empty Re: Carrier to lay off 300 jobs... 3/29/2017, 10:20 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:

I can't wait.

You are an idiot.

You are a useful idiot. Not even smart enough to know that your utopia is enslavement. See: history.

Look.

He's doing it again.

Idiot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum