Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not enough votes -- House delays health care bill to Friday

+4
2seaoat
RealLindaL
Floridatexan
Telstar
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Telstar

Telstar

The House hopes to vote on legislation to repeal and replace Obamacare Friday morning, following a day of drama and multiple high-level, tension-filled meetings, a White House official said.

President Donald Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan have been lobbying members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus and also moderate Republicans in an attempt to reach the 216 votes they need to pass the bill.
Republicans can't lose more than 21 of their caucus and still pass the bill, since no Democrats are expected to support it. According to CNN's ongoing whip count, 26 House Republicans have said they will vote against the bill, and four more have indicated they are likely to oppose it, though negotiations were ongoing Thursday.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politics/house-health-care-vote/index.html

Telstar

Telstar

GOP Congressman From Kentucky Changes Vote From No, to HELL NO! He's afraid if this turd passes fake #45 will be a one term President. Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/03/23/rep-thomas-massie-trump-one-term-president-health-care-erin-burnett-cnntv.cnn

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Telstar wrote:GOP Congressman From Kentucky Changes Vote From No, to HELL NO! He's afraid if this turd passes fake #45 will be a one term President.  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/03/23/rep-thomas-massie-trump-one-term-president-health-care-erin-burnett-cnntv.cnn

At this rate, he may not last another month.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:At this rate, he may not last another month.  

Wishful thinking, I fear....

2seaoat

President Trump is just not experienced enough to know that you start with the infrastructure bill and add projects to those no votes. People think it is church. It is politics.......just not done very well.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Meh... it's the legislative process... the way it's designed to work.

Would you prefer it shoved down your throat like a pet pill? Or Obamacaid?

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Meh... it's the legislative process... the way it's designed to work.

Or harmful mood altering steroids? Embarassed

dumpcare

Floridatexan wrote:
Telstar wrote:GOP Congressman From Kentucky Changes Vote From No, to HELL NO! He's afraid if this turd passes fake #45 will be a one term President.  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Doesn't matter one way or another, he's a one or less termer.

dumpcare

He states, I should have started with tax reform. Well now it will be a domino effect on his plans. If by chance this thing gets through congress today (which I doubt) it's dead on arrival with senate. Next up taxes, slim chance they'll pass.

Telstar

Telstar

ppaca wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Doesn't matter one way or another, he's a one or less termer.

That depends on what Czar Putin wants.

PkrBum

PkrBum

ppaca wrote:He states, I should have started with tax reform. Well now it will be a domino effect on his plans. If by chance this thing gets through congress today (which I doubt) it's dead on arrival with senate. Next up taxes, slim chance they'll pass.

Do y'all seriously not know the legislative process? The Senate can reject and start it's own bill of they want.

2seaoat

I think the obvious is being ignored. If it was a lie that the Affordable Care Act was bad, then the rubber meets the road when the American people are adversely impacted by a so called rescue bill. The truth is the ACA was a remarkable accomplishment which need some fine tuning, but not repeal. The lie is obvious. Almost 25 million Americans will lose insurance coverage if the ACA goes away, and the objection all along was wealthy people being taxed. The truth is simple. These folks know how to obstruct.....they are doing a great

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:Meh... it's the legislative process... the way it's designed to work.

Do you know what's in it this morning? Didn't think so, just like obamacare. eh

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:
ppaca wrote:He states, I should have started with tax reform. Well now it will be a domino effect on his plans. If by chance this thing gets through congress today (which I doubt) it's dead on arrival with senate. Next up taxes, slim chance they'll pass.

Do y'all seriously not know the legislative process? The Senate can reject and start it's own bill of they want.

Yes, the senate can change or scrap and send their own bill back to congress. This is dead.

dumpcare

Just sitting here thinking this morning about health insurance when my kids were young, no such thing as preventative except for immunization's. A prudent parent would take their kids to the doctor if something was wrong. I do agree get rid of the essential health benefits and make them ala carte. Shit go back to the $500-$2000 deductible plans and then 80-20 and max out of pocket $5000. None of this co pay crap. If someone that is in good health and real wealthy and wants a $10,000 -$20,000 deductible let them have it.

Under the first scenario you go for let's say a mammogram and it's with a contracted doctor in network, even if you're deductible isn't met you're contracted price most likely is under a $100. I just picked mammorgram, could be a well child care checkup, pediatrician retail cost around $170.00 contracted probably somewhere around $50. All these contracted prices go towards your deductible. So if your deductible is met then in the pediatrician scenario you're going to pay 20% of the contracted rate of $50.00, therefore 10 bucks. This shit doesn't have to be so damn complicated if you get rid of the essential health benefits.

Before aca you could add maternity on for approx. $220 a month and pay a one time ob/gyn co pay of $35.00 and upon delivery $150.00 per day in hospital with a max of 3 days. One stipulation could not be pregnant to add the maternity rider on and you could drop it after the baby is born. A no brainer.  Make blood work (instead of free) a $25.00 co pay, still one hell of a deal.

Most applicants under aca with kids refused to get dental after the first year of open enrollment so this is really a non starter.

The problem is taking everyone with a pre x and second the essential health benefit's. When I started 20 years ago here in Florida there was a high risk pool that didn't make it, time to try it again for one's with pre x.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:

Or psychiatric meds.....some need it shoved down their throats! drunken

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Or psychiatric meds.....some need it shoved down their throats! drunken

So sorry to hear it. I guess being married to something like you causes your husband a lot of stress. Laughing

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

lol!

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:lol!

I love you Laughing

Telstar

Telstar

Not enough votes -- House delays health care bill to Friday Aaaaa10

PkrBum

PkrBum

I hope they don't resort to bribery like the dems did with Obamacaid. That's a sure sign that it's bad. As I've said before... when dems, ins and hosp corps, aarp, and big pharma all hate it... they're on the right track.

Telstar

Telstar

Not enough votes -- House delays health care bill to Friday Broken10

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:I hope they don't resort to bribery like the dems did with Obamacaid. That's a sure sign that it's bad. As I've said before... when dems, ins and hosp corps, aarp, and big pharma all hate it... they're on the right track.

Oh come on, you know they are bribing and threatening them, it's just a matter who is stronger Trump or Koch brother's.

dumpcare

Telstar wrote:Not enough votes -- House delays health care bill to Friday Aaaaa10

You do know that quite a few insurance company's offered these service's before ACA was signed don't you? Some of the state's demanded some of these mandate's for years, not the maternity I'll give you that. One insurance company allowed kids to remain on their parents policy until age 30 even before obama was elected. Here in Florida you had and still have about 53 mandates on insurance policies.

Now I do agree with a refundable tax credit that's written into this bill instead of up front will lessen the insured rate.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:
Telstar wrote:Not enough votes -- House delays health care bill to Friday Aaaaa10

You do know that quite a few insurance company's offered these service's before ACA was signed don't you? Some of the state's demanded some of these mandate's for years, not the maternity I'll give you that. One insurance company allowed kids to remain on their parents policy until age 30 even before obama was elected. Here in Florida you had and still have about 53 mandates on insurance policies.

Now I do agree with a refundable tax credit that's written into this bill instead of up front will lessen the insured rate.

Not sure about pediatric dental but yes, all the rest were covered. Federal BC/BS allowed adult coverage on the parents plan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum