Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I took a pain pill for the first time in almost a month

+2
PkrBum
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I F'd up. I will not go into the detail of how I did, because too many people on the forum have correctly told me to slow down on the physical stuff. I was foolish only a week after rather demanding surgery on my liver.

I had a hernia in 1992 and they put in Kevlar mesh, as I got piszed off at a ford tractor tilling attachment and decided to move a five hundred pound piece of equipment.....Ford tractor won......hernia surgery.....easy peasy.....years of no problem besides once in awhile a pulling in the groin when lifting heavy weights. Well, I should not be lifting more than twenty five pounds on order of the doctor on my aeorta annyurism, but I F'd up. The plug which they access my artery was very sore from the other four surgeries and before the surgery I mentioned the surgery four weeks ago seems to be where they put the kevlar mesh. I was told do not worry about that it will not interfere with the surgery......ok.

Well I have been experiencing acute pain when bending and lifting.....and intelligent people would quit bending and lifting. A stubborn person who seemed to lose his pain threshold just keeps pushing the envelope until they use the restroom and see their penis and scrotum are filled with old blood and that there has been massive bruising and acute sensitivity around the groin. My wife was not at all pleased with what she saw......(there once was a time she was mildly interested in that part of my anatomy), but it was clear that yesterday I injured myself. I cannot tell you what I did because it really exposes my risk taking which with the high hormone levels appears to be clouding my judgment. So, I have decided to listen. My wife turns 64 Thursday, and I will remain in my chair all day, and hopefully feel good enough to go out to dinner to celebrate her birthday. No work. No work. simple recline and rest. If it continues to become more painful, we will hop in the car and head back to Northwestern as I am very comfortable in the passenger seat reclined.....no big deal, but I feel like I had an orgy with the East German womens track and field team in 1980, and Hilda the hammer thrower took a special liking to me.

2seaoat

When I'm Sixty-Four
The Beatles

When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a Valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine
If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four
You'll be older too,
And if you say the word,
I could stay with you
I could be handy, mending a fuse
When your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride,
Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four
Every summer we can rent a cottage,
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear
We shall… Every summer we can rent a cottage,
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck and Dave
Send me a postcard, drop me a line
Stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, wasting away
Give me your answer, fill in a form
Mine for evermore
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm sorry buddy. This getting old shit sucks. I'm getting another steroid injection at L4-L5 tomorrow... and that's the least of my pain lately... lol. Oh well... I'm glad if this will slow you down... a little.

2seaoat

2seaoat

I'm glad if this will slow you down... a little.

When little seaoat and the boyz are involved.....it gets your attention. I have a bone met at L4, it is the twisting which gets me, but I have been lucky otherwise just stiff, and they were supposed to give me a bone enhancer because apparently the mets will lead to bone breaks and then I enter your pain levels....my wife and I had a good laugh going to different medical online forums reading about people concerned about their little seaoat and boyz after surgery.....most were prostrate cancer patients, which was deadly serious, but the things folks say when they are messed up and share about post surgery concern when looking down.........

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Oh Seaoat I am so sorry. Please take it easy. 

I have a very high pain threshold...but after my liver biopsy I had severe pain in the recovery room that shot my pressure up to180/110 and referred pain into my neck and shoulder....it was from hitting the phenic nerve and I suspect irritation to the diaphragm. The pain was severe for a short period of time. But the tenderness between my ribs still is present and  annoying at times.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:simple recline and rest.

There ya go, dumbass.

Too bad you had to step on your dick to learn something.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I'm sorry buddy. This getting old shit sucks. I'm getting another steroid injection at L4-L5 tomorrow... and that's the least of my pain lately... lol. Oh well... I'm glad if this will slow you down... a little.
Take care. Ice no heat after the injection.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'm sorry buddy. This getting old shit sucks. I'm getting another steroid injection at L4-L5 tomorrow... and that's the least of my pain lately... lol. Oh well... I'm glad if this will slow you down... a little.
Take care. Ice no heat after the injection.

Thank you... I'll do that. The last time I felt really good and over did it. I'll be more careful this time...

Probably... lol

RealLindaL

Seaoat and Pkr -- both of you take good care, please.

Sea, I almost think you might want to apologize to your wife and ask to head back to Northwestern right away.  This injury sounds serious.  I'm sure she'd understand, if not agree completely and then some.

You wouldn't consider being seen by someone locally, just in case they could help you figure out "what you did" and whether it's safe to wait?

In any event, happy birthday and many more to spring chicken Mrs. Seaoat!!

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:My wife was not at all pleased with what she saw......(there once was a time she was mildly interested in that part of my anatomy)

Laughing Thanks for the grins, even though it's not really funny. Needed a chuckle tonight, as doubtless we all do.

Goodnight all,
LL

2seaoat

You wouldn't consider being seen by someone locally,

Nope. I had neighbors scare me away from any interaction with health care facilities and when the hospital administrator went into detail I gave specific instructions to my wife if I start heading downhill, drive and if I die in Tn or KY keep driving until she got home and call the local 911 and tell them she though I was sleeping. Since we lost Bob, I have never felt stronger about the same. I feel much better this morning. I just over did it with lifting. I will have quite a story to tell in about a week, but I just cannot do until I am certain this will heal.My wife and I have had quite the laughs out of this experience as she has encouraged me to also slow down. She said she is going to get drunk on her birthday, but that will have to wait until she gets home because I am done with driving for a few days.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Then put a diaper on before you get in the car. Dying ain't a pretty thing.

2seaoat

Then put a diaper on before you get in the car. Dying ain't a pretty thing.

When I tell the story of what we did yesterday, living is not so pretty at times. We have had a septic tank repaired about four times with large bills for new sewage pumps and clean outs because Santa Rosa made us put in a huge mound. It started when Katrina hit we had just gotten an occupancy permit and I had twenty plus storm refugees living in our new house. Needless to say a lot of hygiene products were improperly flushed. About 3k in repairs and as we have not been down here to review the work we just assumed folks were being honest. We decided to be proactive and get the septic tank pumped, and pull the old pumps and replace the gray water pump and the black water pump, and prior contractors had complained about the deck which ran out to the septic tank and only gave about three and a half feet of clearance on the two pumps.

Well, we found out we were cheated. Only one pump was changed out, and the last person who did the repair used duct tape on a two inch pipe which runs from the sewage pump to the septic tank. We were never there long enough, but we smelled sewer gas. We did not think about it because from the high school to the new YMCA all you do is smell sewer gas, but when we took the sawzall to cut the existing vent pipes and pump pipe we found out they never pumped out the sewage to replace the pump, but simply put the pump on top of the sewage and never secured the lid with screws and as we had saturated the soil with bleach and pool chlorine tabs last week knowing we were going to crawl under the deck and did not want to have us sitting in contaminated soil. When we got down there it was the most disgusting job I have done in forty years.

We had to take two two by six boards and using deck boards which created a clean surface which was a mini four by four deck under the deck for us to work on pulling the pumps so the septic pumper can pump the basins and pump the tanks. Once this is done, it is simply a matter of taking a male pvc connector into the pump basin connected to the new pump and lowering it, and then some simple plumbing connections avoiding 90 degree turns, so we had to get lots of 45 and 22.5 degree connectors.

So as we sat under the deck and realized we had been charged over 3k and the gray water tank was never pumped, only one new pump had been replaced, and that they just threw the pump on top of a packed basin which just allowed waste product to spill on the ground under the deck. As my beautiful wife looked down as the two of us were working off the new clean deck we built, we realized that rubbers were everywhere.......she slowly looks up at me and says.......I am going to get drunk on my birthday honey......we were up to our neck in chit and I was hurting so bad from lifting these very heavy sewage pumps and twisting and crawling under the deck that the two of us just started laughing.....and did not stop laughing for three minutes. It was uncontrollable laughter....we would look down at the basin which was the most disgusting experience either of us had experienced in years, and just laughed our aszes off that two educated, financially comfortable people had somehow gotten themselves into this position.

The killer was the one repair was billed to us at over 2k dollars, and I use a plumbing supplier here locally where I get wholesale prices and we got a top of the line grinder sewage pump which would normally be six hundred dollars for three hundred, yet the other 1700 dollars we paid was for these robbers to simply drop the pump in the hole and not properly close the lid with screws.....and use duct tape to finish their job......all because it was hidden under the deck. Thankfully, we have used a plumber and heating and AC people recommended here, but this started as a simple plumbing job as my wife and I have changed out grinder pumps in our basement bathrooms repeated times without the disgust we faced yesterday......So little seaoat took a beating as I laid two pallets of sod two days ago, and then this.......nope.....I cannot drink, but I am thinking about getting drunk tonight.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

A lifetime of adventures.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:A lifetime of adventures.

Can't think of anyone here that applies to more.

2seaoat

We enjoyed the fish house for lunch on the outside deck to celebrate birthday girl. However, they pumped the septic and pump basins, and we installed the grinder pump in the blackwater basin and put on a backflow device, and a two inch rubber connector so the next person replacing a pump does not have to experience what we experienced. I am resting now because just going out to lunch exhausted me, as I was warned that I would be facing three to four weeks of exhaustion, but the groin is still very uncomfortable. I think I may be finished with the physical side of my life. It is not with sadness that I say the same, but you simply do not beat what I have, and the grim reaper shot a warning shot over my bow when he messed with little seaoat and the boyz, and now the total exhaustion which folks who know liver cancer completely understand is setting in.......all the people in my other thread who have passed were here with us when I started this battle with the removal of the lung, and it appears that if I make it to Thanksgiving, I will be blessed, but without the hard physical work and projects, I fear the physical decline may be quicker. Mrs. seaoat has a great attitude, and is sad occasionally, but she gets so caught up in the projects, thankfully she too avoids the reality. I am going to take a long hot shower this evening knowing that we have a new gray water pump, a clean tank, and a new hot water heater, and only one more hardwood floor to complete, a few touch ups on the porches, and it is back to the islands for the summer. Before we return, we will enjoy a week on the beach with the grandkids.....however as bad as my flushing has gotten I doubt if I will spend much time in the sun.......but watching a 5 and 8 year old play in the sand.....priceless.

RealLindaL

Do what you have to do, Sea. You're expert at rolling with the punches, and I have no doubt you'll figure it all out. Sounds as if you already have, matter of fact.

Still, July 2018 sounds better than Thanksgiving. "Think long" - you never know.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I suggest you see a doctor right away.

2seaoat

I suggest you see a doctor right away.

I will when it gets bad.......I can tolerate it. When they radiate the liver you suffer weakness for three week plus, but the groin is simply a matter of rest and healing. Yep, I did too much. I slept most of today after we worked on the septic pump replacements and going out to lunch. If it gets real bad it is just a 15 hour drive to Northwestern, but to what end. I have a lifetime of injury and pain, and this is just a warning to slow down. A little old blood and bruising slows you down, and its not like little seaoat needs a workout right now....we both can rest and hopefully get better. I feel that it may be adhesions from the prior surgeries which in doing too much I probably tore some of the scar tissue, or the old hernia was torn a bit in its compromised state.....neither of which is life threatening, but I will monitor to make sure I do not add to my problems.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum