Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WTF is Nazi boy doing now?

+2
Telstar
dumpcare
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 1:04 pm

dumpcare

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-gives-bannon-nsc-role/ar-AAmmAGL?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U348DHP

Limits joint chiefs of staff?

In one of three executive actions Saturday, President Trump reshuffled the National Security Council to include his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, and limited the roles of the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The memorandum makes the chief strategist a regular attendee of the principals committee, the Cabinet-level interagency forum that deals with policy issues affecting national security. For Bannon, the Washington outsider who ran the conservative website Breitbart News, it's another area of federal government in which he will have influence.

The Trump strategist is already considered a controversial choice for chief strategist because of Breitbart News's tendency to cater to white nationalists and previous comments he's made (i.e. "turn on the hate").

The memo also stated that the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Join Chiefs of Staff will attend the principals committee meetings when issues related to their responsibilities are needed. According to The Hill, both officials have been regular attendees to principals committee meetings.

You can read the full memo here

Did you just get a woody little markle?

2WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 3:56 pm

Telstar

Telstar

ppaca wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-gives-bannon-nsc-role/ar-AAmmAGL?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U348DHP

In one of three executive actions Saturday, President Trump reshuffled the National Security Council to include his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, and limited the roles of the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The memorandum makes the chief strategist a regular attendee of the principals committee, the Cabinet-level interagency forum that deals with policy issues affecting national security. For Bannon, the Washington outsider who ran the conservative website Breitbart News, it's another area of federal government in which he will have influence.

The Trump strategist is already considered a controversial choice for chief strategist because of Breitbart News's tendency to cater to white nationalists and previous comments he's made (i.e. "turn on the hate").

The memo also stated that the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Join Chiefs of Staff will attend the principals committee meetings when issues related to their responsibilities are needed. According to The Hill, both officials have been regular attendees to principals committee meetings.

WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Trump-17

3WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 4:35 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ppaca wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-gives-bannon-nsc-role/ar-AAmmAGL?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U348DHP

With all of the radical choices being made by this brand new inexperienced group it is difficult to point to the very poorest choice although this one has got to be in the top ten.

With virtually no understanding of international relations or history for that matter the president chooses to turn for advice to his right wing white nationalist crony who wants to blow up the establishment.

At a time when he needs all the advice he can get he turns away the two people who no doubt have some valuable insights. What could possibly go wrong?

4WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 4:42 pm

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:
With all of the radical choices being made by this brand new inexperienced group it is difficult to point to the very poorest choice although this one has got to be in the top ten.

With virtually no understanding of international relations or history for that matter the president chooses to turn for advice to his right wing white nationalist crony who wants to blow up the establishment.

At a time when he needs all the advice he can get he turns away the two people who no doubt have some valuable insights. What could possibly go wrong?

What indeed, othershoe? This infatuation with Bannon is getting out of hand and very dangerous, IMHO.

5WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 5:15 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

What indeed, othershoe?   This infatuation with Bannon is getting out of hand and very dangerous, IMHO.

Didn't Bannon say that Jews raise their kids to be whiny brats and he didn't want his girls going to school with Jews? Perhaps Jared Kushner needs to have a long talk with big daddy Trump.

6WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 6:07 pm

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:Didn't Bannon say that Jews raise their kids to be whiny brats and he didn't want his girls going to school with Jews? Perhaps Jared Kushner needs to have a long talk with big daddy Trump.

Yes, Bannon is a known bigot. The Jared situation in this regard has been a complete mystery to me from the beginning, and, though I admit it's nothing but pure speculation, since he and Trump appear to get along so well the only conclusion I seem to be able to draw is that Jared's heritage and religion mean far, far less to him than his relationship with his rich and powerful father-in-law. In other words, I seriously doubt Kushner is making much noise if any about Bannon.

7WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 6:09 pm

dumpcare

It appears more and more Bannon is pulling the strings and Trump is just following his order's.

8WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 6:16 pm

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:It appears more and more Bannon is pulling the strings and Trump is just following his order's.

Just said the same thing about an hour ago to my husband, ppaca - that it sure seems Bannon is leading Trump around by the short and curlies. (Sorry, but that's exactly what I said.)

9WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 6:20 pm

dumpcare

No problem. Trump is not running the country because he doesn't know how and refused to listen to people that did because of his swamp thingy. He surrounded himself other than Mattis with people who will run it for him and make him think they are yes men.

I just hope the GOP realize this before it's too late.

10WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 6:25 pm

Telstar

Telstar

ppaca wrote:No problem. Trump is not running the country because he doesn't know how and refused to listen to people that did because of his swamp thingy. He surrounded himself other than Mattis with people who will run it for him and make him think they are yes men.

I just hope the GOP realize this before it's too late.

Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud, hatch out.  Twisted Evil

11WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 6:51 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:Didn't Bannon say that Jews raise their kids to be whiny brats and he didn't want his girls going to school with Jews? Perhaps Jared Kushner needs to have a long talk with big daddy Trump.

Yes, Bannon is a known bigot.  The Jared situation in this regard has been a complete mystery to me from the beginning, and, though I admit it's nothing  but pure speculation, since he and Trump appear to get along so well the only conclusion I seem to be able to draw is that Jared's heritage and religion mean far, far less to him than his relationship with his rich and powerful father-in-law.  In other words, I seriously doubt Kushner is making much noise if any about Bannon.

An Open Letter to Jared Kushner from your NYU lawschool classmates. 

Dear Jared,

We, your classmates from NYU School of Law’s Class of 2007, have serious concerns regarding Mr. Trump’s stated priorities and policy proposals. We have never known you to be anything less than intelligent and thoughtful. You have donated incredibly generously to the Law School that nurtured and educated us all.
We appeal to you, the grandchild of Holocaust survivors, to use your deep sense of compassion to influence the Trump Administration in a positive way. Tens of thousands of Syrian children — children no different than your grandmother, whose lives have been marred by a war they did not choose — rely on your sense of compassion. Undocumented persons who contribute mightily to the wealth and fabric of our great nation rely on your sense of compassion. Women and the LGBTQ community, groups which are understandably fearful given Mr. Pence’s abysmal record on reproductive justice and anti-discrimination laws, rely on your sense of compassion. People of color, vexed by the alt-right’s enthusiastic embrace of Mr. Trump’s candidacy, rely on your sense of compassion. The national parks, forests, and monuments, priceless treasures of our Republic — they cannot speak, but they, too, need a compassionate advocate in the White House.

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/29/an-open-letter-to-jared-kushner-from-your-nyu-law-school-classmates/

12WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 7:09 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Is the US their only option.....no!

13WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 7:45 pm

dumpcare

I have no problem with Jared Kushner and they can to to other country's (wonder why they don't). I just don't believe Trump or is son-in-law is having much say so.

Read an article a couple days ago that congress is just waiting to put Pence in that position, so I wish Trump would get it together and not listen to his handler's and make decision's from recommendation's from General's and Mattis and Sec of State if he ever get's confirmed. We don't need Pence as Pres. I believe the General's know this is adding fuel to the fire. Now Iraq says it may ban anyone from here arriving, that would certainly hinder fighting against ISIS.

14WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 8:06 pm

Telstar

Telstar

ppaca wrote:I have no problem with Jared Kushner and they can to to other country's (wonder why they don't). I just don't believe Trump or is son-in-law is having much say so.

Read an article a couple days ago that congress is just waiting to put Pence in that position, so I wish Trump would get it together and not listen to his handler's and make decision's from recommendation's from General's and Mattis and Sec of State if he ever get's confirmed. We don't need Pence as Pres. I believe the General's know this is adding fuel to the fire. Now Iraq says it may ban anyone from here arriving, that would certainly hinder fighting against ISIS.

I have no problem with Jared. Bannon might if Jared and Ivanka's kids go to the same school as his girls do. Bannon seems to have a problem about Jews raising their kids to be whiny brats.

15WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 8:10 pm

Markle

Markle

WTF is Nazi boy doing now? LOL_zpsrc5py0ql

LOTS of whining and hand-wringing but no FACTS on how more open meetings with the opinion of the White House being expressed is a bad thing. Go figure.

16WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/29/2017, 9:16 pm

RealLindaL

Would someone like to correct my reading of the following excerpt from the linked MSN article?  The way I see it, the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs are to stay out of NSC principals committee meetings unless specific "issues related to their responsibilities are needed."  So, even though those two officials have apparently always in the past attended the principals committee meetings, they are now not invited unless there's a specific issue they're involved in.  

So it sure looks to me as if the meetings are being closed off to important officials (and watched over by Bannon) rather than being opened up.   And I don't see how that's a good thing.   Just the opposite, in fact.

(Of course we could get Kellyanne to interpret the excerpt in some other way, since she always knows exactly what people really mean, even when they say something completely different from her asserted interpretation.)

"The memo also stated that the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will attend the principals committee meetings when issues related to their responsibilities are needed. According to The Hill, both officials have been regular attendees to principals committee meetings."

Last edited by RealLindaL on 1/30/2017, 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

17WTF is Nazi boy doing now? Empty Re: WTF is Nazi boy doing now? 1/30/2017, 3:21 am

RealLindaL

RealLindaL wrote:Would someone like to correct my reading of the following excerpt from the linked MSN article?  The way I see it, the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs are to stay out of NSC principals committee meetings unless specific "issues related to their responsibilities are needed."  So, even though those two officials have apparently always in the past attended the principals committee meetings, they are now not invited unless there's a specific issue they're involved in.  

So it sure looks to me as if the meetings are being closed off to important officials (and watched over by Bannon) rather than being opened up.   And I don't see how that's a good thing.   Just the opposite, in fact.

(Of course we could get Kellyanne to interpret the excerpt in some other way, since she always knows exactly what people really mean, even when they say something completely different from her asserted interpretation.)

"The memo also stated that the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will attend the principals committee meetings when issues related to their responsibilities are needed. According to The Hill, both officials have been regular attendees to principals committee meetings."

Anyone???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum