Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

American Steel unlikely to get Keystone boost despite Trump order

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This order that the steel be U.S. steel is not much more than a gesture, propaganda? Alternate Facts? I wonder if this will come out in the MSM?

When U.S. President Donald Trump signed orders to revive two controversial energy pipeline projects this week, he pledged to require new pipelines to use American-made steel, a gesture to workers in the hard-hit industry who helped propel him to power.

But U.S. steelmakers will receive negligible benefit from the multi-billion dollar Keystone XL project, one of the two projects Trump ordered to proceed, because they have limited ability to meet the stringent materials requirements for the TransCanada line.

Economists said Trump's order has many loopholes to enforcement and could violate international trade law.
The profits for manufacturing that steel were booked by companies with corporate headquarters in Russia, India and Italy. Those companies own the steel mills in the United States that made about half of the pipeline for the $8 billion project.

Much of that steel has sat exposed to the elements in several giant stockyards along the pipeline's route for more than two years. Analysts said some of it will need to be replaced.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-pipeline-transcanada-idUSKBN15B2G5
But that is unlikely to come from U.S. producers, such as U.S. Steel, AK Steel or Steel Dynamics, analysts and traders said, because of the specialized steel required for the big-ticket project.

Markle

Markle

Thank you for so vividly displaying why the Democrats/Progressives are failing so massively for the past eight years!

In your, and their opinion, it is far, far better to NOT TRY to use American products.

Just imagine if JFK, President Reagan, Bill Gates and others had chosen to not push themselves toward greatness?

2seaoat

It is great to promote American products. Nobody is against American products being required in projects, but the truth is the pipe is sitting on the ground and already purchased. You do not start a pipeline without your pipe, but I am all for American products, just want a wee bit truth of the scope and impact of policy on the same.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:It is great to promote American products.  Nobody is against American products being required in projects, but the truth is the pipe is sitting on the ground and already purchased.  You do not start a pipeline without your pipe, but I am all for American products, just want a wee bit truth of the scope and impact of policy on the same.

My point is still valid. But thanks for another salad.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

As early as the 1970s, American energy companies favored Japanese steel pipes over U.S. ones because of the quality of the steel. My father worked for ARCO for 30 years (ARCO was bought by BP in 1992 or so), and he related this to me in a conversation decades ago.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:As early as the 1970s, American energy companies favored Japanese steel pipes over U.S. ones because of the quality of the steel. My father worked for ARCO for 30 years (ARCO was bought by BP in 1992 or so), and he related this to me in a conversation decades ago.

Japanese steel, cheaper and higher quality.

See destruction of American steel by steel unions.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

For whatever reason there will likely be zero or few pounds of U.S. steel used on the pipeline regardless of what the Donald has proclaimed. Once again he talks big and is either uninformed or chooses to try and manipulate his duped followers into thinking he is concerned about the hard working American steel workers. He gets a moment of adulation, which he apparently can never get enough of, and the workers once again get the short end of the stick. Par for the course. Bottom line is, wait for it, very little American steel is going into the pipeline. That's the truth regardless of Presidential proclamations to the contrary.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:For whatever reason there will likely be zero or few pounds of U.S. steel used on the pipeline regardless of what the Donald has proclaimed. Once again he talks big and is either uninformed or chooses to try and manipulate his duped followers into thinking he is concerned about the hard working American steel workers. He gets a moment of adulation, which he apparently can never get enough of, and the workers once again get the short end of the stick. Par for the course. Bottom line is, wait for it, very little American steel is going into the pipeline. That's the truth regardless of Presidential proclamations to the contrary.

I repeat for your benefit.

Thank you for so vividly displaying why the Democrats/Progressives are failing so massively for the past eight years!

In your, and their opinion, it is far, far better to NOT TRY to use American products.

Just imagine if JFK, President Reagan, Bill Gates and others had chosen to not push themselves toward greatness?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum