Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cataract surgery

+3
RealLindaL
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/21/2017, 2:47 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Worst thing about it is the early am next day follow up appointment.

Maybe with your doc. Doesn't have to be. Hubby's and my next day appointments were afternoon. Just looked at last year's calendar and my second eye follow-up in June was at 3:45 p.m. with Dr. Day.

27Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/21/2017, 2:56 am

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
ppaca wrote:Linda how long ago did you have your's done?

Second eye (they do them at least two weeks apart) was early June '16.   Why do you ask (curious)?

LOL re your wife tying you down for drops.  Just do the little "pouch" thing with your lower lid and it'll be a piece of cake.   Smile

I asked about your timing because it was considered out patient, recently called know before you go ask (but not about Andrews) and they told me N Florida surgery center my payment would be around $287.00 and nothing to the doc. I imagine it has gone up some since it is now 2017.

Ppaca I could try to go back and look at EOB's if you want, see what the co-insurance was at Andrews last June. Hard to remember the breakdown because the whopping total I actually paid Andrews included the premium lenses, but what you're saying sounds roughly about right per eye for the surgery portion and yes, nothing for the doc nor anesthesiologist nor for the first follow-up office visit. This was Blue Medicare Regional PPO.

28Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/21/2017, 2:50 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wishing you the best with this, PPCA.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

29Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/21/2017, 4:07 pm

dumpcare

RealLindaL wrote:
ppaca wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Second eye (they do them at least two weeks apart) was early June '16.   Why do you ask (curious)?

LOL re your wife tying you down for drops.  Just do the little "pouch" thing with your lower lid and it'll be a piece of cake.   Smile

I asked about your timing because it was considered out patient, recently called know before you go ask (but not about Andrews) and they told me N Florida surgery center my payment would be around $287.00 and nothing to the doc. I imagine it has gone up some since it is now 2017.

Ppaca I could try to go back and look at EOB's if you want, see what the co-insurance was at Andrews last June.  Hard to remember the breakdown because the whopping total I actually paid Andrews included the premium lenses, but what you're saying sounds roughly about right per eye for the  surgery portion and yes, nothing for the doc nor anesthesiologist nor for the first follow-up office visit.  This was Blue Medicare Regional PPO.

Yes RPPO, I forgot you had the more expensive lenses. It's probably gone up some since it's a new contract year, but that is fine.

30Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/21/2017, 4:08 pm

dumpcare

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Wishing you the best with this, PPCA.

Thanks Z

31Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/21/2017, 4:44 pm

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
ppaca wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Ppaca I could try to go back and look at EOB's if you want, see what the co-insurance was at Andrews last June.  Hard to remember the breakdown because the whopping total I actually paid Andrews included the premium lenses, but what you're saying sounds roughly about right per eye for the  surgery portion and yes, nothing for the doc nor anesthesiologist nor for the first follow-up office visit.  This was Blue Medicare Regional PPO.

Yes RPPO, I forgot you had the more expensive lenses. It's probably gone up some since it's a new contract year, but that is fine.

OK, ppaca, when you say "yes" I presume yes, you do wish to know what my co-insurance was at Andrews in 06/16, not including the special lenses.   I just looked it up and it was $265.31 per eye.  I was told at the time that this was based on 30% of the Medicare allowable cost for the base surgical procedure, which INCLUDES the cost of standard lenses -- so that's roughly all you should have to pay, other than any 2017 increase.   Yes, I did ask Andrews why they didn't back out the cost of the standard lenses included in that amount before billing me, but they said the "whole procedure" is billed (coded) that way as a lump, with any upgraded lenses additional. Not really fair, but there you are, what else is new?

32Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/21/2017, 5:27 pm

I had hopes that this year would be kinder to us. Hang in there everybody... I need someone to argue with... lol.

33Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/21/2017, 6:44 pm

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:I had hopes that this year would be kinder to us. Hang in there everybody... I need someone to argue with... lol.

Well, cataract surgery never stopped anyone from arguing, at least not that I know of. Smile

34Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/21/2017, 6:53 pm

dumpcare

RealLindaL wrote:
ppaca wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
ppaca wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

OK, ppaca, when you say "yes" I presume yes, you do wish to know what my co-insurance was at Andrews in 06/16, not including the special lenses.   I just looked it up and it was $265.31 per eye.  I was told at the time that this was based on 30% of the Medicare allowable cost for the base surgical procedure, which INCLUDES the cost of standard lenses -- so that's roughly all you should have to pay, other than any 2017 increase.   Yes, I did ask Andrews why they didn't back out the cost of the standard lenses included in that amount before billing me, but they said the "whole procedure" is billed (coded) that way as a lump, with any upgraded lenses additional. Not really fair, but there you are, what else is new?

I really thought it would have been a little more since N Florida surgery was quoted at 287.00. The cost was for the surgery center, I guess they must have to include the lenses in so they can pay the doc.

Yes I am on the regional PPO and I basically knew what the cost would be just wanted to see if Andrews came in around everyone else and that's good. Thank you.

35Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/21/2017, 6:54 pm

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:I had hopes that this year would be kinder to us. Hang in there everybody... I need someone to argue with... lol.

If the gorilla glue works on the parts falling off I'll be around.

36Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 1/22/2017, 2:50 am

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:
Yes I am on the regional PPO and I basically knew what the cost would be just wanted to see if Andrews came in around everyone else and that's good.  Thank you.

You're very welcome.  You are so helpful to everyone here it's a privilege to be able to return assistance in any way.

37Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 2/2/2017, 6:54 pm

RealLindaL

Ppaca, how's it going with the plans for cataract surgery? We just found out the other day that Mills' optometrist, Dr. Suzanne Day, has left. Don't know why or where she went. Presumably they're looking for another D.O. but as of last week didn't have one. This could make your follow-up appointments kind of inconvenient, unless you use your own eye doc (didn't you say Rifai?) as Dr. Mills himself isn't in the Gulf Breeze office very often, as you've likely already learned, and the Pensacola office is kind of a pain, being on University Blvd. near West Florida. We still think it's worth it to deal with his straight shooting, capable self, but hope you won't be inconvenienced.

38Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 2/2/2017, 6:59 pm

dumpcare

Mills must be a busy guy, they just called me yesterday for a consultation with him for last week of Feb, then I suppose it will be a month or two afterwards for first eye. Rifai said he would be the one seeing me the day after. Thanks for asking.

Off subject, Rifai went to Medical school in Aleppo. Been here for many years.

39Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 2/2/2017, 7:12 pm

dumpcare

Well I just received today's mail and the message on my phone was Feb 20th gulf breeze and a letter from Rifai's office says March 1 at Baptist 9 mile. I'll have to call.

40Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 2/2/2017, 7:34 pm

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:Well I just received today's mail and the message on my phone was Feb 20th gulf breeze and a letter from Rifai's office says March 1 at Baptist 9 mile. I'll have to call.

Baptist 9 Mile??? To my knowledge Mills' only offices are Gulf Breeze, Crestview, and University Bvd. Let me know what you find out, please.

41Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 2/2/2017, 8:26 pm

dumpcare

RealLindaL wrote:
ppaca wrote:Well I just received today's mail and the message on my phone was Feb 20th gulf breeze and a letter from Rifai's office says March 1 at Baptist 9 mile. I'll have to call.

Baptist 9 Mile???  To my knowledge Mills' only offices are Gulf Breeze, Crestview, and University Bvd.   Let me know what you find out, please.

Yea, I was wrong about Baptist on University. The letter says University in red brick building before Target. I thought they meant the baptist facility up a little ways.

42Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 2/3/2017, 2:33 am

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:Yea, I was wrong about Baptist on University. The letter says University in red brick building before Target. I thought they meant the baptist facility up a little ways.

Thanks for clarifying.  Still, I hope you get 2/20 in Gulf Breeze.  
Bet Dr. Mills would love to hear there's a patient of his raving about him on the online discussion forum you participate in.    Smile

43Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 2/5/2017, 12:50 pm

Hallmarkgard

I hate "drops" But I do 3 types twice a day. It gets better as time goes on. Google up the best method to do eye drops. I used a kitchen timer being a do 3 different types. Basically you hold you head bad, apply drops, then I pinch my nose at the corner of my eyes to stop the drop from running out my tear ducts, lower my head set the timer and wait 3 to 5 mins. Sounds like a lot of trouble but so far it has worked for me for the last 3 years. Check out around the 2 min mark Hope this helps

44Cataract surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataract surgery 2/5/2017, 4:03 pm

dumpcare

Thanks Hallmark I will visit this again after my appointment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum