Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Corrective eye surgery

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Corrective eye surgery Empty Corrective eye surgery 8/26/2014, 4:35 pm

Has anyone been through corrective eye surgery? Contemplating and I wonder if you have recommendations for a clinic here on the Gulf coast or warnings of places to avoid.

Thanks in advance for your input.

2Corrective eye surgery Empty Re: Corrective eye surgery 8/26/2014, 5:38 pm

I haven't... but my sister did. It perfectly corrected her vision... and now five years later she needs reading glasses.

I guess a suggestion would be to determine whether your vision is relatively stable.

3Corrective eye surgery Empty Re: Corrective eye surgery 8/26/2014, 6:38 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My FIL spent a wad on LASICS and within 2 years he needed glasses again.

I didn't wear glasses until I was 42 years old. I put them on my head then, and ever since they only come off when sleeping or bathing.

When I was younger, my eyesight was off the charts. At age 35, I was still measuring 20/15 in my right-eye. I actually complained about my "poor eyesight" as my eyes deteriorated to 20/20. Now, I am blind as a bat without my glasses. More than one eye-doctor has told me poor eyesight comes with aging.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

4Corrective eye surgery Empty Re: Corrective eye surgery 8/26/2014, 7:20 pm

Yes, that's what I read and hear about still the need for reading glasses because of age, etc.

Anyone with a suggestion for a clinic/doctor??

5Corrective eye surgery Empty Re: Corrective eye surgery 8/27/2014, 5:03 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The only eye surgeon I have much familiarity with is Dr. Saul Ullman, but I think he specializes in cataract and restorative surgery. You might call him for a referral.

6Corrective eye surgery Empty Re: Corrective eye surgery 8/27/2014, 9:53 pm

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:My FIL spent a wad on LASICS and within 2 years he needed glasses again.

I didn't wear glasses until I was 42 years old. I put them on my head then, and ever since they only come off when sleeping or bathing.

When I was younger, my eyesight was off the charts. At age 35, I was still measuring 20/15 in my right-eye. I actually complained about my "poor eyesight" as my eyes deteriorated to 20/20. Now, I am blind as a bat without my glasses. More than one eye-doctor has told me poor eyesight comes with aging.

The shape of the eye changes with age.

7Corrective eye surgery Empty Re: Corrective eye surgery 8/27/2014, 10:00 pm

Markle

Markle

Corrective Eye surgery is one of the success stories of Capitalism. Most insurance doesn't cover Lasik surgery so the Doctors have worked to bring down their prices. Most are now in special clinics where it is much like an assembly line but that's all they do. By only doing that one thing, and being very good, they can be both efficient and highly successful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum