Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump gives interview to the Times of London

+3
Markle
2seaoat
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Palin, remember when we thought she was our biggest problem??LOL Anyway Trump's responses to the reporter's questions reminded me of her. Here are a few samples. In his own words. I thought it was jaw dropping. I suggest you read a question and then read a sentence or two of the response etc. just to keep in mind what the question was. Pick one or two of your favorites to paste here! Wow.

Can you understand why eastern Europeans fear Putin and Russia?

Sure. Oh sure, I know that. I mean, I understand what’s going on, I said a long time ago — that Nato had problems. Number one it was obsolete, because it was, you know, designed many, many years ago. Number two — the countries aren’t paying what they’re supposed to pay. I took such heat, when I said Nato was obsolete. It’s obsolete because it wasn’t taking care of terror. I took a lot of heat for two days. And then they started saying Trump is right — and now — it was on the front page of The Wall Street Journal, they have a whole division devoted now to terror, which is good.

And the other thing is the countries aren’t paying their fair share so we’re supposed to protect countries but a lot of these countries aren’t paying what they’re supposed to be paying, which I think is very unfair to the United States. With that being said, Nato is very important to me.

When are you coming to the UK as president?

I look forward to doing it. My mother was very ceremonial, I think that’s where I got this aspect because my father was very brick-and-mortar, he was like, and my mother sort of had a flair, she loved the Queen, she loved anything — she was so proud of the Queen. She loved the ceremonial and the beauty, cause nobody does that like the English. And she had great respect for the Queen, liked her. Anytime the Queen was on television, an event, my mother would be watching. Crazy, right?

It’s been reported that a British former diplomat was involved in this whole thing — do you think that we, in Britain, need to look at our intelligence services?

Well, that guy is somebody that you should look at, because whatever he made up about me it was false — he was supposedly hired by the Republicans and Democrats working together — even that I don’t believe because they don’t work together, they work separately — and they don’t hire the same guy — what they got together? See the whole thing is fake news because it said the, whoever it was, intelligence, the so-called intelligence, said he’s an operative of Republicans and Democrats — they don’t work together, they don’t work together.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/full-transcript-of-interview-with-donald-trump-5d39sr09d

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Okay, let's just consider this first question and response. I say response rather than answer because other than declaring that he understands the question and possibly the history of Europe and its relationship with Russia his words ricochet off into his opinions on Nato.

To me this is just frighting. It shows his inability to organize thoughts and to focus on the question. He makes it sound as if NATO established a "terrorist" section because of his suggestion that they do so? Trump is right and the really important thing about the fear eastern European countries have of Russia is that they are not paying their fair share into NATO? What?

Can you understand why eastern Europeans fear Putin and Russia?

Sure. Oh sure, I know that. I mean, I understand what’s going on, I said a long time ago — that Nato had problems. Number one it was obsolete, because it was, you know, designed many, many years ago. Number two — the countries aren’t paying what they’re supposed to pay. I took such heat, when I said Nato was obsolete. It’s obsolete because it wasn’t taking care of terror. I took a lot of heat for two days. And then they started saying Trump is right — and now — it was on the front page of The Wall Street Journal, they have a whole division devoted now to terror, which is good.

And the other thing is the countries aren’t paying their fair share so we’re supposed to protect countries but a lot of these countries aren’t paying what they’re supposed to be paying, which I think is very unfair to the United States. With that being said, Nato is very important to me.

2seaoat

I think Trump the business man has a lifetime of experience with partnerships where somebody is not carrying their weight. Early in the primary, I felt that he was right in expressing how America is paying to defend Europeans and they cannot pull their weight. However, I am now confused as to his motives and his consistent need to make Putin and Russia out as good guys. They are not. I still think he is correct in demanding more for our partners in Europe, but to underestimate the ability of the Russian army to take territory is naive. Nato is a credible deterrent, but it should not be our pockets which are paying for most of the same.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I think Trump the business man has a lifetime of experience with partnerships where somebody is not carrying their weight.  Early in the primary, I felt that he was right in expressing how America is paying to defend Europeans and they cannot pull their weight.  However, I am now confused as to his motives and his consistent need to make Putin and Russia out as good guys.  They are not.  I still think he is correct in demanding more for our partners in Europe, but to underestimate the ability of the Russian army to take territory is naive.  Nato is a credible deterrent, but it should not be our pockets which are paying for most of the same.

Of course ideally all NATO countries should pay their fair share but my worry about how Trump looks at the situation is, as you said, like a businessman. That's fine as far as it goes but the overarching concern is that Russia will be emboldened by a weakened NATO and continue to use military action to expand westward. Trump apparently fails to see this and is focused like a businessman on the bottom line rather than the political/military aspects of the situation.

Presumably the decision has been made that in the long run the U.S. is better off footing more of the bill than is technically our responsibility because that is preferable to having Europe fall into another war.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I think Trump the business man has a lifetime of experience with partnerships where somebody is not carrying their weight.  Early in the primary, I felt that he was right in expressing how America is paying to defend Europeans and they cannot pull their weight.  However, I am now confused as to his motives and his consistent need to make Putin and Russia out as good guys.  They are not.  I still think he is correct in demanding more for our partners in Europe, but to underestimate the ability of the Russian army to take territory is naive.  Nato is a credible deterrent, but it should not be our pockets which are paying for most of the same.

Of course ideally all NATO countries should pay their fair share but my worry about how Trump looks at the situation is, as you said, like a businessman. That's fine as far as it goes but the overarching concern is that Russia will be emboldened by a weakened NATO and continue to use military action to expand westward. Trump apparently fails to see this and is focused like a businessman on the bottom line rather than the political/military aspects of the situation.

Presumably the decision has been made that in the long run the U.S. is better off footing more of the bill than is technically our responsibility because that is preferable to having Europe fall into another war.

Due to our feckless president, Russia has already been expanding their territory and are working diligently to pick Turkey off from NATO. They "peacefully" took Crimea and are gradually absorbing the Ukraine.

The world tragedy known as Syria is the sole fault of Petulant President Obama. The same person who laid down a red line in the sand and then showed his weakness and ineptitude to the entire world by turning his back on millions of innocent civilians.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Be that as it may the thread is about Trump's interview with the London Times and how he fails always and everywhere to answer the questions.

In this question he completely garbles the time line of the opposition research done first by other Republicans running against him for the nomination and then after that by some Democratic supporters. The two groups never worked together. Trump tried to use his own confusion as the explanation for why the information in the dossier could not be true.  

It’s been reported that a British former diplomat was involved in this whole thing — do you think that we, in Britain, need to look at our intelligence services?

Well, that guy is somebody that you should look at, because whatever he made up about me it was false — he was supposedly hired by the Republicans and Democrats working together — even that I don’t believe because they don’t work together, they work separately — and they don’t hire the same guy — what they got together? See the whole thing is fake news because it said the, whoever it was, intelligence, the so-called intelligence, said he’s an operative of Republicans and Democrats — they don’t work together, they don’t work together.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:Be that as it may the thread is about Trump's interview with the London Times and how he fails always and everywhere to answer the questions.

In this question he completely garbles the time line of the opposition research done first by other Republicans running against him for the nomination and then after that by some Democratic supporters. The two groups never worked together. Trump tried to use his own confusion as the explanation for why the information in the dossier could not be true.

Entirely feasible that Democrats and Republicans worked together to defeat President Donald Trump.

The elite Republicans vehemently hate Donald Trump and they shared the desire for him to be defeated with Democrats. President Trump upset the status quo in Washington, that is hated by all the elites, both Republican and Democrat.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
Entirely feasible that Democrats and Republicans worked together to defeat President Donald Trump.

The elite Republicans vehemently hate Donald Trump and they shared the desire for him to be defeated with Democrats.  President Trump upset the status quo in Washington, that is hated by all the elites, both Republican and Democrat.

Correction:  Trump is hated by all the intelligent people, both Republican and Democrat.  Has nothing to do with being "elite," just smart.

But this thread is about his seeming inability to express himself's more likely being a foxy method of muddying things up so nobody realizes he didn't answer the question.  He's obviously gotten away with that method for years, but I don't think it's going to work on the world stage.

For one thing, as was astutely pointed out tonight by a TV talking head, Trump will be speaking to lots of foreign dignitaries who may have a limited grasp of the English language as it is.   Since we native English speakers can barely follow him ourselves, foreign diplomats and heads of state likely won't be able to understand him at all, so his favorite trick may backfire and/or or cause serious misunderstandings in foreign relations.

It's a problem.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:

The elite Republicans vehemently hate Donald Trump and they shared the desire for him to be defeated with Democrats.  President Trump upset the status quo in Washington, that is hated by all the elites, both Republican and Democrat.

Correction:  Trump is hated by all the intelligent people, both Republican and Democrat.  Has nothing to do with being "elite," just smart.

But this thread is about his seeming inability to express himself's more likely being a foxy method of muddying things up so nobody realizes he didn't answer the question.  He's obviously gotten away with that method for years, but I don't think it's going to work on the world stage.

For one thing, as was astutely pointed out tonight by a TV talking head, Trump will be speaking to lots of foreign dignitaries who may have a limited grasp of the English language as it is.   Since we native English speakers can barely follow him ourselves, foreign diplomats and heads of state likely won't be able to understand him at all, so his favorite trick may backfire and/or or cause serious misunderstandings in foreign relations.

It's a problem.

We have come to the age of translators.

I understand him quite well. The Elite Republicans are the ones who hate him. He turned over the apple cart in one election.

The final poll of Petulant President Obama showed his major accomplishment was improving the issue of gays and lesbians. Given all that screwed up in the world and our country, that's sad.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Be that as it may the thread is about Trump's interview with the London Times and how he fails always and everywhere to answer the questions.

Is that why six of Trump's selected cabinet members have worked for Goldman Sachs? I'm not sure the elites, republican and democrat, are jealous of Trump's elitist connections, or what? What does come through clear as a bell, is that the likelihood of Trump raising the economic plight of the middle class, is about the same as the likelihood that Tillerson and Exxon-Mobil will become the leading proponents for the need to reduce the use of fossil fuel. Reality.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Is that why six of Trump's selected cabinet members have worked for Goldman Sachs?  I'm not sure the elites, republican and democrat, are jealous of Trump's elitist connections, or what?  What does come through clear as a bell, is that the likelihood of Trump raising the economic plight of the middle class, is about the same as the likelihood that Tillerson and Exxon-Mobil will become the leading proponents for the need to reduce the use of fossil fuel.   Reality.

You don't have a clue as to how many former Goldman Sachs employees were in the Petulant President Obama's administration, do you?

President Trump probably has the most skilled, accomplished and intelligent cabinet in history. Democrats and Progressives are living in fear that he will be highly successful and that they'll be continuing their downward death spiral.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
We have come to the age of translators.

Translated gibberish is still gibberish.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 1/19/2017, 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total

othershoe1030 wrote:

Obama's lack of inaction in places like Syria and such emboldened Putin to do what he did in Crimea and the Ukraine- yes that Ukraine where seabass said there was no war .

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Obama's lack of inaction in places like Syria and such emboldened Putin to do what he did in Crimea and the Ukraine- yes that Ukraine where seabass said there was no war .

You would have preferred we invaded Syria with a few hundred thousand troops, right? Why do you continually engage your mouth before engaging your brain?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I think Trump the business man has a lifetime of experience with partnerships where somebody is not carrying their weight. Early in the primary, I felt that he was right in expressing how America is paying to defend Europeans and they cannot pull their weight. However, I am now confused as to his motives and his consistent need to make Putin and Russia out as good guys. They are not. I still think he is correct in demanding more for our partners in Europe, but to underestimate the ability of the Russian army to take territory is naive. Nato is a credible deterrent, but it should not be our pockets which are paying for most of the same.

Obama's lack of inaction in places like Syria and such emboldened Putin to do what he did in Crimea and the Ukraine- yes that Ukraine where seabass said there was no war.

You would have preferred we invaded Syria with a few hundred thousand troops, right?
Why do you continually engage your mouth before engaging your brain?

Where did I say anything about "a few hundred thousand troops"?

We should have used our superior Air Force to bomb their airfields and air force out of existence. Something that could have been done in a matter of days. Following that, we'd have a no-fly zone which would have protected the Syrian citizens from the constant bombardment by their own leader.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Obama's lack of inaction in places like Syria and such emboldened Putin to do what he did in Crimea and the Ukraine- yes that Ukraine where seabass said there was no war.

You would have preferred we invaded Syria with a few hundred thousand troops, right?

We should have used our superior Air Force to bomb their airfields and air force out of existence.  Something that could have been done in a matter of days.  Following that, we'd have a no-fly zone which would have protected the Syrian citizens from the constant bombardment by their own leader.

Brilliant.  Syria's air forces include Russian planes and pilots.  Your strategy would place us in direct combat with a nuclear ready opponent.  A general you are not.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I think Trump the business man has a lifetime of experience with partnerships where somebody is not carrying their weight. Early in the primary, I felt that he was right in expressing how America is paying to defend Europeans and they cannot pull their weight. However, I am now confused as to his motives and his consistent need to make Putin and Russia out as good guys. They are not. I still think he is correct in demanding more for our partners in Europe, but to underestimate the ability of the Russian army to take territory is naive. Nato is a credible deterrent, but it should not be our pockets which are paying for most of the same.

We should have used our superior Air Force to bomb their airfields and air force out of existence. Something that could have been done in a matter of days. Following that, we'd have a no-fly zone which would have protected the Syrian citizens from the constant bombardment by their own leader.

Brilliant. Syria's air forces include Russian planes and pilots. Your strategy would place us in direct combat with a nuclear ready opponent. A general you are not.

Cute try.

Syria's air force did NOT include Russian planes and pilots at the time Petulant President Obama laid down his ultimatum.

Do you recall me, and many others telling Progressives/Socialists that if we (that would be the US) left a vacuum in the Middle East? Several times I even asked you folks who would fill that vacuum. China, Russia, Iran, North Korea or who. As it turns out, both Russia and Iran have filled that vacuum.

The result of your preferred route is hundreds of thousands killed, entire cities destroyed and millions of refugees wreaking havoc in Europe. Chaos Petulant President Obama has demanded that we (the United States) bring more of these unknown people to our country.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

We should have used our superior Air Force to bomb their airfields and air force out of existence.  Something that could have been done in a matter of days.  Following that, we'd have a no-fly zone which would have protected the Syrian citizens from the constant bombardment by their own leader.

Brilliant.  Syria's air forces include Russian planes and pilots.  Your strategy would place us in direct combat with a nuclear ready opponent.  A general you are not.

Cute try.

Syria's air force did NOT include Russian planes and pilots at the time Petulant President Obama laid down his ultimatum.  

Do you recall me, and many others telling Progressives/Socialists that if we (that would be the US) left a vacuum in the Middle East?  Several times I even asked you folks who would fill that vacuum.  China, Russia, Iran, North Korea or who.  As it turns out, both Russia and Iran have filled that vacuum.

The result of your preferred route is hundreds of thousands killed, entire cities destroyed and millions of refugees wreaking havoc in Europe.  Chaos Petulant President Obama has demanded that we (the United States) bring more of these unknown people to our country.

Reality -- Markle's whole theory is built on a false premise; that our pullout from Iraq is the cause of all our problems. But you and I both know Assad's battle against his own people had nothing to do with what was going on in Iraq.

Fact is, Dubya started our unending wars in the MidEast and Africa, Obama continued the game, and the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head now says he's going to rebuild our military and "bomb the crap out of them!"  Right ... fer sure.  And he promises he will bring us "more victories than we will be able to stand" ... fer sure.  

But Markle, our resident fascist-racist insists all our losses in blood and money in these ongoing, unwinnable war are due to our black President -- former king of the progressives.  

As for our new "winning" policies promised by the Pussy Grabber, consider this, the generals he has chosen to accomplish all this are the same generals who got us where we are in Iraq, Yemen, Somalia, Syria, Libya, and Afghanistan.

Don't hold your breath waiting for all the victories Trump has promised.
Or, if your believe the Pussy Grabber and support him, please do hold your breath until the victories start rolling in ....

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Cute try.

Do you recall me, and many others telling Progressives/Socialists that if we (that would be the US) left a vacuum in the Middle East?  Several times I even asked you folks who would fill that vacuum.  China, Russia, Iran, North Korea or who.  As it turns out, both Russia and Iran have filled that vacuum.

The result of your preferred route is hundreds of thousands killed, entire cities destroyed and millions of refugees wreaking havoc in Europe.  Chaos Petulant President Obama has demanded that we (the United States) bring more of these unknown people to our country.

Reality -- Markle's whole theory is built on a false premise; that our pullout from Iraq is the cause of all our problems.  But you and I both know Assad's battle against his own people had nothing to do with what was going on in Iraq.  

Fact is, Dubya started our unending wars in the MidEast and Africa, Obama continued the game, and the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head now says he's going to rebuild our military and "bomb the crap out of them!"  Right ... fer sure.  And he promises he will bring us "more victories than we will be able to stand" ... fer sure.  

But Markle, our resident fascist-racist insists all our losses in blood and money in these ongoing, unwinnable war are due to our black President -- former king of the progressives.  

As for our new "winning" policies promised by the Pussy Grabber, consider this, the generals he has chosen to accomplish all this are the same generals who got us where we are in Iraq, Yemen, Somalia, Syria, Libya, and Afghanistan.

Or, if your believe the Pussy Grabber and support him, please do hold your breath until the victories start rolling in ....

WHO KNEW? Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama voted like many Democrats against the War on Terror and the Invasion of Iran. How did that work?

What did President Obama do when Assad crossed the red line Obama had laid down.

"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
- Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This "Administration". The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country. three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society," he said.
"It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."
- Vice President Joe Biden (D) Feb. 10, 2010

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going? How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President? Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,330 American fatalities. Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

And now the Obama administration wants to TAKE CREDIT for the Iraq war…whew….

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Cute try.

Reality -- Markle's whole theory is built on a false premise; that our pullout from Iraq is the cause of all our problems.  But you and I both know Assad's battle against his own people had nothing to do with what was going on in Iraq.  

WHO KNEW?  Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama voted like many Democrats against the War on Terror and the Invasion of Iran.  How did that work?

What did President Obama do when Assad crossed the red line Obama had laid down.

"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
-  Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This "Administration".  The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country. three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society," he said.
"It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."
- Vice President Joe Biden (D) Feb. 10, 2010

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going?  How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President?  Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,330 American fatalities.  Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

And now the Obama administration wants to TAKE CREDIT for the Iraq war…whew….

Oddly, in some aspects we agree in this debate. Neither Dubya or Obama accomplished anything at all for all our costs in blood and money in the MidEast or Africa. And now we must look to the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head, and his favored generals (the ones who already failed to conclude any of our ongoing, unwinnable, never-ending wars.

Trump has promised "to bomb the crap out of 'em!" And,
"I'll bring you so many victories, your heads will spin! You'll be asking me to "stop, we can't take anymore victories ..." etc.

He says he really didn't mean what he said on that buss about grabbing pussies, and whatever, and getting away with it when you're a star.

He promised a big, beautiful wall to be built with Mexican money across the full width of our southern border.

And he promised to bring us all together and heal our dysfunctional, fascist and racist nation.

He also promised God to love, honor and be faithful to his first two wives.

Trump gives interview to the Times of London Trump-10

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Trump gives interview to the Times of London Trump-10
[/b][/quote]

OMG! I was eating breakfast when I saw this Wordslinger!!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:Trump gives interview to the Times of London Trump-10
[/b]

OMG! I was eating breakfast when I saw this Wordslinger!![/quote]

Oops! Sorry, my bad ....!! LOL

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:
[/b]

Oops!  Sorry, my bad ....!!  LOL
[/quote]

All is forgiven!

I was listening to Dennis Prager on 1330 on my morning walk and interestingly he was talking about fake news and the right/left alternative realities.

I am coming to the conclusion that we could use a neutral arbiter to begin to get us back to "reality". I don't know who to recommend. It would have to be someone who everyone respected. I'm talking about the need for this on a national level. Perhaps one or even two of our more prominent historians who have a depth of knowledge in our history?

Telstar

Telstar

othershoe1030 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
[/b]

Oops!  Sorry, my bad ....!!  LOL

All is forgiven!

I was listening to Dennis Prager on 1330 on my morning walk and interestingly he was talking about fake news and the right/left alternative realities.

I am coming to the conclusion that we could use a neutral arbiter to begin to get us back to "reality". I don't know who to recommend. It would have to be someone who everyone respected. I'm talking about the need for this on a national level. Perhaps one or even two of our more prominent historians who have a depth of knowledge in our history?
[/quote]

Good luck with that. I doubt the right and left have ever been so far apart.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Good luck with that. I doubt the right and left have ever been so far apart.

I'm afraid you're right, Tel -- and btw Dennis Prager is one of the many right wing talk show hosts owning significant responsibility for the rift.  I try to listen to him from time to time, but when he starts spewing his spitting hatred for "the left" -- everything's the fault of "the left, the left" -- I can't stand it and just have to shut him off.   He's a "reformed" Democrat -- worse by far than a reformed smoker.  Also, like every other right wing talk show host, he's arrogant to beat the band.  Can't stand him and his extremely narrow mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum