Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump is easier to take if you realize that whatever he says doesn't really matter.

+4
othershoe1030
Telstar
dumpcare
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Trump says Russia's a country we can trust, and that maybe NATO should be disbanded. His pick for Secretary of State doesn't agree.

Trump says our intelligence agencies are politically driven and mistaken in their findings most of the time. His pick for the head of the CIA doesn't agree.

Trump says maybe the majority of people in the Crimea want to be under Russian control. His pick for Department of Defense wants to beef up Ukraine's defensive capability and provide air cover at their border with Russia.

Trump says he's going to repeal Obamacare but not until a new, better healthcare plan is ready to immediately take its place. The republican dominated congress disagrees.

Trump never made a promise to anyone that he meant to keep. Trump's nature dictates that he say whatever will work for the moment and that the life of a promise is 20 seconds, an hour at most. Ask his former two wives whom he cheated on.

What's rapidly becoming evident, is that no matter what Trump promises or raves about (the Wall, the Muslim registry, how wonderful Putin is as a leader, etc. etc. etc., we should completely disregard, and just wait to see what really happens.

If you voted for him because he promised something you liked, you deserve what you get.

The Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head loves you, and really loves America .... for sure. Uh huh ... yeah ....

dumpcare

After the past 3 days of watching on and off confirmation hearing's I also have the feeling that his cabinet picks are not paying attention to him and could care less what comes out of is mouth. We already know the congress could care less. But this could become detrimental with all the promises that came out of his mouth. If the cabinet is confirmed we may see a few resignation's in the next year when they won't go along with Trump.

If the cabinet is confirmed? The pubs could put mickey mouse in any position they want.

See: nuclear option. Congratulations on that mob rule thingy comrades. We all lose.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:If the cabinet is confirmed? The pubs could put mickey mouse in any position they want.

See: nuclear option. Congratulations on that mob rule thingy comrades. We all lose.

Welcome to the fold. Most Americans are comrades now.

Trump is easier to take if you realize that whatever he says doesn't really matter. Redsta11

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:Trump says Russia's a country we can trust, and that maybe NATO should be disbanded.  His pick for Secretary of State doesn't agree.

Trump says our intelligence agencies are politically driven and mistaken in their findings most of the time.  His pick for the head of the CIA doesn't agree.

Trump says maybe the majority of people in the Crimea want to be under Russian control.  His pick for Department of Defense wants to beef up Ukraine's defensive capability and provide air cover at their border with Russia.

Trump says he's going to repeal Obamacare but not until a new, better healthcare plan is ready to immediately take its place.   The republican dominated congress disagrees.

Trump never made a promise to anyone that he meant to keep.  Trump's nature dictates that he say whatever will work for the moment and that the life of a promise is 20 seconds, an hour at most.  Ask his former two wives whom he cheated on.  

What's rapidly becoming evident, is that no matter what Trump promises or raves about (the Wall, the Muslim registry, how wonderful Putin is as a leader, etc. etc. etc., we should completely disregard, and just wait to see what really happens.

If you voted for him because he promised something you liked, you deserve what you get.

The Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head loves you, and really loves America ....  for sure.  Uh huh ... yeah ....

Well, yes and no. How crazy making is it to have (soon) a person in the WH whose statements we need to disregard? This in not comforting. It does not reassure anyone from citizens to foreign governments. I agree he has totally undermined any shred of credibility he may have had left.

In addition to the backtracking you note he also claimed that Hillary was totally owned by Goldman Sachs, which may or may not have been true but then he turns around and collects a significant percentage of Goldman Sachs people to populate his administration.

Add to the list too the lack of tax return releases still falling back on the yet to be verified "under audit" excuse. We all know they could be released even if he were really under audit, but never mind.

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:

Add to the list too the lack of tax return releases still falling back on the yet to be verified "under audit" excuse. We all know they could be released even if he were really under audit, but never mind.

May as well fuhgeddaboudit. Trump will NEVER, EVER release his tax returns, and has as much as said so recently.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Trump says Russia's a country we can trust, and that maybe NATO should be disbanded.  His pick for Secretary of State doesn't agree.

Trump says our intelligence agencies are politically driven and mistaken in their findings most of the time.  His pick for the head of the CIA doesn't agree.

Trump says maybe the majority of people in the Crimea want to be under Russian control.  His pick for Department of Defense wants to beef up Ukraine's defensive capability and provide air cover at their border with Russia.

Trump says he's going to repeal Obamacare but not until a new, better healthcare plan is ready to immediately take its place.   The republican dominated congress disagrees.

Trump never made a promise to anyone that he meant to keep.  Trump's nature dictates that he say whatever will work for the moment and that the life of a promise is 20 seconds, an hour at most.  Ask his former two wives whom he cheated on.  

The Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head loves you, and really loves America ....  for sure.  Uh huh ... yeah ....

I'm surprised that you find a LEADER who is eager to surround himself with real EXPERTS who are free to express their opinions. As opposed to Petulant President Obama who demanded total devotion to HIS policies. Not at all unlike your personal hero whose personal train you use as sort of a "secret" salute to...him.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

May as well fuhgeddaboudit.   Trump will NEVER, EVER release his tax returns, and has as much as said so recently.

What do you expect to learn from the release of President Trump's tax returns? That he's EXTREMELY RICH?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

I'm surprised that you find a LEADER who is eager to surround himself with real EXPERTS who are free to express their opinions.  As opposed to Petulant President Obama who demanded total devotion to HIS policies.  Not at all unlike your personal hero whose personal train you use as sort of a "secret" salute to...him.

Yawn.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

May as well fuhgeddaboudit.   Trump will NEVER, EVER release his tax returns, and has as much as said so recently.

What do you expect to learn from the release of President Trump's tax returns?  That he's EXTREMELY RICH?

I expect to learn what foreign countries he has business dealings with, including Russia. And the release of his records would either end the suspicion of conflicts of interest, or increase them. Reality.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

What do you expect to learn from the release of President Trump's tax returns? That he's EXTREMELY RICH?

I'd like to find out which banks in which countries he owes money to and how much.

I'd like to know how much if any he's given to charities, real charities not ones that buy portraits of him to let him hang in one of his golf clubs.

I'd like to see how he has avoided paying taxes.

I think his returns might give us ideas as to how the tax code needs to be reformed to make it more progressive and not just a tool to funnel money to the very rich.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Don't you all realize that Lame Dork Poster Markle's model is to make excuses for and justify any and all digressions by his political favorites, while describing and denigrating everything he can find on his political opponents? It matters not to the Lame Dork if his fellow Republicans are corrupt to the bone.

Markle defines shameless hypocrisy!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Don't you all realize that Lame Dork Poster Markle's model is to make excuses for and justify any and all digressions by his political favorites, while describing and denigrating everything he can find on his political opponents? It matters not to the Lame Dork if his fellow Republicans are corrupt to the bone.

Markle defines shameless hypocrisy!

When did I make any excuses?

EXCUSES are what Democrats have been frantically reaching for since they were crushed in November in the Presidential election.

How many excuses have they tried so far? When do they face the fact that they had a deeply flawed candidate, with tons of baggage and who ran a horrendous campaign. When do they admit, to themselves, THAT is the reason.

They should've seen the trend since 2010.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:What do you expect to learn from the release of President Trump's tax returns? That he's EXTREMELY RICH?

I'd like to find out which banks in which countries he owes money to and how much.

I'd like to know how much if any he's given to charities, real charities not ones that buy portraits of him to let him hang in one of his golf clubs.

I think his returns might give us ideas as to how the tax code needs to be reformed to make it more progressive and not just a tool to funnel money to the very rich.

Donald Trump owns properties in fifty-one countries.

He is going to owe money to countries you don't like.

Money he gave to charities is irrelevant.

It is simple how he "avoided" paying taxes. Unfortunately, I have "avoided" paying taxes the same way.

He had a huge loss, over several years I believe, which gets carried over to income in following years.

Tax returns don't show how money was "funneled" to the RICH. As you know, under Petulant President Obama, the MIDDLE INCOME BRACKET SHRANK, and the top 1% grew, percentage-wise greatly.

That growth was due, in large part, to the vast input of worthless money into our system by the FED. Through a circuitous route, that money ended up in the only place where the rich could make money. The Stock Market. I'm certainly not rich but I did the same. I sold off all the real estate I owned in 2006/2007. I held it in cash for the coming crash. I then started buying stocks when the Dow was about 10,000. A bit early, it was a bit nerve-wracking for a while but it seems to have worked out.

Why do you want to find more ways to punish very successful people? Rewarding them creates more jobs and more businesses.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:What do you expect to learn from the release of President Trump's tax returns? That he's EXTREMELY RICH?

It is simple how he "avoided" paying taxes.  Unfortunately, I have "avoided" paying taxes the same way.

He had a huge loss, over several years I believe, which gets carried over to income in following years.

Tax returns don't show how money was "funneled" to the RICH.  As you know, under Petulant President Obama, the MIDDLE INCOME BRACKET SHRANK, and the top 1% grew, percentage-wise greatly.

That growth was due, in large part, to the vast input of worthless money into our system by the FED.  Through a circuitous route, that money ended up in the only place where the rich could make money.  The Stock Market.  I'm certainly not rich but I did the same.  I sold off all the real estate I owned in 2006/2007.  I held it in cash for the coming crash.  I then started buying stocks when the Dow was about 10,000.  A bit early, it was a bit nerve-wracking for a while but it seems to have worked out.

Why do you want to find more ways to punish very successful people?  Rewarding them creates more jobs and more businesses.

"Why do you want to find more ways to punish very successful people?  Rewarding them creates more jobs and more businesses."
So sayeth our resident racist-fascist.  We should be delighted with the wonderful economic process that leaves the middle class decimated and the 1% "rewarded" ?  Read what bloodsucker Markle wrote -- blaming Obama for the "rigged" economy we suffer under -- and then telling us all we should let the bloodsuckers of the 1% take more from our pockets because they will create jobs.  He's right, of course, I'm forced to admit ... only based on their track record, all the jobs created from their enormous winnings, will be in Third World countries -- like the one they're building here.  A worker in Bangladesh works an eight to ten hour a day job, 5 or six days a week.  The jobs we get are part-time, so the bloodsuckers who run our biggest companies don't have to pay health insurance or other benefits.

Yeah, trust the rich guys like Markle.  I'd like to reward them all ... with jobs on garbage trucks.  We'd be far better off if everyone of the 1% suffered fatal heart attacks! You win Markle, you represent and try to defend the most hated segment of the American economy. You must be proud!

Source? Why not provide your propaganda source?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Source? Why not provide your propaganda source?

Get real. Use Google yourself. Find out what percent of new jobs are full time vs. part time. Look up how many factories that used to be here have gone off shore. Check out how earnings of the middle class have been stagnant for three decades, while the 1% is raking in enormous profits. Then show me what part of what I stated is propaganda.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

It is simple how he "avoided" paying taxes.  Unfortunately, I have "avoided" paying taxes the same way.

Tax returns don't show how money was "funneled" to the RICH.  As you know, under Petulant President Obama, the MIDDLE INCOME BRACKET SHRANK, and the top 1% grew, percentage-wise greatly.

That growth was due, in large part, to the vast input of worthless money into our system by the FED.  Through a circuitous route, that money ended up in the only place where the rich could make money.  The Stock Market.  I'm certainly not rich but I did the same.  I sold off all the real estate I owned in 2006/2007.  I held it in cash for the coming crash.  I then started buying stocks when the Dow was about 10,000.  A bit early, it was a bit nerve-wracking for a while but it seems to have worked out.

Why do you want to find more ways to punish very successful people?  Rewarding them creates more jobs and more businesses.

"Why do you want to find more ways to punish very successful people?  Rewarding them creates more jobs and more businesses."
So sayeth our resident racist-fascist.  We should be delighted with the wonderful economic process that leaves the middle class decimated and the 1% "rewarded" ?  Read what bloodsucker Markle wrote -- blaming Obama for the "rigged" economy we suffer under -- and then telling us all we should let the bloodsuckers of the 1% take more from our pockets because they will create jobs.  He's right, of course, I'm forced to admit ... only based on their track record, all the jobs created from their enormous winnings, will be in Third World countries -- like the one they're building here.  A worker in Bangladesh works an eight to ten hour a day job, 5 or six days a week.  The jobs we get are part-time, so the bloodsuckers who run our biggest companies don't have to pay health insurance or other benefits.

Yeah, trust the rich guys like Markle.  I'd like to reward them all ... with jobs on garbage trucks.  We'd be far better off if everyone of the 1% suffered fatal heart attacks!  You win Markle, you represent and try to defend the most hated segment of the American economy.  You must be proud!  

Everything you seem to despise seems to have been the result of Petulant President Obama.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Yeah, trust the rich guys like Markle.  I'd like to reward them all ... with jobs on garbage trucks.  We'd be far better off if everyone of the 1% suffered fatal heart attacks!  You win Markle, you represent and try to defend the most hated segment of the American economy.  You must be proud!  

Everything you seem to despise seems to have been the result of Petulant President Obama.  

Bullshit as you very well know. The big bloodsucking corporations were buying legislators long before Obama came on the scene. And the PUssy Grabber with the dead rat on his head is putting thieves from Goldman Sachs to run the economy ....

Get used to it Markle, Obama's irrelevant. Your guys own Trump and all he brings. How do you like the stench?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Source? Why not provide your propaganda source?

Get real.  Use Google yourself.  Find out what percent of new jobs are full time vs. part time.  Look up how many factories that used to be here have gone off shore.  Check out how earnings of the middle class have been stagnant for three decades, while the 1% is raking in enormous profits.  Then show me what part of what I stated is propaganda.

Again...blaming Petulant President Obama.

So really, how could things get worse?

[...]

The CEO of the aerospace defense company Lockheed Martin, Marillyn Hewson, pledges to create an additional 1,800 jobs and significantly reduce the high cost of F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program previously criticized by President-elect Donald Trump.

[...]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/13/lockheed-f-35-extra-jobs-promise-trump/

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:
I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.

Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But one hundred years later, the Negro still is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we've come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children.

It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back.

There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as the Negro is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of police brutality. We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities. *We cannot be satisfied as long as the negro's basic mobility is from a smaller ghetto to a larger one. We can never be satisfied as long as our children are stripped of their self-hood and robbed of their dignity by signs stating: "For Whites Only."* We cannot be satisfied as long as a Negro in Mississippi cannot vote and a Negro in New York believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until "justice rolls down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream."¹

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow jail cells. And some of you have come from areas where your quest -- quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of police brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to South Carolina, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."2

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!3

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.

Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But one hundred years later, the Negro still is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we've come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children.

It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back.

There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as the Negro is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of police brutality. We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities. *We cannot be satisfied as long as the negro's basic mobility is from a smaller ghetto to a larger one. We can never be satisfied as long as our children are stripped of their self-hood and robbed of their dignity by signs stating: "For Whites Only."* We cannot be satisfied as long as a Negro in Mississippi cannot vote and a Negro in New York believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until "justice rolls down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream."¹

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow jail cells. And some of you have come from areas where your quest -- quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of police brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to South Carolina, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."2

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!3

dumpcare

Markle wrote:

So let me get this straight from your post above, the dow went from 10000 to just short of 20000 during the past 8 years and you made out and made lots of money from it? But yet Obama had nothing to do with it? Do you see the irony here? If all these company's that are promising to hire in the U.S. comes to fruition and higher wages lower their profit margin's, do you think the stock holder's are going to stand for that? After all isn't your theory of a higher minimum wage going to get rid of jobs and raise the price of goods?

I just can't get over the hatred you have for obama but yet can say probably with a big grin on your face, THINGS WERE GOOD FOR ME AND I MADE OUT REAL GOOD IN THE STOCK MARKET UNDER HIS YEARS. WTF

I know many who made out real good under his years, if history repeats itself they won't in the next 4.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:

So let me get this straight from your post above, the dow went from 10000 to just short of 20000 during the past 8 years and you made out and made lots of money from it? But yet Obama had nothing to do with it? Do you see the irony here? If  all these company's that are promising to hire in the U.S. comes to fruition and higher wages lower their profit margin's, do you think the stock holder's are going to stand for that?  After all isn't your theory of a higher minimum wage going to get rid of jobs and raise the price of goods?

I just can't get over the hatred you have for obama but yet can say probably with a big grin on your face, THINGS WERE GOOD FOR ME AND I MADE OUT REAL GOOD IN THE STOCK MARKET UNDER HIS YEARS.  WTF

I know many who made out real good under his years, if history repeats itself they won't in the next 4.

PPCA: Try to keep in mind that Markle doesn't give a whit whether Obama's economy was a failure or successful. Nor does he care what any of us think of the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head. Markle's thrill comes from irritating forum members. He gets off on angering us, as a comfort move to externalize his deep feelings of inadequacy. Sadly, his suspicions about himself are true -- he is inadequate. Don't let his desperate attempts to anger you or anyone else on this forum succeed. He spews bullshit for no other purpose than to antagonize. If you question my statement, consider: he has repeatedly bragged that his day is made when he succeeds at irritating forum members.

When you realize how sick and depressed he must be, his insults and personal attacks here are laughable.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:

So let me get this straight from your post above, the dow went from 10000 to just short of 20000 during the past 8 years and you made out and made lots of money from it? But yet Obama had nothing to do with it? Do you see the irony here? If  all these company's that are promising to hire in the U.S. comes to fruition and higher wages lower their profit margin's, do you think the stock holder's are going to stand for that?  After all isn't your theory of a higher minimum wage going to get rid of jobs and raise the price of goods?

I just can't get over the hatred you have for obama but yet can say probably with a big grin on your face, THINGS WERE GOOD FOR ME AND I MADE OUT REAL GOOD IN THE STOCK MARKET UNDER HIS YEARS.  WTF

Unlike you, I care about people who earn a salary and they suffered greatly.

Petulant President Barack Hussein Obama, first president in history without a SINGLE YEAR OF GROWTH ABOVE 3 PERCENT.

Trump is easier to take if you realize that whatever he says doesn't really matter. 8f6bf3bd-632b-4ede-8778-65e3cd65e3f7_zpszqmvc8jl

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum