Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bus Drivers Could Lose Their Jobs with This.....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This talking, electric, self-driving bus is coming to a city near you

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/20/world/ollis-electric-bus/index.html

Excerpt:

(CNN) — Self-driving cars are unlikely to reach the public until the next decade, but a self-driving bus will be serving - and talking to - US citizens within a year.

The electric shuttle from Local Motors named "Olli" is on trial in the Washington area, and the company is planning a commercial launch in 2017 in several cities...

Bus Drivers Could Lose Their Jobs with This..... Bus10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

That looks about the right size for Pcola. I'm always irritated by full size buses with 3 people in them.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:That looks about the right size for Pcola. I'm always irritated by full size buses with 3 people in them.

I love the technology of the 2000s. I'll spend my golden years marveling at all of it.

This bus still has a petroleum tail to it.... It is all good that it is electric and gives no emissions; providing the electricity is emission-free (I do not want to turn this thread into a climate change thread). Even if this bus is recharged from a renewable source, it has a definite petroleum tail because the plastics, rubber (synthetic), and composites it is constructed from are all made using oil. Something the 'keep it in the ground' folks need to consider.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PkrBum wrote:That looks about the right size for Pcola. I'm always irritated by full size buses with 3 people in them.

I love the technology of the 2000s. I'll spend my golden years marveling at all of it.

This bus still has a petroleum tail to it.... It is all good that it is electric and gives no emissions; providing the electricity is emission-free (I do not want to turn this thread into a climate change thread). Even if this bus is recharged from a renewable source, it has a definite petroleum tail because the plastics, rubber (synthetic), and composites it is constructed from are all made using oil. Something the 'keep it in the ground' folks need to consider.

Anything is better than those enormous empty buses spewing noxious diesel fumes.

Markle

Markle

Me too. I believe the issue is that in order for a transit system to get federal grants, the buses must conform to certain specifications. Some buses in Tallahassee need to be full size, they circulate in and around our four schools of higher education and are depended on by a lot of students. Most could be the size pictured and still have plenty of room.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

Me too.  I believe the issue is that in order for a transit system to get federal grants, the buses must conform to certain specifications.  Some buses in Tallahassee need to be full size, they circulate in and around our four schools of higher education and are depended on by a lot of students.  Most could be the size pictured and still have plenty of room.

You two are certainly the experts on short buses.

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

Me too.  I believe the issue is that in order for a transit system to get federal grants, the buses must conform to certain specifications.  Some buses in Tallahassee need to be full size, they circulate in and around our four schools of higher education and are depended on by a lot of students.  Most could be the size pictured and still have plenty of room.

You two are certainly the experts on short buses.

Bus Drivers Could Lose Their Jobs with This..... Df926b18

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum