Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A week after the election, I only got to watch a few minutes of TV, and I had no computer

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I was traveling election night and was playing a carnival game at Harrahs in Metropolis Illinois when I saw that Hillary was behind in Florida. I knew she had lost, but I won eight hundred dollars, and went to bed. We had to finish non stop a project which took a week to complete. I brought the laptop hoping to post and catch up on the election, but the neighbor gave us his security code and the distance between homes was too far, and I left the go phone at home.

So at a time when we would have been glued to cable news and what was being said, and reading all the internet news........I was on bobcat, building walls, and painting as we scurried to get preliminary work complete for critical work to be done in December. I am now catching up. When I saw Wisconsin and Michigan go for Trump, this was more than the obvious racist response to eight years of a black man as president. This had more to do with rejection of our trade policies and an obvious distrust for Hillary's flip flop on trade. I will speak to the racism which clearly has been confirmed and I have argued for years, but more importantly is that I hope the new President elect can surprise people's expectations and work to solve problems in America. I also completely understand the anger of folks when President Obama was elected. We seem to see things as all or nothing.

I think that for the first time in years, America may address Social Security. President elect Trump has said he will not take benefits from social security, but I think a bold move in regard to the same in the first 100 days with more controversial programs which provide raw meat for his supporters could actually do something good for the country.

I find it amusing that a New Yorker with New York values, with Christie and Rudy who were rejected by the conservative branch of the Republican Party in their bids for president are now in charge because racism was used to fool folks. I think President elect Trump may be smarter than he has shown by appointing his fascist as his strategist, while the Democrats go nuts talking about what a scumbag this guy is......he is, but the devil will be in the detail.

I am worried that President elect Trump would like for states to be allowed to criminalize women's health choices, and he argues that women could travel to another state.......he has a gap in understanding poverty, but I want to give the man a chance to prove me wrong.

This last week has taught me that the media, and the internet becomes a type of addiction which can skew reality. I found it to be quite a humbling experience to get some news from the Pensacola ABC affiliate......which is the twilight zone for me.....from the car ads, lawyer ads, and sports coverage, and I begin to better understand how geographically America is quite removed from the media and values presented on national networks.

I think Hillary would have been a better President, but I thought Bush 1 would have been better than Bill Clinton. I thought Senator Dole would have been better than Bill Clinton. I was wrong. I thought George Bush was better for America than Gore or Kerry. I was wrong. I thought John McCain, and I am embarrassed......Gary Johnson would be better for America than President Obama. I was really really wrong. Now being that I have been consistently wrong on what is best for America over the last twenty years, I am hopeful that Trump can surprise me, and once again that I have been wrong. I think my streak may end on this one though, but I will give the benefit of the doubt and will support the President Elect and I am hopeful for America.

knothead

knothead

Welcome back Mr. Oats . . . . . you were missed.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:Welcome back Mr. Oats . . . . . you were missed.

cheerscheerscheers

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Cliff notes?

Cliff must be your significant other. I love you

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:Welcome back Mr. Oats . . . . . you were missed.
cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum