Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Affordable Care Act and Trump

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Affordable Care Act and Trump Empty The Affordable Care Act and Trump 11/11/2016, 7:39 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Many are saying they think Trump will "grow into the office" and others doubt whether a person with his personality type can do anything but become more extreme under the pressure of the office. Time will tell of course but here's his latest views on the Affordable Care Act.

By MONICA LANGLEY and  GERARD BAKER
Updated Nov. 11, 2016 5:53 p.m. ET
750 COMMENTS
NEW YORK—President-elect Donald Trump said he would consider leaving in place certain parts of the Affordable Care Act, an indication of possible compromise after a campaign in which he pledged repeatedly to repeal the 2010 health-care law.

In his first interview since his election earlier this week, Mr. Trump said one priority was moving “quickly” on President Barack Obama’s signature health initiative, which Mr. Trump said has become so unworkable and expensive that “you can’t use it.”

Yet, Mr. Trump also showed a willingness to preserve at least two provisions of the law after Mr. Obama asked him to reconsider repealing it during their meeting at the White House on Thursday.

Mr. Trump said he favors keeping the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients’ existing conditions, and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies.

On health care, Mr. Trump said a big reason for his shift from his call for an all-out repeal was the meeting at the White House with Mr. Obama, who, he said, suggested areas of the Affordable Care Act, widely known as Obamacare, to preserve. “I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that,” Mr. Trump said in his Trump Tower office.

“Either Obamacare will be amended, or repealed and replaced,” Mr. Trump said.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-willing-to-keep-parts-of-health-law-1478895339

Make America Smart Again

dumpcare

othershoe1030 wrote:Many are saying they think Trump will "grow into the office" and others doubt whether a person with his personality type can do anything but become more extreme under the pressure of the office. Time will tell of course but here's his latest views on the Affordable Care Act.

750 COMMENTS
NEW YORK—President-elect Donald Trump said he would consider leaving in place certain parts of the Affordable Care Act, an indication of possible compromise after a campaign in which he pledged repeatedly to repeal the 2010 health-care law.

In his first interview since his election earlier this week, Mr. Trump said one priority was moving “quickly” on President Barack Obama’s signature health initiative, which Mr. Trump said has become so unworkable and expensive that “you can’t use it.”

Yet, Mr. Trump also showed a willingness to preserve at least two provisions of the law after Mr. Obama asked him to reconsider repealing it during their meeting at the White House on Thursday.

Mr. Trump said he favors keeping the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients’ existing conditions, and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies.

On health care, Mr. Trump said a big reason for his shift from his call for an all-out repeal was the meeting at the White House with Mr. Obama, who, he said, suggested areas of the Affordable Care Act, widely known as Obamacare, to preserve. “I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that,” Mr. Trump said in his Trump Tower office.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-willing-to-keep-parts-of-health-law-1478895339

Make America Smart Again

I just saw that on the news, I am telling you he is more of a democrat than Hillary. So his change in position means the republican congress will fight with him for a year or two on repealing and it will eventually be amended. lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Many are saying they think Trump will "grow into the office" and others doubt whether a person with his personality type can do anything but become more extreme under the pressure of the office. Time will tell of course but here's his latest views on the Affordable Care Act.

750 COMMENTS

Make America Smart Again

I just saw that on the news, I am telling you he is more of a democrat than Hillary. So his change in position means the republican congress will fight with him for a year or two on repealing and it will eventually be amended. lol

Hopefully he will make the best decisions. Many families can not afford 5 FIGURE deductibles and premiums > than a house payment.

Hopefully he ends the mandate. There's no place for that in this country. The govt has no right.

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:
ppaca wrote:

750 COMMENTS

Make America Smart Again

Hopefully he will make the best decisions. Many families can not afford 5 FIGURE deductibles and premiums > than a house payment.

You're right and I've always said it needed amended. The essential health benefits should be ala carte, and if you pick one then you pay extra. No need for a 60 year old woman or any single male to have maternity. No need to have free birth control since it was free or practically free down at the heath department before the law was passed. Last but not least the part of the Medicare act of 2003 that says drug prices cannot be negotiated needs to be changed.

Take pre existing but put a 12 month waiting period on the condition so they cannot drop their plan the minute they have a major surgery in the first few months.

Drugs and maternity are driving the health premium's the most.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ppaca . ..I sent you a pm.

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:Ppaca . ..I sent you a pm.

I responded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum