Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Someone on my Facebook feed just shared a live video from the head pastor at Pace Assembly of God

+6
Wordslinger
RealLindaL
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
boards of FL
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

RealLindaL

Wordslinger wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
The point of this discussion, as I see it, is that churches do not have license to insert their religion into the political process, although some regularly do.  When a pastor of a church preaches support for a political candidate, that should lose the church's tax exemption.

It has been going on for years and years and years. Through-out minority churches, especially.

Which minority church(es) do you attend?

You don't have to as you can see Revs Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on TV all the time doing it.

Please cite the name of the churches where these two are pastors.  The issue isn't about religious celebrities who are political spokespeople.  It's about pastors who attempt to illegally convince their congregations to vote one way or another, from the pulpit.  

Try and attend some of the remedial reading classes where you teach.  You need it.   

WS is absolutely correct, TTT. Tentatively giving you credit for not needing remedial reading instruction, it's quite apparent you didn't bother to read the prior listed criteria for what's legal and what isn't. Pay attention, Teach!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Floridatexan wrote:
Oh...my...God.  I cannot believe I just witnessed that.  I need a bath.

I just saw the show. At one point the Pastor let his audience know that "you can be sure God is Pro-Life."

The motherfucker wasn't that way with my late wife. Or my mother. Or my Dad's family in the Ukraine when the Nazis took over. Somebody should tell the ACLU to look into this situation... I'll make the call.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:No real Christian could vote for Trump.  Right?  Would Jesus have built a wall?  Banned non-Christians? Groped women's genitals?  Advocated the use of torture?  Bizarrely mimicked a person suffering from palsy?  

The truth is, Donald J. Trump is as Christian as I am, only I understand what's moral and he doesn't.  

Reality.

Heathens, like yourself, are desperate to twist my faith so you believe it fits your needs. Straight out of Saul Alinsky's "Rules For Radicals".

Would Jesus have built a wall?  Are you really that ignorant or are you just being facetious?

Once again, and I'll type slowly since comprehension does not seem to b one of your strong suits.

People of faith are not perfect nor do we pretend to be without sin.  The difference between you and people of faith, AGAIN, is that we are forgiven.

How can you understand what is moral or not moral?  On what to you base that understanding?  On what is it founded?  You make it up as you go?  Whatever you decide is moral, is moral and whatever YOU decide is not...is not?

Perhaps if you read the Holy Bible you would understand that it is filled with killing, war, violence and sex.

What's it like not having to live with a moral compass?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:How can you understand what is moral or not moral?  On what to you base that understanding?  On what is it founded?  You make it up as you go?  Whatever you decide is moral, is moral and whatever YOU decide is not...is not?

Morality is founded on the principle that moral actions are those that seek to minimize harm or suffering to conscious, living creatures.  This is obviously an oversimplified definition but that is the gist.

What, are you telling us that you are incapable of understanding morality on your own, and have to be told by a book what is and isn't moral?  Are you seriously telling us that you have no innate sense of morality and basically just take the word of a book?  You don't know that you shouldn't murder someone unless a book scares you into believing as much?  Couple this with the fact that you're a Trump supporter and I think it's fairly clear that your about as amoral as anyone could be.

Here you are, Ole' Man Markle.  

Someone on my Facebook feed just shared a live video from the head pastor at Pace Assembly of God - Page 2 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

That preacher and his church need to be reported to the IRS.

dumpcare

Floridatexan wrote:

Well I might agree but it didn't look like he was doing it from the pulpit. I only watched part of it but it seemed he was inviting anyone and everyone and he didn't have a captive audience within a church.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:No real Christian could vote for Trump.  Right?  Would Jesus have built a wall?  Banned non-Christians? Groped women's genitals?  Advocated the use of torture?  Bizarrely mimicked a person suffering from palsy?  

The truth is, Donald J. Trump is as Christian as I am, only I understand what's moral and he doesn't.  

Reality.

Heathens, like yourself, are desperate to twist my faith so you believe it fits your needs.  Straight out of Saul Alinsky's "Rules For Radicals".

Would Jesus have built a wall?  Are you really that ignorant or are you just being facetious?

Once again, and I'll type slowly since comprehension does not seem to b one of your strong suits.

People of faith are not perfect nor do we pretend to be without sin.  The difference between you and people of faith, AGAIN, is that we are forgiven.

How can you understand what is moral or not moral?  On what to you base that understanding?  On what is it founded?  You make it up as you go?  Whatever you decide is moral, is moral and whatever YOU decide is not...is not?

Perhaps if you read the Holy Bible you would understand that it is filled with killing, war, violence and sex.

What's it like not having to live with a moral compass?

Having a sense of what's right or wrong exists in every human, with or without belief in some imaginary friend. Read Christopher Hitchens ...

And here's something you of all people should know: God is bullshit.

Vikingwoman

It was rather silly to urge them to vote for the second man when he won't even be in charge.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ppaca wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Well I might agree but it didn't look like he was doing it from the pulpit. I only watched part of it but it seemed he was inviting anyone and everyone and he didn't have a captive audience within a church.

No...he was using a social medium...worse in my book.  He also has a radio show...as I was watching, people were joining him from other places, and he acknowledged these people as they logged in.  Most were full of praise.  My comments, needless to say, were not.  Whether he pontificates from the pulpit or from another medium, his church should no longer be tax exempt.

What really bothered me is that he immediately played the anti-abortion card. He equated pro-choice with pro-abortion. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I've been remembering the other Assembly of God church in Pensacola...a person I knew who did water aerobics at the YMCA...and kept hitting on me. He was a deacon at that church...really made a big deal of it. I would always replace the lane markers after class because people were waiting to swim. He grabbed my breast as I was bent over the edge of the pool tightening the connectors. Unbelievable...and some people apparently thought I was encouraging the guy, who was, of course, married.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
I've been remembering the other Assembly of God church in Pensacola...a person I knew who did water aerobics at the YMCA...and kept hitting on me.  He was a deacon at that church...really made a big deal of it.  I would always replace the lane markers after class because people were waiting to swim.  He grabbed my breast as I was bent over the edge of the pool tightening the connectors.  Unbelievable...and some people apparently thought I was encouraging the guy, who was, of course, married.  

You could perhaps help some people understand why the women who've come forward about Trump's "grabs" didn't say anything at the time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum