Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best ad to show why trump should be elected

+5
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
Wordslinger
othershoe1030
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.caintv.com/this-may-be-the-worst-58-secon

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Right to work laws only mean that a person has the right to work without any rights.

What in the world is the "reasoning" behind thinking that these so called "right to work" laws are anything but a legal way to take advantage of working people?

I can see being in favor of RTW laws if you are a big corporation or a business that doesn't value its employees or someone who like Trump likes to cheat and cut corners and use other people's money whenever possible in order to make money but what is the advantage to the working person?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:http://www.caintv.com/this-may-be-the-worst-58-secon

It was unions who brought on the 8-hr work day, overtime pay, and reasonable safety regulations on the job. And it was the unions who made American wages what they once were -- livable.

Of course Trump's against unions, against livable wages, against regulations of any sort that would force oligarchs like him to actually have to pay workers, etc. To hundreds of workers and small contractors who this orange haired motherfucker has avoided paying, Trump's the biggest nightmare a working American can have.

Fuck Trump and his silver-spooned off-spring! Right to Work is big business's way of destroying unions so they can fully exploit workers.

It's unfortunate that the uneducated, out of work core of Trump's base are stupid enough to believe he gives a shit about their living conditions. Reality

I have zero problem with groups of people forming or bargaining or doing whatever is legal...

unless you choose to work for the govt.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

It was unions who brought on the 8-hr work day, overtime pay, and reasonable safety regulations on the job.  And it was the unions who made American wages what they once were -- livable.

[...]

What year did those things take place and what has been the result of unions since then.

Airlines, autoworkers, and trains for example.

Markle

Markle

What can be worse than Hillary screaming for one full minute?

Hillary took another day off the campaign trail.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Hillary took another day off the campaign trail.

It does not matter how she chooses to run her campaign. All that matters are the results of the election, which will be announced late in the evening November 8th. Hold tight, we are almost there......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

To those of you who think Right to Work laws are a good thing please explain the advantages of having Right to Work laws for working people? Why would anyone want to live in a Right to Work State or encourage passage of Right to work Laws? Just curious. How is this a good thing for workers?

2seaoat

Hillary took another day off the campaign trail.

She is up by six points nationwide, and the news cycle through Monday will be focused on police shooting black people......she got real lucky that during her debate prep, Trump coverage has disappeared, and she gets to slide closer to the election with NO mistakes. When you are up in the fourth quarter with two minutes to go.....you take a knee. duh.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:To those of you who think Right to Work laws are a good thing please explain the advantages of having Right to Work laws for working people? Why would anyone want to live in a Right to Work State or encourage passage of Right to work Laws? Just curious. How is this a good thing for workers?

They outlived their purpose and quit serving the worker and quickly began serving only themselves. In the process, they destroy the very industry they purport to serve.

You know this well, but here is something from the lips of a retired union executive.
National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

Says it all, does it not?

2seaoat

These shootings have been a gift to Hillary Clinton.....it fits into her platform objectives, and shows that among a motivated black population nationwide that they cannot stay home and get any less excited for Hillary as they were for President Obama. It appears that the Police chief is backing off from his initial statements, and people in North Carolina realize that 3% more blacks have registered since 2012 and early voting has indicated huge increases in Democrats voting and significant drops in Republicans voting. If North Carolina was to go to Hillary......the race is over. North Carolina has increasing numbers of educated people. They have Professional teams and they are not lock step in the SEC mentality of the old confederacy. America is changing, but shooting unarmed black men right now is a horrible thing for a racist candidate like Trump.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Hillary took another day off the campaign trail.

She is up by six points nationwide, and the news cycle through Monday will be focused on police shooting black people......she got real lucky that during her debate prep, Trump coverage has disappeared, and she gets to slide closer to the election with NO mistakes.   When you are up in the fourth quarter with two minutes to go.....you take a knee.  duh.

duh....

RealClearPolitics Election 2016 September 22, 2016
President
Election 2016 . . . . .Clinton . . .Trump . . .Spread
RCP Poll Average . . . .46.0 . . . 43.4 . . . .Clinton +2.6 . .Trending Up
4-Way RCP Average . .41.4 . . . 39.8 . . . .Clinton +1.6 . .Trending Up

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:To those of you who think Right to Work laws are a good thing please explain the advantages of having Right to Work laws for working people? Why would anyone want to live in a Right to Work State or encourage passage of Right to work Laws? Just curious. How is this a good thing for workers?

They outlived their purpose and quit serving the worker and quickly began serving only themselves.  In the process, they destroy the very industry they purport to serve.

You know this well, but here is something from the lips of a retired union executive.
National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

Says it all, does it not?

Thank you for making my point. Power is exactly the reason people join unions. What other reason could there be in the short definition of things?

Individually teachers care about the children, care about closing the achievement gap, care about making public schools great for everyone but individually they cannot exert power to influence decisions that effect these outcomes so they join the union. The unions stand up for teachers too but I think that part of their influence has been vastly over stated. In my years of teaching and belonging to the union I do not recall a union rep specifically going to bat for an individual teacher.

Before this conversation strays into one about teachers let's remember that the thread is about Right to Work laws and which candidate supports them. According to the clip posted to start this thread Hillary says Trump has declared himself to be 100% in favor of Right to Work laws. Of course he is. He is interested in paying workers LESS not more, certainly he thinks workers are paid too much already. (I heard him say that in a speech somewhere along the campaign trail).

Besides throwing up the distraction of your clip, which proves the value of a union, namely the power that goes with it, tell me Markle, what are the benefits to working class people of living in a Right to Work state? I have never understood why a worker would be in favor of such laws.

Interestingly here is a map that looks quite familiar. It is not the campaign red/blue map though; it is the right to work states vs ones that allow unions to form.

Best ad to show why trump should be elected  Th?&id=OIP.M87fde8103e689281636d17836d255f69H0&w=299&h=231&c=0&pid=1

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle, my good fascist-racist friend ... what are the advantages to workers when unions are banned, or right to work laws are in place?

knothead

knothead

Airlines, autoworkers, and trains for example.

I can't speak to the autoworkers but the other two are well represented and have a working collaborative relationship with the corporate side as it should be. Unions give a voice at the table for working men and women and while there have been abuses they are few and far between . . . . as WS articulated were it not for unions, worker abuses would continue to this day and we would also not have an eight hour day, overtime, vacation, retirement, and job security. It's hard to imagine why people object (I really do know) to unions but it is but one issue that I vehemently disagree with the GOP mindset.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Interesting that we are getting ZERO response to our question re the benefits of living in a Right to Work state.

The only argument I know of in support of such laws is the right leaning mind-set that is just against anything faintly resembling government involvement and in this case government and union to their way of thinking are joined at the hip.

Ironically, to my way of thinking one of governments responsibilities to the country's citizens is to protect us from the abuses of unfettered business entities like corporations of all sorts. Without government regulations and union representation most of us would be living as serfs and sharecroppers and buying goods at the company store.

How is it that the Tea Part types think the gov-ment is so horrible? Who stands up for the rights of ordinary people, people who don't have a pile of money, education or knowhow to fight in court against unsafe working conditions, unfair wages, clean water and air, etc. We don't need runaway capitalism to "solve our problems". That would be a disaster.

knothead

knothead

othershoe1030 wrote:Interesting that we are getting ZERO response to our question re the benefits of living in a Right to Work state.

The only argument I know of in support of such laws is the right leaning mind-set that is just against anything faintly resembling government involvement and in this case government and union to their way of thinking are joined at the hip.

Ironically, to my way of thinking one of governments responsibilities to the country's citizens is to protect us from the abuses of unfettered business entities like corporations of all sorts. Without government regulations and union representation most of us would be living as serfs and sharecroppers and buying goods at the company store.

How is it that the Tea Part types think the gov-ment is so horrible? Who stands up for the rights of ordinary people, people who don't have a pile of money, education or knowhow to fight in court against unsafe working conditions, unfair wages, clean water and air, etc. We don't need runaway capitalism to "solve our problems". That would be a disaster.

Wish I could add something substantive but you said it so well, thanks OS!

RealLindaL

What knot said, OS! Great post.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Best ad to show why trump should be elected  OmtWMcr

Enjoy: https://youtu.be/0EyoKB3ZHSc

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Floridatexan wrote:Best ad to show why trump should be elected  OmtWMcr

Thanks people Smile

Yes, the Reagan quote really caught on and started a lot of this gov-ment is bad line of thinking. Without government intervention and oversight we would go back to air that we can see and rivers that catch fire among other impressive things.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

othershoe1030 wrote:

Thanks people Smile

Yes, the Reagan quote really caught on and started a lot of this gov-ment is bad line of thinking. Without government intervention and oversight we would go back to air that we can see and rivers that catch fire among other impressive things.

The government grew each year Reagan was in office........

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Markle, my good fascist-racist friend ... what are the advantages to workers when unions are banned, or right to work laws are in place?

See Detroit and the former great Steel making cities. Where are those jobs?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Markle, my good fascist-racist friend ... what are the advantages to workers when unions are banned, or right to work laws are in place?

See Detroit and the former great Steel making cities.  Where are those jobs?

They're now in Bangladesh, or Guam, or India, or Mexico. Anywhere where the corporatist elitists are able to exploit workers at the lowest possible cost. The truth is, the same CEO's who ordered the closing of American factories, are hoping American living standards and wages will fall so low, they can bring their factories back.

Fuck America ... the new motto of fascist Amerikan corporations.

Down with Amerika Inc., corporate control of our government through corrupt campaign financing!

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Thanks people Smile

The government grew each year Reagan was in office........

Any politician that honestly feels that government is the problem should back it up by stepping down from office. If they don't do that then they themselves are a major part of the problem, not the solution.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum