Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Pentagon chief Gates: Trump is 'unfit,' 'beyond repair'

+2
2seaoat
knothead
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

knothead

knothead

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-pentagon-chief-gates-trump-unfit-beyond-repair-182042389.html

Gates - a Republican who was Pentagon chief under Republican George W. Bush and Democrat Barack Obama - has worked with eight presidents and is among the most widely respected US voices on national security matters.

"I believe Mr. Trump is beyond repair. He is stubbornly uninformed" and "temperamentally unsuited to lead our men and women in uniform," Gates wrote in an op-ed piece posted late Friday on the Journal's website. "He is unqualified and unfit to be commander-in-chief."

Gates assailed Clinton's opposition to a pending Asian trade agreement she once supported, said she had been vague on dealing with Vladimir Putin's Russia, said she offered few specifics about North Korea, and had no clear strategy toward "a Middle East in flames."

But on credibility, Gates added, "Trump is in a league of his own."

Trump is "willfully ignorant" about the world, the US military and "about government itself," Gates said.

knothead

knothead

Robert Gates is one of the most respected members of the intelligence community, has worked for eight presidents and is non partisan, I hope America will take heed . . . . . this man is a clear and present danger to our nation.

What military intervention decision has hillary been on the correct side of?

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:What military intervention decision has hillary been on the correct side of?

Robert Gates expounded on the shortcoming of SOS Clinton but said Trump is in a league of his own . . . . . read the article before asking redundant questions.

Frankly we have nearly no idea what he'll actually do... much like electing Obama. See: Nobel Prize.

We do on the other hand know w hillary. See: recent history.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:Frankly we have nearly no idea what he'll actually do... much like electing Obama. See: Nobel Prize.

We do on the other hand know w hillary. See: recent history.

How many respected leaders from both parties does it take to sink in that Trump is unfit in a multitude of ways . . . . . that's what we know.

2seaoat

PK is happy if government fails......he has no concept about good governance, and believes all government is evil.....so in his mind Trump blowing up government is a good thing......Hillary is not perfect, but Trump is simply unacceptable to any patriotic American who cares about this nation. Anybody who votes for Trump is voting for chaos.

RealLindaL

Sea, Pkr has stated he will not vote for Trump and I, for one, take him at his word.  At least it'll be one less Republican vote for the chaos that is Trump.

But look, Pkr, Trump tells us all the time what he will do, and virtually all of it is appalling and contrary to our nation's core values.  But even more frightening is the reality that the "who he is" trumps all of the "what he will do's" -- and that won't change.    The man is simply, totally, unfit for the office, as you yourself have rightly recognized, Pkr, in withholding your vote for him.    

Gates is far from the first to speak of Trump's "willful ignorance" as to foreign policy and government -- and how in the world can anyone aspire to the presidency of this land with very obviously no great interest in either?? It's unthinkable.  The man wants the power and status without the responsibility of knowing what in the hell he's doing. That should scare the  beejeezus out of every thinking American, and will likely become even more abundantly clear during the debates, presuming he does dare to participate in all of them -- or even if he doesn't, which will be an even further clue as to his ignorance.

Hillary's depth of experience in government and understanding of how to get things done, coupled with the fact that she is NOT a hopelessly blustering narcissist, racist, and bigot, offers us the far better chance of moving the country forward in good directions.  Given the authority of the office and surrounded by knowledgeable and intelligent advisors instead of a bunch of white supremacist conspiracy theorists, she actually has a chance to achieve a degree of greatness such as none (or at least very few) of us presently imagines.

With Trump, greatness is a hopeless daydream he can never aspire to, much less achieve.  The only thing this man wants to make great is himself.  Pkr, I think you know this about him.  

So, since you don't intend to vote for him, what good, I ask you in the name of the nation...what GOOD does it do to continue to bash his only viable opponent, and/or to vote for someone else who hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of winning?  But never mind, that's a rhetorical question I don't expect you to answer.  

Bottom line: Donald Trump is one big horrifying game of chance.  This independent will vote for Hillary.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:Sea, Pkr has stated he will not vote for Trump and I, for one, take him at his word.  At least it'll be one less Republican vote for the chaos that is Trump.

But look, Pkr, Trump tells us all the time what he will do, and virtually all of it is appalling and contrary to our nation's core values.  But even more frightening is the reality that the "who he is" trumps all of the "what he will do's" -- and that won't change.    The man is simply, totally, unfit for the office, as you yourself have rightly recognized, Pkr, in withholding your vote for him.    

Gates is far from the first to speak of Trump's "willful ignorance" as to foreign policy and government -- and how in the world can anyone aspire to the presidency of this land with very obviously no great interest in either?? It's unthinkable.  The man wants the power and status without the responsibility of knowing what in the hell he's doing. That should scare the  beejeezus out of every thinking American, and will likely become even more abundantly clear during the debates, presuming he does dare to participate in all of them -- or even if he doesn't, which will be an even further clue as to his ignorance.

Hillary's depth of experience in government and understanding of how to get things done, coupled with the fact that she is NOT a hopelessly blustering narcissist, racist, and bigot, offers us the far better chance of moving the country forward in good directions.  Given the authority of the office and surrounded by knowledgeable and intelligent advisors instead of a bunch of white supremacist conspiracy theorists, she actually has a chance to achieve a degree of greatness such as none (or at least very few) of us presently imagines.

With Trump, greatness is a hopeless daydream he can never aspire to, much less achieve.  The only thing this man wants to make great is himself.  Pkr, I think you know this about him.  

So, since you don't intend to vote for him, what good, I ask you in the name of the nation...what GOOD does it do to continue to bash his only viable opponent, and/or to vote for someone else who hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of winning?  But never mind, that's a rhetorical question I don't expect you to answer.  

Bottom line:  Donald Trump is one big horrifying game of chance.  This independent will vote for Hillary.

Very well said young lady . . . . . . hear hear!!!

I haven't thght trump capable of winning anything all along... still don't really. That he has any shot is a reflection on hillary. I certainly won't compromise my ethics by voting for trump... some will consider that a vote for the other candidate... but that's just a control tactic. We the people won't win.

knothead wrote:Robert Gates is one of the most respected members of the intelligence community, has worked for eight presidents and is non partisan, I hope America will take heed . . . . . this man is a clear and present danger to our nation.
And he also said Obama and Hillary were incompetent on their actions on Libya and benghazi

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What military intervention decision has hillary been on the correct side of?

Robert Gates expounded on the shortcoming of SOS Clinton but said Trump is in a league of his own . . . . . read the article before asking redundant questions.
It's obvious you have sold your soul to th devil in supporting the witch

2seaoat

It's obvious you have sold your soul to th devil in supporting the witch

A person who committed serial adultery, cheated sub contractors, married three times, discriminated against black tenants, cheated Trump University students, took money illegally out of his foundation to payoff the Florida AG, failed to make claimed charitable contributions, versus a woman who since college dedicated her life to helping women and children.........who would Jesus affirm.

You accidentally left out hillary's record. You know... the real one that includes the scandals, votes, results...

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:You accidentally left out hillary's record. You know... the real one that includes the scandals, votes, results...

You read the wrong stuff...always have. If you're not supporting Trump, exactly who is your choice for President?

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:It's obvious you have sold your soul to th devil in supporting the witch

A person who committed serial adultery, cheated sub contractors, married three times, discriminated against black tenants, cheated Trump University students, took money illegally out of his foundation to payoff the Florida AG, failed to make claimed charitable contributions, versus a woman who since college dedicated her life to helping women and children.........who would Jesus affirm.

And I note that Sea, in his valid depiction of only a portion of Trump's sins, at least affords Trump the minimum respect of calling him "a person," whereas TTT terms Clinton "the witch."   Misogyny truly runs rampant in the hate Hillary camp -- in case anyone hadn't noticed.

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:Very well said young lady . . . . . . hear hear!!!

Thx, knot -- your valued support (especially while calling me young - HA!) is most gratefully appreciated.

2seaoat

Hillary Clinton is not a sociopath. She has spent a large part of her life trying to help people. Trump is a sociopath. There is not one person who is confused about him being a sociopath. The only question is how can white nationalist not process that simple fact. The answer is simple. They would rather see white nationalist goals be met than worry about electing a sociopath. Hillary Clinton has NOTHING to do with that dynamic, and is simply a convenient scapegoat to not be confused with the white nationalist goals.......nobody is fooled, and wait to the election night maps tell the truth.

"She has spent a large part of her life trying to help people"

How? Btw... filtering (siphoning) money meant for charity is hardly altruistic.

Markle

Markle

Robert Gates has never met Donald Trump.  He followed orders of the Elite Republican crowd.  Sour grapes.

Much to the chagrin of BOTH PARTIES, VOTERS, AMERICANS are choosing their President as opposed to the ELITE of BOTH PARTIES.

Means less than nothing as Donald Trump pulls even in the polls and ahead by a wide margin in some.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:Robert Gates has never met Donald Trump.  He followed orders of the Elite Republican crowd.  Sour grapes.

And you know all of this as fact, exactly how??

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Good question. You could ask the same thing of Johnson, Carter, Nixon, Bush I and Bush II. A better question is who is more of a hawk, Hillary or Trump? Trump can't wait to blow Iran's small attack craft out of the water. And he says the world would be better off with nuclear proliferation.

Our involvement with the Korean War can be legitimately questioned. And ALL THE WARS WE'VE FOUGHT SINCE THEN have been costly mistakes.

If America's penchant for wasting money and blood on unnecessary, un-winnable wars is one of your pet peeves, then we share the same concern!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Robert Gates has never met Donald Trump.  He followed orders of the Elite Republican crowd.  Sour grapes.

Much to the chagrin of BOTH PARTIES, VOTERS, AMERICANS are choosing their President as opposed to the ELITE of BOTH PARTIES.

Means less than nothing as Donald Trump pulls even in the polls and ahead by a wide margin in some.

What the hell has Gates never having met Trump got to do with his appraisal of the huckster? You don't need to meet Trump to know he's an ego-maniac and a liar. You can figure that out by listening to most of his statements.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

Good question.  You could ask the same thing of Johnson, Carter, Nixon, Bush I and Bush II.  A better question is who is more of a hawk, Hillary or Trump?  Trump can't wait to blow Iran's small attack craft out of the water.  And he says the world would be better off with nuclear proliferation.  

Our involvement with the Korean War can be legitimately questioned.   And ALL THE WARS WE'VE FOUGHT SINCE THEN have been costly mistakes.    

If America's penchant for wasting money and blood on unnecessary, un-winnable wars is one of your pet peeves, then we share the same concern!          

None of the historic figures you mention matter this year. None. None are running for office.

Hillary Clinton has a proven record of wreaking death and destruction on the Middle East and causing hundreds of thousands of people to lose their homes and countries.

As for who is the war hawk, Hillary Clinton has certainly caused more war and destruction than Donald Trump.

We won the war in Iraq, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama was determined to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. Which is well known, EVEN TO YOU.

i]"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
- Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This Administration" The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."
- Vice President Joe Biden (D) Feb. 10, 2010
[/i]

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going? How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President? Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,330 American fatalities. Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

And now the Obama administration TAKES CREDIT for the Iraq war…whew….

2seaoat

We won the war in Iraq,

We did. In about three weeks. We then proceeded to lose the occupation of Iraq which was expected when a nation which has not done anything to America gets invaded and we are seen as the bad guys. Bush Sr. knew that occupation would be brutal in the first war, but Jr. wanted to make political capital.......America and the world has suffered since.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum