Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Lies About Birtherism and Then Lies Some More

+5
Floridatexan
Markle
2seaoat
Telstar
Sal
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Incredible.

These are bald-faced, demonstrable lies.

If we still have any vestiges of credible journalistic integrity in what was once the Fourth Estate, they should destroy him with this.

Wouldn't it be something if birtherism was the thing that finally torpedoed his campaign?

Trump just said that he "finished" the birther controversy by forcing President Obama to release his birth certificate in 2011. But for literally years after the release of the long form birth certificate Trump continued to claim it was either a forgery or that it didn't establish that President Obama was born in the United States

Courtesy of The Daily Beast Gideon Resnick here's a sampling of Trump tweets - post-birth certificate release - claiming it was a forgery.

Of course, there's more than Twitter. Here's MediaMatters file on all the times he claimed President Obama wasn't an American citizen after the birth certificate release.

Hillary Clinton didn't start birtherism. That's a flat out lie. Trump didn't "finish" it, even in the preposterous sense in which he's claiming that he did the country a "great service" by forcing the release of the birth certificate and settling the matter. Because he continued to claim it was a forgery for years.

As I said earlier, birtherism is not about a factual error. It's conscious and deliberate racist agitation. Indeed, it was birtherism which built Trump's political profile and his base among white supremacists which enabled him to mount his successful primary campaign. His political career was built on birtherism and racism. He's never apologized. Indeed, he's said he deserves praise for it. So he's doubled down on more lies, apologized for nothing, and says he deserves credit for what he did. Think about that.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/stone-cold-liar

Telstar

Telstar

Here is all the praise that lyin' Donnyboy deserves.

2seaoat

This is the empereor's new clothes, but when will the child say.......but you are naked Mr. Trump. The American people are hypnotized in a trance with the whole reality tv paradigm that this man has money and he must be smart and a leader. It is insane, where is the child....?

Markle

Markle

Trump Lies About Birtherism and Then Lies Some More LOL_zpsrc5py0ql

Markle

Markle

Sal

Sal

Markle is also a pathological liar ....

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/sep/23/donald-trump/hillary-clinton-obama-birther-fact-check/

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/was-hillary-clinton-the-original-birther/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Trump Lies About Birtherism and Then Lies Some More Troll

Sal

Sal

And, after his performance, the stage literally collapsed from the sheer weight of the bullshit it had been forced to endure.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/the-stage-is-falling-apart-nbcs-katy-tur-narrates-as-trump-events-stage-collapses-on-live-tv/

RealLindaL

It ASTOUNDS me every day when people say they won't vote for Hillary because she's a liar, but then will turn around and say they're going to vote for Trump. AS IF!!! Are you KIDDING me?????? TRUMP is the paradigm of truthfulness??? He would lie about whether or not the sun rises in the east if it benefited him. He's made himself a CAREER out of deception. OMG people, WAKE THE HECK UP!!!

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:It ASTOUNDS me every day when people say they won't vote for Hillary because she's a liar, but then will turn around and say they're going to vote for Trump.  AS IF!!!    Are you KIDDING me??????    TRUMP is the paradigm of truthfulness???  He would lie about whether or not the sun rises in the east if it benefited him.  He's made himself a CAREER out of deception.  OMG people, WAKE THE HECK UP!!!

I really think that he may have stepped over the line here, at least with the media.

He billed this as a major announcement, then gave a twenty-five minute infomercial about his hotel, surrounded himself with veterans as props, and then gave a three sentence statement regarding what was supposed to be the subject of his speech - two sentences of which were bald-faced lies.

I think the press may turn on him at this point and cover him as the ridiculous little man running a ridiculous little campaign on nothing but bluster and bullshit, as they should've been doing from the get go.

Will it matter at this juncture?

Stay tuned.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:It ASTOUNDS me every day when people say they won't vote for Hillary because she's a liar, but then will turn around and say they're going to vote for Trump.  AS IF!!!    Are you KIDDING me??????    TRUMP is the paradigm of truthfulness???  He would lie about whether or not the sun rises in the east if it benefited him.  He's made himself a CAREER out of deception.  OMG people, WAKE THE HECK UP!!!

I really think that he may have stepped over the line here, at least with the media.

He billed this as a major announcement, then gave a twenty-five minute infomercial about his hotel, surrounded himself with veterans as props, and then gave a three sentence statement regarding what was supposed to be the subject of his speech - two sentences of which were bald-faced lies.

I think the press may turn on him at this point and cover him as the ridiculous little man running a ridiculous little campaign on nothing but bluster and bullshit, as they should've been doing from the get go.

Will it matter at this juncture?

Stay tuned.

Sal, I'd love to see it happen (the press portraying him for what his is), but I'm afraid that may be wishful thinking.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/9/17/1571335/-Trump-s-miscalculation-will-hurt-him-Badly?detail=email&link_id=1&can_id=1b54be4c01232388704f6dbb31c47a1c&source=email-trumps-miscalculation-will-hurt-him-badly&email_referrer=trumps-miscalculation-will-hurt-him-badly&email_subject=trumps-miscalculation-will-hurt-him-badly

Trump's miscalculation will hurt him. Badly.

I’ll be honest, as an ex hockey player, there’s nothing I like more than a lively scrum in the corner or along the boards. And what we have brewing right now is a bench clearing brawl, but there’s just one problem. One team is sending their whole squad out there to mash the captain, and everybody on the other team but the captain is heading for the locker room, pronto.

Of course I’m speaking of The Orange Julius vs the entire media. Frankly, I don’t understand the motive here. Trump has stonewalled on releasing his taxes this entire cycle, and he’ll continue to do so. Why not do the same thing with the birtherism issue? Trump had a legitimate stalling tactic. He responded to every question on the subject by saying he ‘doesn’t talk about it anymore”, that it was a distraction. His surrogates were on the same page. Then, for some unknown reason it started unraveling. Trump surrogates began saying on air that Trump believed Obama was a U.S. citizen.

Why the hell do this? True, the media was asking, but when stonewalled by the “I/He doesn’t talk about that anymore, it’s a distraction”, the press backed off in pursuit of other topics. Their clumsy change of direction only ignited the whole issue again, and nothing short of an admission from The Tiny Fisted Emperor would do. Trump’s :07 admission that Obama was born here, followed by him leaving the stage of his “press conference” without taking one question sparked pure media outrage.

The media is now righteously pissed. Like Bernie Maddof investors, they bought into the scam over and over again, and ended up looking like rubes when the scam was exposed. The media could no longer deny that they had been played for suckers, and that stung. For the first time I can remember, the media used the dread word “lie” to describe Trumpensteins words. And they are going to get their pound of flesh back, this isn’t going to disappear anytime soon.

The funny thing is that the Clinton campaign doesn’t even have to push this. The media is fueling and pushing this all on their own, in an attempt to restore their tattered dignity and integrity. CNN is on a full fledged temper tantrum. John Berman, Jake Tapper and John King excoriated Trump repeatedly, not only for his flimsy admission, but also for his flat out lie that the Clinton camp started the birtherism issue. One CNN panelist even admitted “We got played”.

Hell hath no fury like a reporter conned. The New York Times used the word “lie” repeatedly to describe both Trumps birtherism and his accusation on the Clinton campaign. CNN was a bit more tactful, calling the statements “factually false”, or “untruthful”. CNN’s nose is out of joint because they finally realize they got jobbed, cutting away from their regular programming for a thirty minute infomercial and self promotion tour of his new hotel, leading up to his :07 statement. NBC was the pool member that was allowed to send a camera crew on his grand tour of the hotel. They erased the tape in protest, refusing to use any of the footage on air, and nobody else did either. They instead spent all of their spare time excoriating Trump for his refusal after almost six years of smearing the President to either explain his conversion or apologize.

The worst part for Trump is that the media is now bringing back up both his tantrum against Judge Curiel and his hateful rhetoric aimed at the Khan family. Both of these events had a lasting negative impact on the Trump campaign, they don’t need it brought up and rehashed all over again. The true test of the medias ire will be how much they now go back and start picking over previous obnoxious statements from Trump, and how they deal with them in retrospect. Also important will be how the media now responds to the continuing controversies concerning the Trump Foundation, and the Pam Bondi “pay for play” kerfuffle.

It is estimated that Mein Furor has received just over $2B in “earned air time” in this cycle, it allowed him to blot out 16 other contenders. Those days are over. And what media time he does get will be much more critical of him. No matter what you think of Trump, you have to admit one thing. When it comes to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, Trumpelthinskin is the Grand Wizard!

Thanks as always for reading!

Sal

Sal

This appeared on the front page of the NYTimes yesterday ...

It was not true in 2011, when Donald J. Trump mischievously began to question President Obama’s birthplace aloud in television interviews. “I’m starting to think that he was not born here,” he said at the time.

It was not true in 2012, when he took to Twitter to declare that “an ‘extremely credible source’” had called his office to inform him that Mr. Obama’s birth certificate was “a fraud.”

It was not true in 2014, when Mr. Trump invited hackers to “please hack Obama’s college records (destroyed?) and check ‘place of birth.’”

It was never true, any of it. Mr. Obama’s citizenship was never in question. No credible evidence ever suggested otherwise.

Yet it took Mr. Trump five years of dodging, winking and joking to surrender to reality, finally, on Friday, after a remarkable campaign of relentless deception that tried to undermine the legitimacy of the nation’s first black president.

In fact, it took Mr. Trump much longer than that: Mr. Obama released his short-form birth certificate from the Hawaii Department of Health in 2008. Most of the world moved on.

But not Mr. Trump.

He nurtured the conspiracy like a poisonous flower, watering and feeding it with an ardor that still baffles and embarrasses many around him.

The essential question — Why promote a lie?

It might not matter. He kept doing it, even as his most senior aides assured the public that he had long since abandoned the fallacy.

He had not. He was disingenuous until the very end, telling a Washington Post reporter just 72 hours before that he was unready to concede the president’s place of birth. But he treated the weighty topic, as he does so much else, like a television cliffhanger, promising a major declaration on Friday.

And then, around 11 a.m. Friday in Washington, he gave up the lie. But he conjured up a bizarre new deception, congratulating himself for putting to rest the doubts about Mr. Obama that he had fanned since 2011. “I finished it,’’ he declared, unapologetically. “President Obama was born in the United States — period.’’

Surrounded by, and in many ways shielded by, decorated veterans in his new Washington hotel, he could not resist indulging in another falsehood — that his opponent, Hillary Clinton, had started the so-called birther movement. She did not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther.html

2seaoat

Trump is a sociopath. Anybody attacking Hillary is promoting a sociopath to the Presidency of the United States. Our Moral fiber is being tested as a Nation in this election, and the false equivalency is the biggest lie.....there is no equivalency with this sociopath.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2008/08/penn-strategy-memo-march-19-2008/37952/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I’m starting to think that he was not born here

Well, there is absolutely NO QUESTION that Senator Raphael Eduardo Cruz (El Cubano de Canada) was NOT born in the United States!

Where did he get a free pass to run for president?

I brought this up a few months ago to PeeDog, and his comment back to me was "Deal with it!"

In other words, wingnuts are all for more loose interpretations of the Constitution when their own political agenda is at stake (hypocrites!).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I just read the Penn letter......Nothing which suggested that the Clinton campaign was going to say President Obama was not born in America. absurd.

more lies and innuendo........gave up on the gross negligence

You have tried by smoke and mirrors to make Hillary dishonest after 20 years of attacks, and you turn a blind eye to Trump, who you say you will not vote......I call obvious BS.

Markle

Markle

Told you so! You guys are so easy!

MSNBC, Politico, Bloomberg, CNN, McClatchy and More Confirm: Hillary Clinton’s 2008 Campaign Spread ‘Birtherism’ About Barack Obama

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/16/msnbc-politico-bloomberg-cnn-mcclatchy-confirm-hillary-clintons-2008-campaign-spread-birtherism/

VectorMan

VectorMan

It ASTOUNDS me every day when people say they won't vote for Trump because he's a liar, but then will turn around and say they're going to vote for Hillary. AS IF!!! Are you KIDDING me?????? HILLARY is the paradigm of truthfulness??? She would lie about whether or not the sun rises in the east if it benefited her. She's made herself a CAREER out of deception. OMG people, WAKE THE HECK UP!!!

That goes both ways you know?

I could never vote for a liberal. They're seriously flawed on many levels.

Lesser of two evils it is for me.

I'd vote for a dented and rusted can over Hillary.

The way I see it, my vote is really against Hillary and not so much for Donald. Many people are tired of the liberal BS. Just saying.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.wired.com/2016/09/actually-accurate-headlines-donald-trumps-birther-nonsense/

Trump Lies About Birtherism and Then Lies Some More CsfLZMiVMAAxrX-

RUSTY TIN CAN

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL

VectorMan wrote:It ASTOUNDS me every day when people say they won't vote for Trump because he's a liar, but then will turn around and say they're going to vote for Hillary. AS IF!!! Are you KIDDING me?????? HILLARY is the paradigm of truthfulness??? She would lie about whether or not the sun rises in the east if it benefited her. She's made herself a CAREER out of deception. OMG people, WAKE THE HECK UP!!!

The way I see it, my vote is really against Hillary and not so much for Donald. Many people are tired of the liberal BS. Just saying.

Doesn't matter -- your vote for Trump is a vote for Trump.  You can "see it" any way you want but that's what it amounts to, plain and simple.   So vote for him -- that so-called human who takes "flawed" to a whole new level -- and live with it.

Meanwhile you can cease and desist, please, from copying my words and twisting them around to suit your own agenda.  Write your own words and leave mine the heck alone.

polecat

polecat

When Trump is President, the first thing he will do after a terror attack is go on TV and say, "I knew this would happen. See how right I was about this? This is an amazing day for me." - Andy Borowitz

STOP comparing Trump to Hitler - Hitler didn't lie to get 5 deferments to avoid serving in a war he supported.- John Fugelsang

TRUMP ECONOMIC PLAN CALLS FOR EVERY AMERICAN TO INHERIT MILLIONS FROM FATHER. - Andy Borowitz

Donald Trump is like Jesus for Christians who've rejected the teachings of Jesus. - John Fugelsang

Donald Trump assures you Hillary was a birther first and he's got investigators in Hawaii with proof of it that he'll show you sometime. - John Fugelsang

Hey, remember when those "illegals" outsourced your job, crashed the housing market & cut taxes for the rich? Vote for a white billionaire. - John FugelsangTrump Lies About Birtherism and Then Lies Some More Cspjwe10

RealLindaL

polecat wrote:When Trump is President, the first thing he will do after a terror attack is go on TV and say, "I knew this would happen. See how right I was about this? This is an amazing day for me." - Andy Borowitz

This one is potentially so very prophetic that it's positively eerie.  

VectorMan

VectorMan

RealLindaL wrote:
VectorMan wrote:It ASTOUNDS me every day when people say they won't vote for Trump because he's a liar, but then will turn around and say they're going to vote for Hillary. AS IF!!! Are you KIDDING me?????? HILLARY is the paradigm of truthfulness??? She would lie about whether or not the sun rises in the east if it benefited her. She's made herself a CAREER out of deception. OMG people, WAKE THE HECK UP!!!

Doesn't matter -- your vote for Trump is a vote for Trump.  You can "see it" any way you want but that's what it amounts to, plain and simple.   So vote for him -- that so-called human who takes "flawed" to a whole new level -- and live with it.

Meanwhile you can cease and desist, please, from copying my words and twisting them around to suit your own agenda.  Write your own words and leave mine the heck alone.

Don't be so touchy. Just making a point. It was absolutely justified. Considering the flawed candidates. Oh well. The Donald it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum