Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voter registration fraud tied to Republican Party. Some questionable forms show up in the panhandle

+2
Nekochan
othershoe1030
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

It is good to see that just filling out forms and making up names and addresses is not enough to get a voter ID card sent to your door. There are many checks along the way to keep fraudulent voters off the voting rolls.

This company has been hired by Republican campaigns all over the country for many years. I especially am distressed by the shredding of voter registration forms filled out by Democrats.

Romney's ship is taking on water at a great rate and I hope this punches a few more holes in his hull. They deserve all the bad press this should generate.

At a time when voter fraud (and this is not voter fraud but registration fraud) is at the forefront of peoples minds via the voter ID laws this should raise some eyebrows and cause outrage.

The firm is not only tied to the FL GOP, but also to the Mitt Romney Campaign, which hired Sproul as a political consultant late last year, despite years of fraud allegations against his organizations in multiple states.
Moreover, the firm is also reportedly operating similar voter registration operations on behalf of the Republican Party, to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, in a number of key battleground states this year, including North Carolina, Virginia and Colorado. Strategic Allied has recently taken steps to hide their ownership by Sproul's notorious firm, Sproul & Associates.

The Palm Beach Post reports tonight that Bucher turned the "questionable" applications over to FL State Attorney Peter Antonacci and Chief Assistant State Attorney Paul Zacks during a meeting on Monday in "an abundance of caution" after her staff "had questions about similar-looking signatures, missing information and wrong addresses on the forms."
The paper reports that "some of the applications she questioned were for new voter registrations while others were for address or party affiliation changes or requests for new voter cards."

http://truth-out.org/news/item/11798-florida-gop-fired-romney-consultants-voter-registration-firm-after-fraudulent-forms-reported-in-palm-beach

Nekochan

Nekochan

Palm Beach County. Imagine that!

But tell me--does Truthout report on stories of Democratic voter fraud?

Election officials in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties on Thursday handed over more than 100 suspect forms to local prosecutors.

Its always odd to me that that area makes the news in this way.

I think its admirable they fired them when they found out unlike the acorn fiasco.

truthout is just another soros propaganda shell... why do liberals gobble this stuff up? y'all should look up soros's past in using elections. i doubt you would read anymore of his crap if you did.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:truthout is just another soros propaganda shell... why do liberals gobble this stuff up? y'all should look up soros's past in using elections. i doubt you would read anymore of his crap if you did.

Correct, because everyone knows that the only legitimate voter registration fraud stories originate from titans of journalism like Brietbart.

Laughing

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

othershoe1030 wrote:It is good to see that just filling out forms and making up names and addresses is not enough to get a voter ID card sent to your door. There are many checks along the way to keep fraudulent voters off the voting rolls.

This company has been hired by Republican campaigns all over the country for many years. I especially am distressed by the shredding of voter registration forms filled out by Democrats.

Romney's ship is taking on water at a great rate and I hope this punches a few more holes in his hull. They deserve all the bad press this should generate.

At a time when voter fraud (and this is not voter fraud but registration fraud) is at the forefront of peoples minds via the voter ID laws this should raise some eyebrows and cause outrage.

The firm is not only tied to the FL GOP, but also to the Mitt Romney Campaign, which hired Sproul as a political consultant late last year, despite years of fraud allegations against his organizations in multiple states.
Moreover, the firm is also reportedly operating similar voter registration operations on behalf of the Republican Party, to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, in a number of key battleground states this year, including North Carolina, Virginia and Colorado. Strategic Allied has recently taken steps to hide their ownership by Sproul's notorious firm, Sproul & Associates.

The Palm Beach Post reports tonight that Bucher turned the "questionable" applications over to FL State Attorney Peter Antonacci and Chief Assistant State Attorney Paul Zacks during a meeting on Monday in "an abundance of caution" after her staff "had questions about similar-looking signatures, missing information and wrong addresses on the forms."
The paper reports that "some of the applications she questioned were for new voter registrations while others were for address or party affiliation changes or requests for new voter cards."

http://truth-out.org/news/item/11798-florida-gop-fired-romney-consultants-voter-registration-firm-after-fraudulent-forms-reported-in-palm-beach

I posted something similar on the other forum. I love the way the R's like to talk about Democrats committing voter fraud.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Rogue wrote:Election officials in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties on Thursday handed over more than 100 suspect forms to local prosecutors.

I think its admirable they fired them when they found out unlike the acorn fiasco.

ACORN wasn't found guilty of anything.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:truthout is just another soros propaganda shell... why do liberals gobble this stuff up? y'all should look up soros's past in using elections. i doubt you would read anymore of his crap if you did.

Truthout has nothing whatever to do with Soros.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Rogue wrote:Election officials in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties on Thursday handed over more than 100 suspect forms to local prosecutors.

Yes, that part looks magnificent however the Republicans' connection with this firm and people who run it goes back at least to the Bush/Cheney campaign and they continue with the same MO. That part does not reflect well on the R's.

The notorious Nathan Sproul
We've reported on Sproul many times over the years, as the GOP operative, and former chair of the Arizona GOP and the state's Christian Coalition, pops up again and again in each Presidential Election year. He is hired over and over by the Republican Party, despite years of fraud allegations in multiple states against his organizations, which are said to have routinely changed or entirely destroyed Democratic voter registrations.
He operates as Sproul & Associates as well as Lincoln Strategy Group, among other names, including now, apparently, Strategic Allied Consulting.
And this year, after being hired by the Bush/Cheney campaign in '04 and the McCain/Palin campaign in '08, Sproul was "quietly" hired by the Romney campaign as a political consultant late last year, according to a June report from Lee Fang at the non-partisan Republic Report:
Late last year, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign began paying Nathan Sproul, a political consultant with a long history of destroying Democratic voter registration forms and manipulating ballot initiatives. Sproul, who changed his firm's name from Sproul and Associates to Lincoln Strategies, has received over $70,000 from Romney's campaign

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Nekochan wrote:Palm Beach County. Imagine that!

Please try to remember this is not voter fraud, it was registration fraud. I'm sure good reporters would also post stories about the Democrats if they tried such things. Have you seen any such reports lately?

Nekochan

Nekochan

othershoe1030 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Palm Beach County. Imagine that!

Please try to remember this is not voter fraud, it was registration fraud. I'm sure good reporters would also post stories about the Democrats if they tried such things. Have you seen any such reports lately?

Good reporters...well there is the problem!
I've seen reports lately about illegals being registered to vote, dead people being registered, etc. On the news just this morning there was a story from Panama City, FL about a woman who claims to have used her green card as proof of ID when she's voted in the past....she is NOT even a U.S. citizen!!!

I do not know if the illegals or dead people were registered as Democrats or Republicans or what Party the Panama City woman was registered under.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Here you go. Was this reported on in Truthout?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/maryland-politics/post/maryland-democrat-quits-congressional-race-amid-vote-fraud-allegations/2012/09/10/d0ff9b1e-fb73-11e1-b2af-1f7d12fe907a_blog.html

This is a bigger issue than what I think people realize. I believe that there are a number of people who are registered to vote in Florida AND in other states. There are so many people who spend winter months in Florida/own homes in Florida but who spend the summer months up north. In my own experience--after I moved to Alabama, I received an email from my old Supervisor of Elections office in Florida, asking me if I wanted an absentee ballot to vote in Florida in an upcoming election. I declined because at that point I was living AND voting in Alabama. But--who or what would have stopped me from taking that absentee ballot and voting in both Florida and Alabama? I think this is a really big issue and the only solution I know of is a nationalized system of voter registration.

Floridatexan wrote:

TACOMA -- Pierce County is slated to strike 230 names from its voter rolls this week as it wraps up an investigation of voter-registration fraud.

The investigation centered on registrations submitted by employees of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, a national advocacy group for low-income people.

ACORN workers submitted more than 1,800 registration forms in King County and about 1,400 in Pierce County in fall 2006.

Last summer, King County prosecutors charged seven ACORN employees with submitting false information on voter-registration cards. Five of the seven have since pleaded guilty. Two ACORN employees admitted falsifying registrations in Pierce County.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Pierce-County-to-pull-230-names-off-voter-list-1263443.php#ixzz27n8qSv4q

There's more than this too. ACORN was all over the place guilty.

And obama WAS personally involved with ACORN and all this went down and all of you were prefectly happy with it all.

2seaoat

Personal voter fraud is statistically none existent. It resides in the minds of those easily malleable minds where propoganda melds preexisting prejudice with absurd propostions......an illegal alien intentionally risking their residency status to cast a vote.........priceless.....somebody actually believes this is a real problem. Tweedle dee tweedle dumb........the solution is simple. Require a photo at the time of voter registration and create a simple database so when a person comes to vote all the information is readily available to anybody who wants to challenge a voter can have them cast a provisional vote.......this is simply an attempt to put up barriers to make it difficult to vote, and it is no different than the literacy tests or the poll taxes.....you know....we have to pay folks to count the votes...... No No No .

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Personal voter fraud is statistically none existent. It resides in the minds of those easily malleable minds where propoganda melds preexisting prejudice with absurd propostions......an illegal alien intentionally risking their residency status to cast a vote.........priceless.....somebody actually believes this is a real problem. Tweedle dee tweedle dumb........the solution is simple. Require a photo at the time of voter registration and create a simple database so when a person comes to vote all the information is readily available to anybody who wants to challenge a voter can have them cast a provisional vote.......this is simply an attempt to put up barriers to make it difficult to vote, and it is no different than the literacy tests or the poll taxes.....you know....we have to pay folks to count the votes...... No No No .

Oh BS....that Maryland woman running for office voted in TWO states. It is happening. She got caught, probably because she was running for office and someone checked on her. But how many aren't caught? And how do you know it's not a problem? In Election 2000 in Florida the difference was less than 1000 votes. So yes, every vote--and every illegal vote--counts!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Nekochan wrote:Here you go. Was this reported on in Truthout?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/maryland-politics/post/maryland-democrat-quits-congressional-race-amid-vote-fraud-allegations/2012/09/10/d0ff9b1e-fb73-11e1-b2af-1f7d12fe907a_blog.html

This is a bigger issue than what I think people realize. I believe that there are a number of people who are registered to vote in Florida AND in other states. There are so many people who spend winter months in Florida/own homes in Florida but who spend the summer months up north. In my own experience--after I moved to Alabama, I received an email from my old Supervisor of Elections office in Florida, asking me if I wanted an absentee ballot to vote in Florida in an upcoming election. I declined because at that point I was living AND voting in Alabama. But--who or what would have stopped me from taking that absentee ballot and voting in both Florida and Alabama? I think this is a really big issue and the only solution I know of is a nationalized system of voter registration.

In your case you were already at one time registered to vote in Florida. You would have had to show a valid Florida drivers license or give a Social Security number to register. After that it would be your responsibility to not vote in a state you were no longer living in. There would be penalties for doing that so you, naturally did the right thing.

As for the person voting in two states, I can only roll my eyes in disbelief (although I know this is a real story, the person is beyond belief, how stupid?!) At any rate it was the party that threw her out, so that's good. Even so, one vote cast fraudulently is not justification for the possibility of keeping thousands of people who have voted legally in the past to not be able to vote. It is over kill to say the least and a trumped up "non-problem".

This can be compared to the idea that it is better to have guilty people go free than to convict one innocent person.
From the article:

Maryland Democrat quits congressional race amid vote fraud allegations
By Ben Pershing
This post has been updated

A Maryland Democratic candidate quit her congressional race Monday after her own party told state officials that she had committed fraud by voting in both Maryland and Florida in recent elections.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well in my case you're right, I was registered in Florida. And I voted by absentee ballot because at the time, I lived in Japan. So I could vote by absentee ballot without providing an ID when I voted. But then I moved to Alabama. And I registered to vote in Alabama. Meanwhile, the Florida supervisor of elections had no idea that I had registered to vote in Alabama. So at that point, I was more or less on an honor system. The last thing in the world that my Florida supervisor of elections wants to do is to make it difficult for people to vote. But on the other hand, I think that absentee ballots present an opportunity for people to commit voter fraud. It's so much easier to commit fraud if you don't personally have to show up at the polling place and vote. Just mail your absentee vote in. Twice. Just that easy. Too easy. But like I said, you don't want to make it difficult for those who really need to vote by absentee ballot. And that comes back to the issue of a national voter registration which I'm sure could also be manipulated because crooks always find a way. But I think it would make voter fraud at least little more difficult.
But about the Maryland woman--yes, good for the Democrats turning her in.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Floridatexan wrote:

LOL...You don't read much do you?

VectorMan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

LOL...You don't read much do you?

everything for them comes off the top of thier minds lol ,..must be lmao

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Just announced on Rachel Maddow that the
Republican Party has just announced that it is discontinuing all voter registration efforts in Florida, Nevada and the other states where the fraudulent voter registration efforts were discovered last week.

Seems the party has no plan B for registering voters.

Oct. 1 (Bloomberg) -- The Republican National Committee ended efforts to sign up new voters before the deadline in key states for the presidential race because of questions raised over registration applications tied to the party.
Republican parties in Florida, Colorado, Nevada, North Carolina and Virginia -- all states that both campaigns view as competitive -- fired Glen Allen, Virginia-based Strategic Allied Consulting, the company in charge of registrations, said Kirsten Kukowski, a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee. The national committee also canceled its contract with the company, its only vendor signing up new voters, Kukowski said.
The five states have registration deadlines from Oct. 6 to Oct. 15. Stopping efforts before then could hurt Republican nominee Mitt Romney in his bid to unseat Democratic President Barack Obama, said Lance deHaven-Smith, a Florida State University political science professor in Tallahassee.
“In any swing state that’s going to be significant because these elections are so close,” deHaven-Smith said. “This gives an advantage to Obama.”
Firing the company didn’t hurt the party’s registration efforts, Kukowski said.

‘No Impact’

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Republicans-End-Swing-State-Voter-Sign-Up-After-3908692.php#ixzz286Xarfru

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Republicans-End-Swing-State-Voter-Sign-Up-After-3908692.php

othershoe1030 wrote:Just announced on Rachel Maddow that the
Republican Party has just announced that it is discontinuing all voter registration efforts in Florida, Nevada and the other states where the fraudulent voter registration efforts were discovered last week.

Seems the party has no plan B for registering voters.

Oct. 1 (Bloomberg) -- The Republican National Committee ended efforts to sign up new voters before the deadline in key states for the presidential race because of questions raised over registration applications tied to the party.
Republican parties in Florida, Colorado, Nevada, North Carolina and Virginia -- all states that both campaigns view as competitive -- fired Glen Allen, Virginia-based Strategic Allied Consulting, the company in charge of registrations, said Kirsten Kukowski, a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee. The national committee also canceled its contract with the company, its only vendor signing up new voters, Kukowski said.
The five states have registration deadlines from Oct. 6 to Oct. 15. Stopping efforts before then could hurt Republican nominee Mitt Romney in his bid to unseat Democratic President Barack Obama, said Lance deHaven-Smith, a Florida State University political science professor in Tallahassee.
“In any swing state that’s going to be significant because these elections are so close,” deHaven-Smith said. “This gives an advantage to Obama.”
Firing the company didn’t hurt the party’s registration efforts, Kukowski said.

‘No Impact’

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Republicans-End-Swing-State-Voter-Sign-Up-After-3908692.php#ixzz286Xarfru

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Republicans-End-Swing-State-Voter-Sign-Up-After-3908692.php

Of course they have no plan B.They didn't plan on getting caught.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Dreamsglore wrote:

Of course they have no plan B.They didn't plan on getting caught.

cheers

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Don't you think this is a big deal with just a short period of time left to register voters and they decide to throw in the towel? At the very least this can't help the GOP ticket in these swing states.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum