Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Obama lie unearthed

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Another Obama lie unearthed - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Obama lie unearthed 8/20/2016, 6:15 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The amount to be returned and the time of return were negotiated during the talks with Iran about the cessation of nuclear weapon development. The money was not property of the USA, but were funds given the U.S. by the Shah, to purchase weaponry, before his ouster. The funds were frozen when Iran and the U.S. did not have diplomatic relations (following the capture of the American embassy and its employees when Tehran fell to the Ayatollah.

What Obama's government did, was make sure the funds were not released to Iran until the four American hostages were set free.

Was that the same as paying a ransom to Iran to secure the release of U.S. citizens being held there? Probably -- depending on your viewpoint. Is it ransom when you pay a country their money to release your citizens? The problem for Obama is the incredibly stupid way the issue was put before the U.S. press. The reality, is we lost zero of our money in the deal and got our people free.

Not a bad deal, and nowhere near the same as the real ransom Reagan paid (in anti-tank missiles) to secure the release of the 400 US hostages being held by Iran for some two years after the Shah was ousted.

Reality.

27Another Obama lie unearthed - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Obama lie unearthed 8/20/2016, 6:19 pm

Yes... you got the leftist talkingpoint exactly correct. Congratulations comrade.

28Another Obama lie unearthed - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Obama lie unearthed 8/20/2016, 6:35 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Yes... you got the leftist talkingpoint exactly correct. Congratulations comrade.

I expressed my opinion; to me it was a good deal and a smart move. To you it was terrible because it amounted to paying Iran a ransom for hostages. Same as Reagan did. LOL

29Another Obama lie unearthed - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Obama lie unearthed 8/20/2016, 6:41 pm

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Yes... you got the leftist talkingpoint exactly correct. Congratulations comrade.

I expressed my opinion; to me it was a good deal and a smart move.  To you it was terrible because it amounted to paying Iran a ransom for hostages.  Same as Reagan did.  LOL

Wrong... read the thread... starting with the title. Then perhaps we can have a discussion... or you can just blather more Rhodes propaganda rubbish. Whatever... I'm used to it.

30Another Obama lie unearthed - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Obama lie unearthed 8/20/2016, 6:47 pm

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:Lol... more leftist new speak:

"How is our not releasing their money until the prisoners were free a ransom?"

Believe me... there isn't an explanation on earth that can crack their group think loop.

So true.

Progressives describe exactly what happened, a ransom, and they STILL say it wasn't a ransom.

Why should we expect anything else when the Godfather of the Clinton cabal needs the word "is" defined for him?

31Another Obama lie unearthed - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Obama lie unearthed 8/20/2016, 7:33 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Oh my gosh.... Now Lame Dork poster Markle says a "Clinton Cabal" exists... OMG!!!!!

Another Obama lie unearthed - Page 2 Monkey10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

32Another Obama lie unearthed - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Obama lie unearthed 8/20/2016, 8:08 pm

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Oh my gosh.... Now Lame Dork poster Markle says a "Clinton Cabal" exists... OMG!!!!!

Another Obama lie unearthed - Page 2 Monkey10

Come on, the WORLD has known that for decades and I've posted that for years.

Look at all those convicted due to the Starr investigation.

I guess you could say Mafia but I'm not sure if they have any Italian blood in them and then we have to consider if that term is offensive, you know NOT politically correct.

So much to ponder in a Progressive world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum