Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What will the New Republican Party look like?

+2
Hospital Bob
othershoe1030
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Saul Alinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:
Question.  Did you by chance attend the Escambia County schools?  lol

Nope.

That must be why I would never vote for a dangerous lunatic just to "see what happens".

Well I have to admit that it may be an irrational thing to do. I'm not sure I completely understand it myself.

2seaoat

Nope.

That must be why I would never vote for a dangerous lunatic just to "see what happens".

Bob is a firm believer that his vote for Romney was not crazy enough, he has to up the stakes where nothing matters but hedonism and whats good for me.....if you never gave a chit about anybody but yourself and lived a life void of principles and commitment to your community....of course a vote for Trump makes sense.....and then Bob and She Writes can make fun of the Panhandle politicians who screwed up that make America great again......if only good people would vote based upon moral principle.....but nope.....we have bob wanting to see what happens.....like a very sick child killing and torturing animals to see what happens as their sociopath personality is developed only to blossom as a Trump voter.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Well I have to admit that it may be an irrational thing to do.  I'm not sure I completely understand it myself.

Paul Begala explained it particularly well ....

"I’ve spent my whole life swimming behind that garbage barge of a generation. They ruined everything they’ve passed through and left me in their wake…. At the risk of feeding their narcissism, I believe it’s time someone stated the simple truth: The Baby Boomers are the most self-centered, self-seeking, self-interested, self-absorbed, self-indulgent, self-aggrandizing generation in American history. I hate the Boomers."

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

He's probably right.

But I think the millennials are going to give us a big run for our money on that one.  I won't live long enough to find out so you'll have to let me know when you eventually get down to hell with me.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just looked, Sal, and Begala was born in 61. Officially, anybody born from 46 to 64 is a boomer which makes Begala one himself.

Name me another American generation which is not afraid to take such a self-deprecating look at itself.
The rest of the generations, including yours, are too full of themselves to ever do that.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:Maybe it's because the Escambia County schools didn't teach me anything,  but I could have sworn that...

1.  Donald Trump is not a southerner

and

2.  When the modern thinking (aka "progressive") voters of New York State had a choice of fifteen different candidates to vote for,  including several moderate Republicans,  that 60% of them voted for Trump.  

lol

Keep in mind that New York has a closed primary, which means it was mostly R's voting for that lovely field of 16 people. If Democrats wanted to vote for Trump they would have had to switch parties to do so. Of course perhaps your point was that even Republicans in NY are progressive?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

othershoe1030 wrote:
Bob wrote:Maybe it's because the Escambia County schools didn't teach me anything,  but I could have sworn that...

1.  Donald Trump is not a southerner

and

2.  When the modern thinking (aka "progressive") voters of New York State had a choice of fifteen different candidates to vote for,  including several moderate Republicans,  that 60% of them voted for Trump.  

lol

Keep in mind that New York has a closed primary, which means it was mostly R's voting for that lovely field of 16 people. If Democrats wanted to vote for Trump they would have had to switch parties to do so. Of course perhaps your point was that even Republicans in NY are progressive?

The forum troll continually claims that it's the south that's racist and reactionary and the proof of it is the south is what supports a racist and reactionary like Trump.  Always implying that the people north of the Mason Dixon are above all that.  

In response,  I pointed out that Trump IS NOT a southerner,  AND,  that 60% of the New York State Republican voters chose a racist and reactionary over 15 other candidates some of which are not at all racist and reactionary.  
Which just destroys the troll's claims that all this support for a racist and reactionary is coming only from the South.  That was my point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum