Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump campaign needs cash

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trump campaign needs cash Empty Trump campaign needs cash 8/3/2016, 9:34 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/284004-trump-campaign-wants-100000-in-donations-by-end-of-day

The Donald Trump campaign sent its first "emergency" fundraising email to supporters Saturday, seeking to raise at least $100,000 by the end of the day.

That request follows a multimillion-dollar ad blitz launched by likely general election rival Hillary Clinton this week.
"Right now we're facing an emergency goal of $100,000 to help get our ads on the air," the email said. "We need your contribution by 11:59 P.M. Tonight."

"Crooked Hillary is about to invade your TV with ads attacking Mr. Trump. But we're preparing to fight back," it reads, adding the campaign plans to attack Clinton over her role in Benghazi and the FBI probe into her use of a private email server while secretary of State.

Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, this week launched a multimillion-dollar ad blitz in eight swing states, her first geared toward the general election.

Meanwhile, Republican leaders have worried about Trump's fundraising operation as he mounts a general election campaign against Clinton's well-oiled machine.

Several prominent GOP donors have said they would keep their wallets shut this cycle and not support the unconventional candidate.

But Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee, has recently said there's "no reason" for his campaign to raise his previously pledged $1 billion for the general election.

“There’s no reason to raise that,” he said earlier this month. "I just don't think I need nearly as much money as other people need because I get so much publicity."

During the Republican primary, Trump often bragged about his largely "self-funded" campaign, but he's shown increasing willingness to court donors as next month's Republican National Convention in Cleveland draws closer.

2Trump campaign needs cash Empty Re: Trump campaign needs cash 8/3/2016, 9:38 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/trump-sends-out-cringey-emergency-email-begging-supporters-for-100000-says-he-cant-afford-ads/

"...Trump’s campaign, described variously as a “clown car,” a “shit show,” a “disaster,” and “rife with incompetence,” among other choice colorful descriptors has once again proven itself to be one of the worst run campaigns in modern American history. While Hillary Clinton has planned out and executed her campaign strategy with precision and experience, Trump only just recently accepted the fact that he may need money to run his campaign. He also has yet to appoint key campaign leaders because his two top advisers hate each other.

On top of everything else, a large portion of the GOP actively loathes Trump and getting big-time donors to fund the campaign of a man who spent the morning after the worst mass shooting in American history by congratulating himself is becoming impossible. Which leads to Trump’s desperate email plea to his rabid “Trump train” followers. If rational Republicans won’t help Trump raise money, maybe the “poorly educated” would.

Trump’s email comes just days after the Clinton campaign announced they would be rolling out a massive ad buy in swing states – including several historically right-leaning states that only became “swing” states after the Republican Party somehow let Donald Trump become its nominee. Broke and dysfunctional Team Trump has absolutely no way of answering these devastating attack ads.

Adding a hilarious twist to this otherwise cringeworthy situation, Donald Trump recently announced that he would not be following through on his offer to spend $1 billion of his own money on the campaign. The stingy candidate doesn’t even believe in himself enough to put his own money where his very big mouth is. That, I think, pretty much says it all."

3Trump campaign needs cash Empty Re: Trump campaign needs cash 8/3/2016, 10:01 am

2seaoat

Mark Cuban had this guy nailed from the beginning. He is not a billionaire, and probably has less than 200 million. I got a trump fundraising call last week. In Illinois that money is just dumping it down the toilet. He will take the money and put it in his pocket.

I seriously wonder if this man is mentally stable, or in the alternative it appears his only goal was to steal the hate of the southern strategy and destroy the frail Republican coalition. I believe the man is increasingly showing signs of serious personality disorder.

If I was to place a bet, he will exit the race right before the election.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum