Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republicans Feel Dems Stole Their Mojo at Convention

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The Democrats' Republican moment
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/29/politics/democratic-convention-gop-moment-national-security/index.html

(CNN) — Over four flag-waving days in Philadelphia, Democrats stole the Republicans' mojo.

That's how many conservatives felt, at least, watching their opponent's pageant this week in Philadelphia. And it may be enough to sway some of them to cross the aisle on Election Day.

"How can it be that I am standing at my kitchen counter sobbing because of the messages being driven at the DNC?" Republican strategist Rich Galen asked on Twitter. "Where has the GOP gone?"

As Democratic delegates chanted "USA! USA!" and military leaders celebrated America's power, speaker after speaker at the Democratic National Convention struck themes that have long been hallmarks of Republican rhetoric: tributes to service, sacrifice, American leadership and, above all, a repeated reaffirmation of American exceptionalism.

"We have the most powerful military. The most innovative entrepreneurs. The most enduring values -- freedom and equality, justice and opportunity," Hillary Clinton said as she accepted her party's nomination on Thursday night, "We should be so proud that these words are associated with us. That when people hear them, they hear America."

Throughout the convention, Democratic speakers struck optimistic notes, emphasized patriotism and a muscular American presence in the world, messages that happen to have strong appeal for disaffected Republicans and independents.

And the performance drew praise from many Republicans who object to GOP nominee Donald Trump -- particularly those who concentrate on foreign policy and national security, many of whom have been harshly critical of Trump's positions on Russia, NATO, Asia and nuclear weapons, among other issues.

"The Democratic convention was a convention of patriotism this year," wrote Erick Erickson, a conservative radio host and blogger. "Democrats were for you. If you want to be free, the GOP was doom and gloom."

The praise echoed many of the reactions that followed President Barack Obama's speech Wednesday night, when conservatives took to Twitter to praise its optimism and bemoan the fact that a Republican wasn't making it.

John Podhoretz, a former speechwriter for President Ronald Reagan, tweeted that Obama's address "could have been a Reagan speech. Trust me. I know."

......The Democratic convention was "about loving America," said prominent conservative writer Jonah Goldberg, "the Republican convention was about loving Trump. If you didn't love Trump, it offered nothing......"

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

We live in a great country. When my Republican Party gives up to hate and prejudice to create this narrative ......my Party is dying. I love my country. Mr. Khan's sacrifice and his speech brought tears to my eyes and disgust about the ghost Bob, Vector Man, and Markle who spew their hate on this forum. We live in a great diverse democracy which has room under our tent for all..........the dark convention of the white nationalist party is Republican in name only and Abe, Teddy, and Ike are rolling in their graves.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:We live in a great country.   When my Republican Party gives up to hate and prejudice to create this narrative ......my Party is dying.  I love my country.  Mr. Khan's sacrifice and his speech brought tears to my eyes and disgust about the ghost Bob, Vector Man, and Markle who spew their hate on this forum.  We live in a great diverse democracy which has room under our tent for all..........the dark convention of the white nationalist party is Republican in name only and Abe, Teddy, and Ike are rolling in their graves.

Mr. Khan calls on Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan to repudiate Donald Trump ...

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/slain-soldier-s-dad-gop-should-call-out-trump-735109699658

His is a very powerful and very American voice.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

REPUBLICAN MOJO:

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
REPUBLICAN MOJO:

Good video. They passionately hated President Obama. I wonder how and from what direction they will channel their hatred at President Clinton45?

I think PaceDog might have returned to our forum..... It will be interesting to see how his Hillary-Hate is channeled and delivered. Will he hate the woman more than he hated the black man? Their hatred extends beyond just ideology.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum