Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Linda....are you going to write a letter to the girlfriend's employer about her uppity attitude and disrespect of the police?

+3
Vikingwoman
RealLindaL
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Sal

Sal

Hallmarkgard wrote:Do you imply that Donald Sapp was not a real person and did not  at the Shipyard with us?  

Certainly not.

It sounds exactly like something in which Pensacoleans would take pride.

Totally in character.

Hallmarkgard

No. you dumb shit. He surpassed our standards. His actions took things to a new level. He was a strong a man of convictions and principles and proved against all odds that great things could happen if you did not wavier. We learned from him. If we had violated his rights he would not have been hired and if he was, he would never had been able to advance. He taught us.

"hurrah for the heroic white man " LOL You missed the part where our employees were about 50% Asian? You should have said something about the "Fucking Gooks
"

Sal

Sal

Hallmarkgard wrote:No. you dumb shit. He surpassed our standards.  His actions took things to a new level.  He was a strong a man of convictions and principles and proved against all odds that great things could happen if you did not wavier.  We learned from him.  If we had violated his rights he would not have been hired and if he was, he would never had been able to advance.  He taught us.  

"hurrah for the heroic white man "  LOL  You missed the part where our employees were about 50% Asian?  You should have said something about the "Fucking Gooks
"

I don't use that type of racial slur.

But, then I don't tell stories that imply that if only black people would stop being so lazy and stupid and act right, racism would be dead.

I get it bro, he was a credit to his race.

Hallmarkgard

"I get it bro, he was a credit to his race" Well.. you got it. The Human race.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Just the opposite Hallmark.   There is no bravery or courage to play in this sandbox as an actual person.  It does however take dedication to make our community better to write viewpoints in the PNJ.   I have always respected Linda's attempt to clarify beach issues in the PNJ where misinformation and downright lies existed, but for her viewpoints countering the same.  I have complimented her over the years for the same, because those acts were good acts.   However, when she sends a cowardly letter to another commissioner wanting a person who was wrongfully stopped in his neighborhood to be removed from office because he was offensive and rude, the letter was a cowardly act and wrong.   Every good person at some time has done something wrong.   We all at first try to rationalize that wrong.  Usually over time people realize they have done something wrong and apologize.   How can Linda apologize when she still thinks the letter was a good act when she never had that courage you want to assign to her to write the commissioner directly or call him disapproving of his conduct, and entering into an honest conversation with a black man driving in America.  No it is easier to cast me as an evil bad person than to reconsider the act of that letter.   I get it.  I will remain an evil person.   You and I however get it.  We know at times both of us have been wrong, but in the discussion we do find truths and with passion the truth often does surface.   Linda for years always questioned my angle or purpose in discussions of beach issues because I had left the beach......again leaving the purity of discussion of ideas and trying to assign a box to put me........she has found that box and has found balance......it is the toilet. scratch

Oatie that is so wrong. It actually does take bravery and courage to play in this sandbox as an actual person. You don't have it and neither do I as I live in this town and don't want to embarrass my children otherwise I wouldn't give a shit. Here you are calling out someone for being a coward when you yourself are hiding behind a screen name. At least she had the courage to put her name on her letter as to her opinion of his behavior and there's nothing cowardly about that. That was her opinion and personally I agree the guy was an ass whether black or white. He should have behaved as a role model being a commissioner and that was the point.

Hallmarkgard

Damn sure interesting when you tell a story about a person that changed your out look and beliefs and have great esteem for is some how misconstrued into a tale of a person who was "Victimized". Makes you wonder what factors could cause such a divide. Could it be peoples pre conceived ideas about how people in different geographical location should act? Maybe my Race? Who knows?

Sal .. How in the Fuck did you get "But, then I don't tell stories that imply that if only black people would stop being so lazy and stupid and act right, racism would be dead" from my post? Are you hearing voices? You may have "Oatist" and only see what is bothering you.

Sal

Sal

Hallmarkgard wrote:
Sal .. How in the Fuck did you get "But, then I don't tell stories that imply that if only black people would stop being so lazy and stupid and act right, racism would be dead"  from my post?

That's the implication of every single "and he was a credit to his race" story.

I understand that you aren't capable of seeing it, and that is part and parcel of who you are and where you're from.

Hallmarkgard

that is part and parcel of who you are and where you're from...........Ok Who am I? Tell me why I think like I do..

Sal

Sal

Hallmarkgard wrote:that is part and parcel of who you are and where you're from...........Ok  Who am I?  Tell me why I think like I do..

You were born and raised in one of the most deeply racist parts of the country at a time when racism was socially acceptable in that region, and you think that telling a "and he was a credit to his race" story has something to add to a dialogue regarding race relations.

That's all I need to know.

The magical race card with secret properties that only leftists may understand and wield. Lol... what a fucking sham.

Hallmarkgard

LOL  "That's all I need to know."   I really thought you could hold a better discussion than this... Carry on...........................

Sal

Sal

Hallmarkgard wrote:LOL  "That's all I need to know."   I really thought you could hold a better discussion than this... Carry on...........................

If you'd like to have a discussion, why don't you tell us to what end you posted your "and he was a credit to his race" story?

What exactly was that supposed to illuminate?

Hallmarkgard

It was a tribute to a damn good man.  

Last edited by Hallmarkgard on 7/8/2016, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Hallmarkgard wrote:It was a tribute to a damn good man.  

My mistake.

I thought you were trying to say something more broadly about "race relations" ...

... perhaps, because you said as much.

Care to elaborate?

Hallmarkgard

Sure. What would you like to know? You have trouble understanding a positive comment about a good person?

Hallmarkgard

You are very boring Mr Sal.  Your being able to disseminate my thoughts and view points by noting my place and date of birth leaves much to be desired.  Take care..  As you said.  I know all I need to know"

Sal

Sal

Well, first you tell us this ...

Hallmarkgard wrote:
In our current society they is no proper way to critique the behaviour or actions  of a black person by a white person.  

And, then you tell us that you are going to say something regarding "race relations" and launch immediately into your "and he was a credit to his race" story.

Now, wouldn't it be reasonable to infer that you are saying that if African-Americans would only conform to your subjective standard for good behavior as illustrated by your "and he was a credit to his race" story, then race relations would improve?

I'm sure that is what you were trying to say, but it's like pulling teeth.

Care to elaborate?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I will ask Linda this: When Bob Solarsky plowed into cars in a mall parking lot, did you write a letter asking for him to be fired? When former Supt. of Schools Jim Paul was charged with DUI, did you write a letter condemning him? And did it occur to you to do so in either case?

Hallmarkgard

Please show me where I said "he was a credit to his race" Maybe I missed it...

Hallmarkgard

You are reading too much into it. I could really give a shit if people, Black, white , Yellow, or Red conform to my standards. Each person is unique. It is not my job to judge them. They are responsible for their own actions. Racism is not limited to Afro Americans, though they seem to get the most press and attention. It also covers Asian, Latino and others. You have painted me with such a large brush that it is difficult if not impossible to expound on with out going into a lot of my personal experiences. I choose not to do so. Those who know me are not limited to just my Date and place of birth. Believe it or not I have been further than Brewton. LOL Take care. You have a lot to learn...

RealLindaL

I have to agree, Sal, that you're "reading too much" into Hallmark's story, which was, in fact, a very fine tribute to a very good man who, just by being himself, was able to help overcome the serious bigotry closely surrounding him.   It is in fact the very good people of any color "different from mine" -- those who stand out, who are not only leaders and statesmen but just plain real people we're fortunate to know and have touch our lives -- who dissolve the boundaries of race and help eliminate the fears (and thus hatreds) of anything/anyone different, which fears are, as you know, rampant in human nature and the world.  

I, for one, think we need more people -- and more positive stories -- like this in our lives -- the standouts who show us what-for when we harbor fear and hatred.

Think of your own oft-professed admiration for and pride in President Obama.  Hallmark's story could just as well have been about him -- and no one ever accused you of implying that Obama is a "credit to his race."   C'mon, guy, let's be fair here.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I would not know Linda if she sat next to me in a restaurant.   I do not know her name.   I could try to research her past viewpoints and determine who she is, but why?   If we accept like Ben Franklin when posting as a widow in his brother's newspaper, that there is a freedom of ideas where those ideas are not tethered to an individual, a sex, a race, or an angle or agenda.........then in that freedom some amazing things can happen as Franklin discovered.

This is pretty rich.

Seaoat (conveniently?) forgets that he himself outed my identity here after the PNJ published a Viewpoint of mine, complete with full name and photo, regarding the traffic situation on the beach and the insanity of continuing to spend millions in advertising to bring yet more people and cars here when no way can we even handle the already-existing number of arrivals -- we just don't have the infrastructure.

So what happened was, another forum member (who shall remain nameless, as he later apologized  Smile ) started a thread by posting a link to that Viewpoint piece and proceeding to bash me and my husband for locating here and then whining about the conditions.  (Several PNJ article commenters also dumped on us with the familiar B.S. that we beach people want to raise the bridge over the moat and not let anyone else in -- WRONG.)

Anyway, Seaoat -- he who loves to show he knows things others don't -- jumped right in on the forum thread and oh, so sweetly volunteered:  "That is our Linda who participated on the PNJ forum and she participates here from time to time."

Wonderful, I thought at the time, thanks a lot, Sea -- now everyone on this forum knows exactly who I am.  I was really rather pissed but opted not to say a word, since I chose to believe that Sea's outing me was not intentional, but simply a careless (OK, thoughtless)  blunder -- and because I had decided long ago that someday someone would put my screen name and real name together and I just wasn't going to worry about it any longer.  

Besides, Sea went on to say I was smart, and that I was right.   Cool

Still, I do have to say (and thought at the time) it was pretty ironic that he so easily, breezily outed me to the forum members when he himself is so entirely secretive about who  he is.   And all his baloney about its being for a higher cause of freedom of ideas or expression is just that -- baloney.   Thanks to Hallmark for calling him on that.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
I will ask Linda this:  When Bob Solarsky plowed into cars in a mall parking lot, did you write a letter asking for him to be fired?  When former Supt. of Schools Jim Paul was charged with DUI, did you write a letter condemning him?  And did it occur to you to do so in either case?

Bob Solarsky was not an official involved in running my county, so it was entirely none of my business.

I don't even recall knowing much if anything about the supt.'s DUI; probably to my shame, I honestly don't pay much attention to school board people or matters or any more since I have no children of school age.

I DO, however, pay attention to county business, and I don't vote for discourteous bullies.

Look, FT, though I understand (and naturally somewhat resent) your rather unfair implication, I will tell you one thing about me that may or may not help you understand just how disturbed I was at May's behavior:  

I can't stand bullies and I detest people (of ANY RACE -- GET IT??) who lord it over others with unreasonable "discussion" tactics which are not discussion at all but pure and simple ATTACK mode in an attempt to shut up the other person.  

This is NOT the kind of behavior I want to see in a person making governmental decisions that directly affect me and my family.  Can you understand that? BBL, LL

Any other questions for me?

You don't owe these dweebs and their tired old knee jerk race card anything.

It's all they have left to avoid the inconvenient.

Sal

Sal

His intent was clear from context and content.

There is no cure for willful ignorance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum