Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Linda....are you going to write a letter to the girlfriend's employer about her uppity attitude and disrespect of the police?

+3
Vikingwoman
RealLindaL
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:I haven't called anyone a racist.  I have only pointed out the systemic racism in our community and in our society.  I see you don't live by your own mantra.

OK, I must've misinterpreted your remark to Hallmark about racism's being a sickness.   Could've sworn you were talking to his own illness, about how to overcome it.  No??

No, I wasn't, Linda, although I should have clarified that remark. It was a general statement about the nature of racism. Hallmark has been around the block a few times; he knows the score. I wonder where Seaoat is. Seaoat was also raised in the "deep South"; I was raised in South Texas, where some people had a problem with Mexican Americans (or Mexican nationals, who they were happy to hire as day labor for slave wages). The few blacks I knew either played football or lived in a certain part of town. I have told the story about tutoring some of the players in accounting, and about one in particular who asked me for a ride from the bar to the stadium at 2 am, which I was happy to do but was way out of my way, and he called me a racist. Even though that was ridiculous, it made me stop and think, and come to the realization that I didn't want to be that...wasn't that...so in effect, by being a jerk, he did me a favor.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

SheWrites wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Basically, in today's "adult" sandbox, the way to have the upper hand and power is to sit back and deem those you disagree with to be racist.

Shows lack of people skill.  Also shows lack of confidence - the person who feels they are in the almighty seat of casting the racist card is full of themselves.

Love your neighbor as yourself.  

Done with racism if you can do that.

Realize you are not the judge and jury - keep your inflammatory remarks to yourself.  

Peace.

If your remarks are directed at me, I haven't called anyone a racist.  I have only pointed out the systemic racism in our community and in our society.  I see you don't live by your own mantra.

If I am speaking to someone personally on the forum, I address them by name.

This was an open post stating my general opinion.
lol! lol! lol!

Vikingwoman

Floridatexan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:I haven't called anyone a racist.  I have only pointed out the systemic racism in our community and in our society.  I see you don't live by your own mantra.

OK, I must've misinterpreted your remark to Hallmark about racism's being a sickness.   Could've sworn you were talking to his own illness, about how to overcome it.  No??

No, I wasn't, Linda, although I should have clarified that remark.  It was a general statement about the nature of racism.  Hallmark has been around the block a few times; he knows the score.  I wonder where Seaoat is.  Seaoat was also raised in the "deep South"; I was raised in South Texas, where some people had a problem with Mexican Americans (or Mexican nationals, who they were happy to hire as day labor for slave wages).  The few blacks I knew either played football or lived in a certain part of town.  I have told the story about tutoring some of the players in accounting, and about one in particular who asked me for a ride from the bar to the stadium at 2 am, which I was happy to do but was way out of my way, and he called me a racist.  Even though that was ridiculous, it made me stop and think, and come to the realization that I didn't want to be that...wasn't that...so in effect, by being a jerk, he did me a favor.

I don't see how he did you a favor by calling you a racist for a non racist reason? I fail to see the logic.

Sal

Sal

I'm wondering about Oats as well.

He hasn't been his usual self lately.

Hope he's just traveling north where it's a little cooler.

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:I'm wondering about Oats as well.

I'm sure we're all wondering and hoping the same, Sal.

Or he could just be checking to see if we'd miss him. (small lol)

Hallmarkgard

The heat got to him.  He is going to get his shots Monday.  Send some positive thoughts his way.  He will probably get pissed at me for posting this, But what’s new?  LOL

RealLindaL

Hallmarkgard wrote:The heat got to him.  He is going to get his shots Monday.  Send some positive thoughts his way.  He will probably get pissed at me for posting this, But what’s new?  LOL

Why would he get pissed at you?  It's not like we didn't all know the heat got to him -- he made that perfectly clear.  (And of course he was nuts to come down here in his condition in the first place.  The heat's hard enough for folks in perfect health.)

Glad he's getting his shots but that's not really news, either -- so again, why would he get pissed?  Just because you broke the mysterious silence and stopped some people from worrying and fretting about him?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thanks Hallmark.

RealLindaL

Yeah, Joani's right. Shoulda just said thanks. So, thanks.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Vikingwoman wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

No, I wasn't, Linda, although I should have clarified that remark.  It was a general statement about the nature of racism.  Hallmark has been around the block a few times; he knows the score.  I wonder where Seaoat is.  Seaoat was also raised in the "deep South"; I was raised in South Texas, where some people had a problem with Mexican Americans (or Mexican nationals, who they were happy to hire as day labor for slave wages).  The few blacks I knew either played football or lived in a certain part of town.  I have told the story about tutoring some of the players in accounting, and about one in particular who asked me for a ride from the bar to the stadium at 2 am, which I was happy to do but was way out of my way, and he called me a racist.  Even though that was ridiculous, it made me stop and think, and come to the realization that I didn't want to be that...wasn't that...so in effect, by being a jerk, he did me a favor.

I don't see how he did you a favor by calling you a racist for a non racist reason? I fail to see the logic.

He made me think, even though I knew he was full of it.

2seaoat

I'm wondering about Oats as well.

I have reached my threshold of disgust with racism in this country and the dog whistles. This coupled with the same being repeatedly reinforced on my recent visit, and then watching citizens gunned down......I guess my tolerance of bigotry and patience is gone. It takes a stronger person than myself to have the grace and patience to ease folks forward into tolerance of diversity. The reality is that young people will have to lead that way, and America is always hopeful with young people living to the ideals of our founding fathers. I am more than very tired in so many ways, and I am not my usual self because the sad reality is old insular white people raised in Jim Crow south are the problem, and I guess in America we simply must wait until the hate dies. I did see young people in KY wearing Trump hats, so youth alone is not the answer. Hopefully I will feel better physically later this week, but I am deeply saddened by the reality I saw last week.

Hallmarkgard

"Old insular white people raised in Jim Crow south are the problem" I dont think I have every read a more idiotic statement.

2seaoat

When I see Mississippi vote for one candidate, Georgia the other, and the old confederacy not vote in a block, I will be seeing America lifting the yoke of hate which has been born by a regional de jure and now de facto lock step. After I had cooled off, I drove to Birmingham to visit Elmwood Cemetery where Bear Bryant is buried less than fifty yards from my family plot.

My Brother had insisted that scripture be put on my mother's headstone "Jesus said to her I am the resurrection and life the one who believes in me will live even though they die John 11:25" So it took months to get her headstone finished and I took some photos of the same. It was quite a ritual going to the cemetery after my grandfather died in 1957. It was a strange ritual that my southern Baptist family would make a weekly visit tending to the plot, planting flowers and clipping weeds. It was a cultural thing I never understood, any more than I could understand the insistence of the full wording of John 11:25 being put on a headstone.

There had been a big family uproar about the positions my aunts and uncles had taken in the plot as my father died in 1962 and when my Uncle died a year ago, they had made the decision that they would be buried south of Birmingham in a predominately white area. You see my aunt and uncle did not like the neighborhood surrounding the once lily white Elmwood cemetery, but in dog whistle polite Southern culture they said they did not want to be buried foot to head, but side by side.

In fact the main road at the entrance had been renamed Martin Luther King drive.......something you see throughout the the country to designate a black area where black people live.......(could you see the main drag on Pensacola Beach being called Martin Luther King Drive)

So I took my photo of the new headstone, and being very tired and hungry because I had not eaten in 24 hours, I stopped at a Macs to get a egg mcmuffin and oatmeal. When I walked in there were thirty customers and all of them were black. A group of them had gathered around the TV as they were showing one of the shootings on CNN......I heard the anger in their voices as they spoke of murder.......I saw the stares as the sole white face in their neighborhood Macdonalds represented all that was evil in this world.....it was not right to transfer that hate to me, but on that morning at that time I had never been more at peace in knowing that this culture of hate like the field of tombstones I had just visited will always have young people who can move beyond how each of us have been indoctrinated. The evil hateful southern culture of my youth and all those visits to the segregated cemetery and neighborhoods around the same had evolved to my sitting in a Macdonalds as the only white face......completely at peace that God's grace can prevail and evil can be defeated......maybe too slow for my life, but evil will not prevail.

Hallmarkgard

LOL Excuse me while I laugh......". .I saw the stares as the sole white face in their neighborhood Macdonalds represented all that was evil in this world" Stay out of the heat, it has fried your brain...

2seaoat

Those same folks have to go home and tell a kid that the world is unfair. That if you drive a vehicle you will be stopped for no reason, and because of the color of your skin, you can be hurt. A southern culture where the dog whistle still blows loud and clear. Where people consistently make excuses for the police, and continue to cast the victims of racism as the bad guys......nothing much changes, just that polite lock step of conformity which I have never found but in the South......where my cousins feared that they may be shunned for not wearing the right clothes to wed church, or that they would remain in a pool after a black kid entered the same.........Skipper used to post about his time in South Boston and how hateful that area was, and to say that racism is ONLY in one region is silly, but my latest Birmingham experience just flooded my memories of Jim Crow Alabama and how little distance this nation has covered.

" When I see Mississippi vote for one candidate, Georgia the other, and the old confederacy not vote in a block, I will be seeing America lifting the yoke of hate which has been born by a regional de jure and now de facto lock step."

This is just his "newspeak" for his adopted agenda to demean and silence any and all that reject his leftist ideology. Pathetic really... that their cause is so flawed that these are tactics of desperation and last resort. Bad ideas fail and deserve rejection.

That is the reality they must avoid at all costs... in order to press on with their group think delusion.

Please, enough already, Seaoat. We get it. You've lived with the guilt of sins of your ancestors down to how and where they were buried. You don't want to be associated with them. You want to be known as the sole white face the customers of Mcdonalds looked upon as the sacrificial lamb.

Gimme a break.

Stop the dramatics.

I mean really... Rolling Eyes

Hallmarkgard

."Birmingham experience just flooded my memories of Jim Crow Alabama and how little distance this nation has covered." How little we have changed? The President is BLACK!!!! Do you think that was even a remote possibly in the 50s or 60s? It was laughable....Kennedy had a hard enough time for just being a Catholic.

2seaoat

I love that she writes cherishes southern culture and all that comes with the same and when I speak the truth it is like fingernails on the chalkboard.....maybe she can teach her grandbaby how to handle the dog whistle and carry on the rich tradition of Huckabee with grits and guns and a place on the beach where there are no black folk. Where I can sit in a church and be told by a minister that the four little girls died because of Northern instigators.......damn maybe I can irritate from within the plastic bubble.......like a fly that just will not go away. The truth just gets our good old boys crazy. Nothing like those carpetbaggers coming down and trying to judge our society.....get out of here.

RealLindaL

SheWrites wrote:Please, enough already, Seaoat.  We get it.  You've lived with the guilt of sins of your ancestors down to how and where they were buried.  You don't want to be associated with them.  You want to be known as the sole white face the customers of Mcdonalds looked upon as the sacrificial lamb.

Gimme a break.

Stop the dramatics.

I mean really... Rolling Eyes

cheers cheers cheers

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:a place on the beach where there are no black folk..

See my response to this bigotry-filled lie under the "Never saw I 65 so crowded" thread.

2seaoat wrote:I love that she writes cherishes southern culture and all that comes with the same and when I speak the truth it is like fingernails on the chalkboard.....maybe she can teach her grandbaby how to handle the dog whistle and carry on the rich tradition of Huckabee with grits and guns and a place on the beach where there are no black folk.   Where I can sit in a church and be told by a minister that the four little girls died because of Northern instigators.......damn maybe I can irritate from within the plastic bubble.......like a fly that just will not go away.  The truth just gets our good old boys crazy.  Nothing like those carpetbaggers coming down and trying to judge our society.....get out of here.

Good Lord I'm laughing hard.  I wish you could presently see the neighborhood I live in and the races/religions contained within.

You sir are the only person living in a bubble where you are trying to shake your roots out of hatred, bigotry and racism.  It's eating you alive so that's why you are speaking so loudly about a region.

Look to your heart, Seaoat.  Therein lies the only dogwhistle.

One more thing, sir. I never used the term carpetbagger. You called yourself that - wait - you said you were not a carpetbagger. The judgement of a carpetbagger is never the issue. It's their inclination to make money off an otherwise poor region for their own profit.

Honestly I don't think you are any of the names coming up in any of these posts. You're just yanking folks around and it gives you some type of odd pleasure.

Good day, Seaoat. I hope your shots do well for you and you see more days of celebration with your grands.

BTW, my grandbaby is doing well. Almost crawling. Such a joy.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Those same folks have to go home and tell a kid that the world is unfair.   That if you drive a vehicle you will be stopped for no reason, and because of the color of your skin, you can be hurt.  A southern culture where the dog whistle still blows loud and clear.  Where people consistently make excuses for the police, and continue to cast the victims of racism as the bad guys......nothing much changes, just that polite lock step of conformity which I have never found but in the South......where my cousins feared that they may be shunned for not wearing the right clothes to wed church, or that they would remain in a pool after a black kid entered the same.........Skipper used to post about his time in South Boston and how hateful that area was, and to say that racism is ONLY in one region is silly, but my latest Birmingham experience just flooded my memories of Jim Crow Alabama and how little distance this nation has covered.

You overdo it Oatie. That's your problem like in the Lumon May case. As Joani aptly pointed out May was driving a darkly tinted truck where you couldn't see who was in it yet you're yelling racism where there was none. You can't be a credible advocate when you're always race baiting.

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:You overdo it Oatie. That's your problem like in the Lumon May case. As Joani aptly pointed out May was driving a darkly tinted truck where you couldn't see who was in it yet you're yelling racism where there was none. You can't be a credible advocate when you're always race baiting.

Showing my age, I'll say "Right on, VW."     cheers

2seaoat

You can't be a credible advocate when you're always race baiting.

Credible with who........like commissioner May had to be credible to the lynch Mob.....now that is truly funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum