Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strange...not a word from our Progressives on another Islamic Terrorist Attack, this one in Baghdad.

+3
Sal
Hospital Bob
Markle
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Strange...not a word from our Progressives on another Islamic Terrorist Attack, this one in Baghdad.

Baghdad terror attack deadliest since 2003

Car bomb attacks hit shopping districts in Baghdad
The Lead

Twin car bombings in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad have killed more than 120 people. CNN's Ben Wedeman reports.Source: CNN

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/07/04/iraq-baghdad-isis-attacks-starr-lead.cnn

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Huh?  You say I'm a progressive and I put up a thread about it even before you did.

Sal

Sal

If only there was a secular minded Sunni strongman in place who could control these disparate radical factions, and who we could effectively contain and control ...

... oops.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:If only there was a secular minded Sunni strongman in place who could control these disparate radical factions, and who we could effectively contain and control ...

... oops.

In other words,  you agree with THE 1991 Dick Cheney...

DAVID BRINKLEY: "One other question — it keeps coming up. Why didn’t we go to Baghdad and clean it all up while we were there?"

Sec. CHENEY: "Well, just as it’s important, I think, for a president to know when to commit U.S. forces to combat, it’s also important to know when not to commit U.S. forces to combat. I think for us to get American military personnel involved in a civil war inside Iraq would literally be a quagmire."

"Once we got to Baghdad, what would we do? Who would we put in power? What kind of government would we have? Would it be a Sunni government, a Shi’a government, a Kurdish government? Would it be secular, along the lines of the Ba’ath Party?"

"Would it be fundamentalist Islamic? I do not think the United States wants to have U.S. military forces accept casualties and accept the responsibility of trying to govern Iraq. I think it makes no sense at all."

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:In other words,  you agree with THE 1991 Dick Cheney...

DAVID BRINKLEY: "One other question — it keeps coming up. Why didn’t we go to Baghdad and clean it all up while we were there?"

Sec. CHENEY: "Well, just as it’s important, I think, for a president to know when to commit U.S. forces to combat, it’s also important to know when not to commit U.S. forces to combat. I think for us to get American military personnel involved in a civil war inside Iraq would literally be a quagmire."

"Once we got to Baghdad, what would we do? Who would we put in power? What kind of government would we have? Would it be a Sunni government, a Shi’a government, a Kurdish government? Would it be secular, along the lines of the Ba’ath Party?"

"Would it be fundamentalist Islamic? I do not think the United States wants to have U.S. military forces accept casualties and accept the responsibility of trying to govern Iraq. I think it makes no sense at all."

I hope there is no state funeral for Dick Cheney when his transplanted ticker makes its last beat.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:"I do not think the United States wants to have U.S. military forces accept casualties and accept the responsibility of trying to govern Iraq. I think it makes no sense at all."

Cheney must totally lack the virtue of hindsight!

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Huh?  You say I'm a progressive and I put up a thread about it even before you did.

Sorry, my Progressive good friend, I searched for both Baghdad and another search for terror and nothing came up.

Perhaps your headline was misleading. I've still not found whatever it was.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Salinsky wrote:If only there was a secular minded Sunni strongman in place who could control these disparate radical factions, and who we could effectively contain and control ...

... oops.

Wasn't that before BOTH acts of war on the World Trade Center?

2seaoat

You want us to declare war on ideas, and give another 7 trillion to MIC, when 4k humans are dying each day in China from pollution, and storm drains in Miami beach are flooding with salt water on the streets........no you have posted such evil and wrong information on this forum, I honestly do not know how you can shave in the morning. Clean air, Clean water, higher taxes on the 1%, lower tuition for students, universal health care, and massive investments in our infrastructure as America takes back our country from Evil.....Thank God there are American Heroes like George Will and Senator Lee from Utah......American heroes who understand the stuff you have been selling here for 8 years is death and corruption.

Bob has questioned my Republican credentials for two years, and Pace called me a rino......but real republicans are going to take our party the party of Lincoln back from the Dixiecrats and haters, and to that end Trump is a messenger of evil and the pinnacle of hate and fascism.......he may in fact be the Republican Party's salvation as it will reform and like the whigs maybe be called something new......but it will not have the current Dixiecrat configuration where they ply for more federal dollars for their broke asz states, more federal welfare, more military bases, and then actively try to destroy the federal government......America is done with that hate.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:

... oops.

Yes it was. Just like it was an act of war to attack Pearl Harbor.
The difference with WW2, however, is that we didn't retaliate by attacking Korea.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Wasn't that before BOTH acts of war on the World Trade Center?

Please tell us how the attacks on the World Trade Center are related to terrorism in Iraq....

Please tell us why invading Iraq was necessary after the Twin Towers were destroyed on 9/11/2001--How was Saddam Hussein connected to those attacks?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

UGKTUBM"

[color=#333399]I hope there is no state funeral for Dick Cheney when his transplanted ticker makes its last beat.
[/quote]

I would hope for that too, but don't worry, all those sorry son of a bitches get treated like royalty when they croak and this one won't be any different.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:

... oops.

Yes it was.  Just like it was an act of war to attack Pearl Harbor.
The difference with WW2,  however, is that we didn't retaliate by attacking Korea.  

cheers

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

If you think about it, Islamic terrorists are the biggest threat to Saudi Arabia and Iran. Why don't we get the fuck out of the Mideast and Afghanistan, and North Africa, and let the Muslims decide who wins?

Why do we have to fight and pay for their wars? Please .. Someone???

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:Wasn't that before BOTH acts of war on the World Trade Center?

Please tell us how the attacks on the World Trade Center are related to terrorism in Iraq....

Please tell us why invading Iraq was necessary after the Twin Towers were destroyed on 9/11/2001--How was Saddam Hussein connected to those attacks?

You left out Afghanistan and that it is a war on terror.

You're just too desperate.

Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq
PLEASE NOTE THIS SITE IS NOW AN ARCHIVE, AND IS NO LONGER UPDATED.
For information on Iraq since May 2003, please visit www.iraqanalysis.org

UN Security Council resolutions relating to Iraq

The list below is out of date. For resolutions since 2004, please see Iraqanalysis.org

The following is a complete list of Security Council Resolutions (SCRs) involving Iraq. The overwhelming majority of resolution since 1990 relate to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait and subsequent developments. The resolutions deemed particularly important are indicated in bold. A full list of SCRs is available here. Guides to the SCRs relating to Iraq are maintained by the Federation of American Scientists (here) and the UN's Office of the Iraq Programme (here); a further compilation of SCRs on Iraq is maintained by Saleh Iraq site (here). The Office of the Spokesman for the Secretary-General has a brief guide to the resolutions on all the UN sanctions regimes, Use of sanctions under Chapter VII of the UN Charter.

2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991 | 1990 | pre-1990 resolutions on Iraq | Zimbabwe resolutions

http://www.casi.org.uk/info/scriraq.html

Security Council Resolution
1441 and the Potential Use
of Force Against Iraq
Nathaniel Hurd

http://www.casi.org.uk/info/hurd021206.pdf

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Question: How many terrorist attacks have the ragheads done in Brazil?

Answer: None because Brazil isn't in the middle east fucking with the ragheads.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Question:  How many terrorist attacks have the ragheads done in Brazil?

Answer:  None because Brazil isn't in the middle east fucking with the ragheads.

Wow...instantly changing the subject. I'm impressed.

Don't speak too soon.  The Olympics in Rio could likely be a disaster in and by themselves.  If you believe that ISIS would overlook that opportunity, if at all possible, you are a fool.

Report: ISIS Recruiting ‘Lone Wolf’ Jihadists in Brazil to Attack 2016 Olympics

by FRANCES MARTEL  23 Mar 2015

The Brazilian government is preparing to thwart attempts by the Islamic State to recruit young Brazilian citizens to orchestrate “lone wolf” attacks in the Latin American nation, particularly during the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympics.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/03/23/report-isis-recruiting-lone-wolf-jihadists-in-brazil-to-attack-2016-olympics/

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:Question:  How many terrorist attacks have the ragheads done in Brazil?

Answer:  None because Brazil isn't in the middle east fucking with the ragheads.

Wow...instantly changing the subject.  I'm impressed.

Don't speak too soon.  The Olympics in Rio could likely be a disaster in and by themselves.  If you believe that ISIS would overlook that opportunity, if at all possible, you are a fool.

The Brazilian government is preparing to thwart attempts by the Islamic State to recruit young Brazilian citizens to orchestrate “lone wolf” attacks in the Latin American nation, particularly during the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympics.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/03/23/report-isis-recruiting-lone-wolf-jihadists-in-brazil-to-attack-2016-olympics/

Why won't you tell us how you would handle the ISIS challenge? We're all ears ...

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Why won't you tell us how you would handle the ISIS challenge?  We're all ears ...

Of course, even you don't expect or have a clue as to an answer.

It is not unlike having hired a contractor to build your home. He has great ideas and you give him the contract. Half way through, the foundation is poured, the plumbing has been roughed in, the house is framed up, the roof is on but not dried in as yet.

Then, cracks begin to show up in the foundation. At first, just hairline expansion cracks...you think. Then they get larger and there is a differential between the two sides of the foundation as the cracks get larger still.

You do your own research and find out that not only did the foundation concrete have too much water, it was poured on a soft, untamped foundation. Contractor says oops...I've go a job in Canada and I'm outa here.

Is it now easier to tear down the whole thing and start over or try to repair the poor workmanship?

MY suggestion was that you had picked the wrong contractor in the first place but you were enamored by his name and demanded to go against everyone who told you it was a bad decision.

Now, after you refused to listen to reason from day one, you want US to fix your screw up.

Sure, it can be fixed, just don't whine and moan about the price.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Why won't you tell us how you would handle the ISIS challenge?  We're all ears ...

It is not unlike having hired a contractor to build your home.  He has great ideas and you give him the contract.  Half way through, the foundation is poured, the plumbing has been roughed in, the house is framed up, the roof is on but not dried in as yet.  

Then, cracks begin to show up in the foundation.  At first, just hairline expansion cracks...you think.  Then they get larger and there is a differential between the two sides of the foundation as the cracks get larger still.

You do your own research and find out that not only did the foundation concrete have too much water, it was poured on a soft, untamped foundation.  Contractor says oops...I've go a job in Canada and I'm outa here.

Is it now easier to tear down the whole thing and start over or try to repair the poor workmanship?

MY suggestion was that you had picked the wrong contractor in the first place but you were enamored by his name and demanded to go against everyone who told you it was a bad decision.  

Now, after you refused to listen to reason from day one, you want US to fix your screw up.

TRANSLATION: Political hack has no fucking clue.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

It is not unlike having hired a contractor to build your home.  He has great ideas and you give him the contract.  Half way through, the foundation is poured, the plumbing has been roughed in, the house is framed up, the roof is on but not dried in as yet.  

Then, cracks begin to show up in the foundation.  At first, just hairline expansion cracks...you think.  Then they get larger and there is a differential between the two sides of the foundation as the cracks get larger still.

You do your own research and find out that not only did the foundation concrete have too much water, it was poured on a soft, untamped foundation.  Contractor says oops...I've go a job in Canada and I'm outa here.

Thank you for once again proving that while you love to bitch and whine about something you don't like, you are amazingly unable to come up with any solutions. You must have flunked creativity in Kindergarten ... LOL!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle believes the solution to everything is simply to elect Republicans. He learned that from that great thinker Steve Doocy.

Markle

Markle

The first thing we need is a LEADER in the White House.

For the past 7 1/2 years, we've had a "President" who prides himself on LEADING FROM BEHIND. This is also the President who promised us that he would bring the races together and be loved by the Muslims.

Now we hear that is leaving more of our troops in danger in Afghanistan than he promised when he took office and as recent as less than a year ago.

His plan worked so well in Iraq that we now have ISIS all over the Middle East and now Western Europe and the United States. Quite a plan!

TOLD to not take all our troops out of Iraq, being a superior military strategist, he ignored all his advisors and pulled them all out.

Now, he's sending them back in and lying to us about what they are doing.

So, the answer to anyone's question about what to do about ISIS is obvious. just do the opposite of everything done by our Lame Duck "President".

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:The first thing we need is a LEADER in the White House.  

For the past 7 1/2 years, we've had a "President" who prides himself on LEADING FROM BEHIND.  This is also the President who promised us that he would bring the races together and be loved by the Muslims.

Now we hear that is leaving more of our troops in danger in Afghanistan than he  promised when he took office and as recent as less than a year ago.

His plan worked so well in Iraq that we now have ISIS all over the Middle East and now Western Europe and the United States.  Quite a plan!

TOLD to not take all our troops out of Iraq, being a superior military strategist, he ignored all his advisors and pulled them all out.  

Now, he's sending them back in and lying to us about what they are doing.

So, the answer to anyone's question about what to do about ISIS is obvious.  just do the opposite of everything done by our Lame Duck "President".

It hurts me to say it, but this time I agree with you. We shouldn't send any more troops to Iraq, we should get them the hell out and let the Muslims settle their own problems! That would be the opposite of what Obama has done. Reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum