Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Cuban.....Trump cannot self fund, he only has 160 million

+2
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Mark Cuban said he has only sued somebody twice in his life, and that was just for giggles, and he pays his bills because otherwise it would be embarrassing. A general election campaign is going to take 700 million, and Trump according to Cuban who looked at his financial filings cannot pay for a campaign. He will have ad saturation against him on swing states and this could end up a massacre if big donors do not quickly step up and help him. Cuban is snickering at Trump claiming he has been successful.....as he said.....anybody can claim to be worth so much, but it takes money.....and Trump apparently after months of him telling the world he can self finance.....is near broke.......I guess Trump is low energy........

If history is any indicator... leftists will leak it before long. Funny how that works... eh?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I predict this will be the worst defeat for a presidential candidate in U.S. history.
The party bigwigs better hope they can get an actual authentic candidate and dump this idiot.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:I predict this will be the worst defeat for a presidential candidate in U.S. history.
The party bigwigs better hope they can get an actual authentic candidate and dump this idiot.

I have been saying for the last two years that you will not see another GOP president until at least 2024. I think it will swing back to Republicans then, and let's just hope they do not give us a crazy person.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

It was funny at his Virginia rally where he would have been expected to fill the venue.......the place was empty, and many of the people who were there were employees of a Virginia winery and golf club he owns.........he was trying to get free publicity for both and actually brought the manager of the winery up on the stage........Elizabeth Warren said it best.....this man has NEVER served anybody but himself. We will see if he gets donations, but the hard core southern white males without a college education are overwhelmingly supporting this evil person......Bob.....you think I am the one with the problem by pointing out where his base is from.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob.....you think I am the one with the problem  by pointing out where his base is from.

The problem,  seaoat,  is your bigotry toward the South.  And in this case more particularly Florida.  And even more predictably the Florida panhandle.
I think I already responded to you and pointed out that Trump didn't get to be the nominee by only winning in Florida.  He won big in New York and Pennsylvania too.  And in many other states which are outside the Mason Dixon.

I really have to ask,  if you dislike the Florida panhandle so much why do you choose to live here.  
You're from Illinois.  
I don't like South Chicago any more than you like the Florida panhandle.  And notice you don't see me living in South Chicago.  In the words of Daniel Chump or whatever that freak's name is,  that,  I can tell you.  lol

2seaoat

Because the folks who are fighting for justice in the South are the best people and the most courageous people I have ever met. The folks who go to church every week, but have the courage to not follow the herd. Some of the smartest people I have ever met, were not college educated folks, but friends of my family who grew up in the south and learned to do the right thing in the face of incredible risk......My aunt was one of those type of people....imperfect, and alcoholic, smoker, rough and crude at times, but she helped people.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Because the folks who are fighting for justice in the South are the best people and the most courageous people I have ever met.   The folks who go to church every week, but have the courage to not follow the herd.  Some of the smartest people I have ever met, were not college educated folks, but friends of my family who grew up in the south and learned to do the right thing in the face of incredible risk......My aunt was one of those type of people....imperfect, and alcoholic, smoker, rough and crude at times, but she helped people.

In other words your response is "some of my best friends are southerners".
I think I've heard a variation of that before. lol

2seaoat

Actually, not one of my best friends are southerners......not one, but I have Mexican, Muslim, and black friends. I must say I enjoy playing poker in Pensacola, and honestly, I have not done very well in Pensacola because how tight retired military play, and I guess my neighbors became friends, but a strange trend in those southern friends.....they almost all came from somewhere else. Kansas, Iowa, Ky, and Illinois, but now dedicated Panhandlers after living here for 30 years. The closest friend I had was a Pensacola born pilot who was my neighbor for five years, but who passed last year....he was an intelligent fair minded man who I would sit for hours talking with......he liked the idea of how hard I worked as he would visit me as I cleared four lots and built mounds for new Fema elevations. He told me great stories and left to be with his daughter in NC, and sadly passed with a heart condition. There is an old timer Milton resident whose family has been in the area since the civil war, and he is growing on me, but we just do not see each other that much as I am seriously slowing down.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Actually, not one of my best friends are southerners......not one.

Well see that's one way you and I differ.  My best friend (my girlfriend) is a yankee from New Jersey.  

But what you pointed out elsewhere in that post is so true.  Most of the "southerners" you know came here from somewhere else.
A good number of my "southern" friends are transplants from outside the region too.

That's the fallacy of stereotyping "southerners".  It now really depends on whether you're talking about the rural south or the more urban south.
That's because the urban south has now been infiltrated by so many from outside the region.
East Hill (and the people in it) where I live is a perfect example of that and it's starkly different from anything in the rural south.
And no, Pace/Milton is not the urban South.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way,  Friday a week ago Carl Gallups came on his Milton radio show and said "I've given three different radio interviews today and I issued a challenge to anyone from the LGBT community to call and debate homosexuality with me and no one took me me up on the challenge.
Upon hearing that I realized that someone needed to take up that challenge.
I then called and was on the radio with him for over a half hour.  You missed it.
If nothing else,  I think I got it across to him and his audience of right-wing evangelicals that I don't fit their stereotype of me anymore than I fit your stereotype of a southerner.

2seaoat

And no, Pace/Milton is not the urban South.

....but it is my childhood in North Birmingham......going to my grandmothers Southern Baptist church for Sunday school, and sitting on my grandparent's front porch as neighbors would sit and discuss the world, and politics......at five years old there are not Yankees or rebs.....just people you love, when I gave a big hug to the black handyman at my grandparents house, it was because he made my childhood interesting, taking the time to show me things, and explore my grandfather's flowers and greenhouse. My grandfather was a strong tough railroad engineer who raised bees and flowers, and was a tough guy, who would spend hours on his flowers.....it was a beautiful childhood of loving people, and I find that same comfort with people from Milton.....not so much pace.....pace is where phonies and posers seem to live......Milton is real people.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Trust me, seaoat, you will never see anything like this in Milton...

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2016/06/11/weeklong-event-features-music-film-authors-and-more/85699988/

The only thing you'll see in Milton is people on WEBY telling you God is going to send all these people to hell. lol

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:And no, Pace/Milton is not the urban South.

....but it is my childhood in North Birmingham......going to my grandmothers Southern Baptist church for Sunday school, and sitting on my grandparent's front porch as neighbors would sit and discuss the world, and politics......at five years old there are not Yankees or rebs.....just people you love, when I gave a big hug to the black handyman at my grandparents house, it was because he made my childhood interesting, taking the time to show me things, and explore my grandfather's flowers and greenhouse.   My grandfather was a strong tough railroad engineer who raised bees and flowers, and was a tough guy, who would spend hours on his flowers.....it was a beautiful childhood of loving people, and I find that same comfort with people from Milton.....not so much pace.....pace is where phonies and posers seem to live......Milton is real people.

All the rednecks and lowlifes live in Milton.

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Bob wrote:I predict this will be the worst defeat for a presidential candidate in U.S. history.

I have been saying for the last two years that you will not see another GOP president until at least 2024. I think it will swing back to Republicans then, and let's just hope they do not give us a crazy person.

Maybe longer than 2024 if their candidates don't improve after this year.

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:By the way,  Friday a week ago Carl Gallups came on his Milton radio show and said "I've given three different radio interviews today and I issued a challenge to anyone from the LGBT community to call and debate homosexuality with me and no one took me me up on the challenge.
Upon hearing that I realized that someone needed to take up that challenge.
I then called and was on the radio with him for over a half hour.  You missed it.
If nothing else,  I think I got it across to him and his audience of right-wing evangelicals that I don't fit their stereotype of me anymore than I fit your stereotype of a southerner.  

Phooey, Bob! I really hate that I missed that! I'll bet you did a great job. But I can only stand listening to Freedom Friday with Carl Gallups for about two minutes tops before I start to gag and have to turn to another station.

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:All the rednecks and lowlifes live in Milton.

And don't forget Cantonment, home of the Confederate flag flying "in your face" on one's pickup truck.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Vikingwoman wrote:All the rednecks and lowlifes live in Milton.

In 1976 I was stationed at Whiting Field, undergoing flight training. Milton was like a one-street backwater of a town then, with not even one fast-food joint or decent retail outlet (I think there was a K-Mart and Piggly Wiggly store, but the place was small). My roommate and I were both from California, and he was from the liberal SF Bay area and was a graduate of UC Berkley.

We were driving up Hwy 191 to return to the base one Saturday, and we got stopped by the Milton Police when we got up to the intersection of 191 and Hwy 90. The police were stopping all traffic along Hwy 90, allowing no road traffic to enter the highway. Suddenly, a long line of robed Klansmen exited the old Mason Hall (to our right), crossed directly in front of us,  and walked in a column west down the center of the highway. My roommate started to roll his window down to yell "BIGOTS!!" but I calmed him down. I didn't want to be attacked inside my car or something by these freaks, which I guess were ordinary Santa Rosans.

I wonder how many lynchings took place near Milton, way back in the day?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum