Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

40th anniversary party Sunday

+3
Sal
knothead
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

Before the civil war after church on Sundays folks from a town nine miles on the river would get in this river steam engine paddle boat and come to the islands to picnic and enjoy Sunday afternoons.  Even then the natural beauty was known throughout the Midwest and the fishing was great.
40th anniversary party Sunday - Page 2 Paddle10

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Before the civil war after church on Sundays folks from a town nine miles on the river would get in this river steam engine paddle boat and come to the islands to picnic and enjoy Sunday afternoons.  Even then the natural beauty was known throughout the Midwest and the fishing was great.
40th anniversary party Sunday - Page 2 Paddle10

Are you at liberty to reveal the name of the river, Seaoat?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

As I decline that day is coming. I would love to just open up and tell you about the history of this place, but "Seaoat" has piszed a great many people in government off from the PNJ days, and there are still people who can hurt my project which I suspect I already have been hurt from one person who knows who I am. I need to keep quiet until I am finished with the project hopefully this fall. I will try to take some photos of houses in town which were built before the civil war. If you ever get an opportunity, please visit Galena Illinois where the restoration of buildings from this era is remarkable.

2940th anniversary party Sunday - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th anniversary party Sunday 6/5/2016, 12:57 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:She and I do not need to write anything out.....we are partners in our adventure and are one, and that means getting pized at each other, but we are lucky that as our physical attraction to each other is not as strong as two crazy young twenty something celebrating our youth and bodies to now a more cerebral meld which is far more strong of an attraction.  When I went to Mexico for almost six month going to school, I went through a physical withdrawal which was very difficult, but after about three weeks I realized the physical part was small compared to the cerebral meld we had established, and I came back from Mexico in December 1975 and we were married in June 1976......so she knows I am not the type of man who tries to fool a woman with flowers, candy and BS......I never cheated, and I treated her always as an equal partner, my hugs and actions are better than words........and she tolerates me......which plenty of people can tell you is her only character flaw.

Don't kid yourself. People need to hear the words,  Sea.   Why would you hide that wonderful statement from her?  Isn't SHE the one who deserves to see it, way more than we do?

2seaoat

I read it to her.........that is nice.............could you help me move the picnic table and I am going to go get 12 large bags of ice to cool our beverages......just have to understand she knows by my actions......not mere words......and if you think I mess with people on the forum.......she is one tough lady who loves when I tease her and mess with her.....some who were unsure.....some who lack confidence would get angry......she just gives it back.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I read it to her.........that is nice.............could you help me move the picnic table and I am going to go get 12 large bags of ice to cool our beverages......just have to understand she knows by my actions......not mere words......and if you think I mess with people on the forum.......she is one tough lady who loves when I tease her and mess with her.....some who were unsure.....some who lack confidence would get angry......she just gives it back.

I'm really glad you read it to her and I'm betting it will resonate with her for a long time, whether or not she's able to acknowledge it.   I'm not a psychologist,  but from what you describe of your wife and her childhood, perhaps she sees "teasing her and messing with her" as the expressions of love she can most easily relate to and deal with.  But unless she has a heart of ice she will surely remember and cherish what you told all of us about your admiration for her.  Good for you.   I was afraid I'd have to call you chickenshit for not doing it, but you fooled me once again.  
Goodnight and sweet dreams.

2seaoat

Very windy day at the party.....exactly like forty year ago when it was a bright cool June day with incredible winds....not great for an outdoor party, but people are starting to arrive.......I have the music playing elevator music and I have raised the confederate flag. We want to make our black guests comfortable.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I have the music playing  elevator music and I have raised the confederate flag.  We want to make our black guests comfortable.

Ha ha very funny.  You should've invited Bob, too.

Don't forget to come back and tell us how the party went, wind or no wind.

2seaoat

Great Party, and lots of old photos brought....this one was another camping trip in the wilds of Canada on a canoe trip......youth is over rated.....old sick and tired is so much better.   Great party

40th anniversary party Sunday - Page 2 Campin10

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So glad the party was great.

3640th anniversary party Sunday - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th anniversary party Sunday 6/6/2016, 12:06 am

2seaoat

The best part is that we have friends who are friends of the owners of Silver Oak winery, and they brought the most wonderful bottle of wine. I simply cannot drink now, but I will have two glasses of that wine......it is exquisite and we will have a weekend soon to share that bottle.....about 70 people showed up, and so many good friends who helped celebrate.

We almost had a tragedy. My SIL is a bit of a bull in china shop. He pulled our refrigerator door handle off the first half hour he was here, took the kids on a golf car ride and floored the electric golf cart over very sharp six inch gravel and this eventually resulted in a blown out tire, and then proceed to use one of two golf carts we had rented where the owner had clearly put a decal on the steering wheel where it said "only licensed driers", and proceeded to let my seven year old granddaughter drive the cart. I was furious when I saw this because the causeways are extremely dangerous. We keep a garbage dumpster on the island behind the house which I showed you a photo earlier. As he was putting garbage in the dumpster, the seven year old granddaughter with my other younger granddaughter and my oldest grandson in the cart floors the rental cart and proceeds to go over two of the most dangerous causeway......all the while my SIL screaming and following, but she had seen him floor the cart and was doing what she had been taught and come screeching up to the house having stayed on the road, but fails to lock the golf cart brake as the cart starts rolling to the causeway where there is a 12 foot drop to the river. My granddaughter jumps off and the two younger children are on the back portion of the golf cart. My SIL screaming and running as fast as he can gets there too late, but fortunately I had put office partitions I had to store PVC and lumber and the last one caught the cart before the two kids literally fell to their death. Everybody hid what happen from me because I have no tolerance for stupid with children. I had a long talk with my daughter and said nothing to my son in law.......we were lucky no one died, but children should not be taught to drive off road vehicles without proper training, and it should be in a safe environment before going around dangerous river causeways.

RealLindaL

Good holy grief, Sea, thank goodness tragedy was averted, no thanks to your blankety-blank SIL.

3840th anniversary party Sunday - Page 2 Empty Re: 40th anniversary party Sunday 6/6/2016, 10:46 am

2seaoat

My wife and I spent an hour this morning realizing how we almost lost three of our four grandchildren because of a man child who takes no responsibility for his actions and my daughter continues to enable his immature conduct, while I must be quiet to maintain family harmony. There is something about men 25-40 who just seem to still play video games and act like children. He is a wonderful person, a good father, a caring husband who does grocery shopping, but this generation of participation ribbons and shunning responsibility is so sad........I guess my father dying when I was 10 was painful, but it was a blessing.....a grew up and took responsibility for my actions.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Great Party, and lots of old photos brought....this one was another camping trip in the wilds of Canada on a canoe trip......youth is over rated.....old sick and tired is so much better.   Great party

40th anniversary party Sunday - Page 2 Campin10

I thought you said you are a tall guy.

The woman is two strides down from you on an incline.

If she was on the same level in the photo as you are, she'd be nearly the same height.

Alright, time to come clean, Oats.

Are you married to an amazon, or are you a diminutive little fellar like Gunz?

2seaoat

You look at those legs and butt, and tell me she is an amazon......so sweet to be young.........but you got me......I am five foot three and a half and lost a foot having sex one night.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:You look at those legs and butt,  and tell me she is an amazon......so sweet to be young.........but you got me......I am five foot three and a half and lost a foot having sex one night.

lol! lol!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I am so happy for you and your wife, Seaoat. Happy 40th!!! You have said such great things about her that I feel a real kinship. Your attitude is a lot like my husband's...and we are in our 36th year. Now I'll tell you what we did last week. Let me preface by saying that he is stubborn as it gets, and I knew it was coming. So he had to have a heart procedure that he'd been putting off, first for my daughter's wedding, then for his birthday (same as Mother's Day). His condition was critical. He was admitted Wednesday, had surgery Thursday, and was released on Friday. He feels better now than he has in years. It's times like this that make us both appreciate each other, and our family, even more...and we are blessed...each and every day.

2seaoat

I hope you enjoy each other for years to come and his procedure will allow him to remain feeling good. We were just two kids who went on a life adventure and have had a great deal of fun, and again.....I am so thankful she had older brothers who made her tough because NO average woman could have tolerated me. The folks coming to the party talked about her sainthood.....I guess I pisz folks off with my teasing where ever I go, but she still has a twinkle in her eye and is that sweet little girl sitting in a row boat at 5 dreaming of adventure and the world around her. I am the luckiest man in the world.

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:
I am so happy for you and your wife, Seaoat. Happy 40th!!!  You have said such great things about her that I feel a real kinship.  Your attitude is a lot like my husband's...and we are in our 36th year.  Now I'll tell you what we did last week.  Let me preface by saying that he is stubborn as it gets, and I knew it was coming.  So he had to have a heart procedure that he'd been putting off, first for my daughter's wedding, then for his birthday (same as Mother's Day).  His condition was critical. He was admitted Wednesday, had surgery Thursday, and was released on Friday.  He feels better now than he has in years.  It's times like this that make us both appreciate each other, and our family, even more...and we are blessed...each and every day.

FT, having had two stents already please know you are pretty damn cool to support a stubborn man during his journey, I do hope his 'procedure' was successful and you two can continue to enjoy life each and every day. I am as stubborn as they come but am not stupid enough to believe that I am still bullet proof . . . . . good wishes!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum