Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May our veterans enjoy this weekend meant to honor them

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

When I was in boy scouts we would go to the local graveyard and put flags on all the veteran graves, and set up a table at the entrance with a printed list of those names to visitors. We would be there saturday, sunday, and I remember listening to the Indy on a transistor radio on mondays as we greeted people in our boy scout uniforms and handed out small flags. I put that in perspective now. It was less than twenty years after WWII and before Viet Nam.....when people had some member of the family or neighbor impacted by the war......it was a time of great deference to our veterans.......I am not sure it is the same today. I think politicians give word service, and the nature of the Wars since WWII have changed Americans and their attitudes toward war......but those who sacrificed shall always be honored.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:When I was in boy scouts we would go to the local graveyard and put flags on all the veteran graves, and set up a table at the entrance with a printed list of those names to visitors.  We would be there saturday, sunday, and I remember listening to the Indy on a transistor radio on mondays as we greeted people in our boy scout uniforms and handed out small flags.  I put that in perspective now.  It was less than twenty years after WWII and before Viet Nam.....when people had some member of the family or neighbor impacted by the war......it was a time of great deference to our veterans.......I am not sure it is the same today.   I think politicians give word service, and the nature of the Wars since WWII have changed Americans and their attitudes toward war......but those who sacrificed shall always be honored.

Well said Mr. Oats . . . . .

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:Well said Mr. Oats . . . . .  

Ditto!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

May our veterans enjoy this weekend meant to honor them Med_gallery_118_29_1378591

2seaoat

Tough morning watching HBO as parents of veterans who died in Iraq read their child's letters who were killed. We must strive to stop folks like Donald Trump playing tough and thinking war is an option. It is time to demystify the American warrior culture and shows like the ones honoring vets on HBO all day are a step in the right direction. So many kids killed for no reason but fodder to special interests and evil.

You apparently think hillary is less prone to military adventurism or toppling sovereign nations. How cute.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum