Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Your Listening Pleasure ...

+3
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Sal
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1For Your Listening Pleasure ... Empty For Your Listening Pleasure ... 5/21/2016, 11:18 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat

I love it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Elevator music.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

A little pitchy.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:A little pitchy.

Well, he couldn't find a piano that was properly tuned.

2seaoat

Elevator music.

but.....but....Eric Clapton contributed.....he gave dog biscuits.

knothead

knothead

Couldn't stifle his enthusiasm . . . . loved it Sal! I am a dog lover . . . .

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'd rather listen to this than the Eagles.

2seaoat

I'd rather listen to this than the Eagles.

I never got into the Eagles.....did not even understand it.

2seaoat

I loved it when Dude got kicked out of the cab for hating the eagles......my wife thinks I have a Dude fixation as I went to pick up the pizza tonight in my pj bottoms and a sweatshirt. She said make sure you stop at Wal Mart.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Elevator music.

but.....but....Eric Clapton contributed.....he gave dog biscuits.

Nah, Clapton gave dog whistles, not biscuits. Remember he's a racist.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Can't we just enjoy the Irish Setter singing instead of getting into another round of name-calling? Puleez? I've always loved Eric Clapton's music. I never cared much for the Eagles, tho, with the possible exception of this song. I could identify with it at the time:

Oh...and I did walk away.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Can't we just enjoy the Irish Setter singing instead of getting into another round of name-calling?  Puleez?  I've always loved Eric Clapton's music.

That's all I ever wanted to do, to talk about the music and musicians I really like. And Clapton was one of them.
But seaoat had to come along and tell me they were all racists, including Clapton. It pissed me off. Especially when he dug in and doubled down on that blathering about racism bullshit. So no, I'm still pissed off about it so you'll have to listen to a little more of it.

2seaoat

Rock Against Racism was founded in 1976 by Red Saunders, Roger Huddle and others. According to Huddle, "it remained just an idea until August 1976" when Eric Clapton made a drunken declaration of support for former Conservative minister Enoch Powell (known for his anti-immigration Rivers of Blood speech) at a concert in Birmingham.[2] Clapton told the crowd that England had "become overcrowded" and that they should vote for Powell to stop Britain from becoming "a black colony". He also told the audience that Britain should "get the foreigners out, get the wogs out, get the coons out", and then he repeatedly shouted the National Front slogan "Keep Britain White".[3][4]

F Eric Clapton and your racist elevator music brothers and what they appealed to, and having a black token in your band does not change what southern rock was......and remains.  You originally were all charged up with Donald Trump....I wonder why......to think some people in New Mexico in a restaurant spoke spanish, and desperate children of hispanic descent were crossing the border.....xenophobic rascism cannot be cloaked in good music....it is evil and it attaches.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If what seaoat says is true,  tex,  then the musician you really like could well be a racist.  Or at least said racist stuff back then.

But of course that has zero bearing on Duane or Gregg Allman.  They have never been reported to have said or done anything that was racist.
And they never did anything to promote racist politicians.  Quite to the contrary,  they were major players in getting Jimmy Carter elected President.
And if seaoat thinks Carter represents racism then he's either delusional or totally ignorant and probably both.
All of this debate was about them.  And it was because they were southerners and 40 and 50 years ago they very innocently incorporated the confederate flag into an album cover and occasional logo.

What this is all about is what seaoat is all about in most every discussion he enters into. That racism explains anything and everything. He has an obsession with it.

2seaoat

Wog........a person who is not white.

"Wog" in the UK is a derogatory and racially offensive slang word referring to a dark-skinned or olive-skinned person, usually from the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent, other parts of Asia such as the East Indies, or the Mediterranean area.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2012/apr/05/southern-rock-passion-marred-racism

music is politics......and try as you will to turn the dog into a hater......he is just having fun, and if you understand dog speak......."Bob is poop music person.....even going to take a cruise celebrating the same.....let Triumph set him straight.......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat is a lot like Trump.  Just keeps slandering everything hoping something will stick.  But at least when Trump tried to define Cruz as "Lyin Ted" simply by repeating it a hundred times,  he didn't also try to bring Carnival Cruise Lines into it too.  lol

But it's not surprising seaoat is a fan of triumph the insult dog.  That dog uses the same tactics Trump and seaoat do.  lol

2seaoat

slander the verb:

make false and damaging statements about

So Eric Clapton did not say those things, and he did not associate with Southern Rock and the confederate flag and all that goes with the same?

People on Carnival Cruises have had the poops on cruises, and Triumph says collecting a bunch of old one hit wonders on a cruise is poop on you Bob, but one thing rings true......Seaoat has many of the bad characteristics of Trump.....at least in ghost world where he plays the role, but really is Wally Cox a mild mannered Accountant with Price Waterhouse in the real world.......yep.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well of course Triumph the Insult Dog and Carnival Cruise lines has nothing whatsoever to do with southern rock or eric clapton even if they are a bunch of racists. It's a total non-sequitur. lol

HOWEVER, that Triumph bit was hysterically funny. First time I've ever seen them put the camera on Smigel when he's voicing the puppet. lol

Check this out from wiki...

"In 1999, Pets.com filed a lawsuit against Late Night and Robert Smigel after Triumph repeatedly insisted citing the company's sock puppet mascot as being a "rip-off" of Triumph on several TV shows, print media and internet, and after Robert Smigel sent lawsuit threats and cease and desist letters to Pets.com claiming "unfair competition, dilution and potentially tortious interference with contract in violation of federal and state laws".[19] However, the bankruptcy and closing of the company during the dot-com bust of 2000 ended the lawsuit. Triumph responded in his typical fashion in a skit where he humped the "pets.com" dog in a restroom."

Smigel is a genius.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Seaoat is a lot like Trump.  Just keeps slandering everything hoping something will stick.  But at least when Trump tried to define Cruz as "Lyin Ted" simply by repeating it a hundred times,  he didn't also try to bring Carnival Cruise Lines into it too.  lol

But it's not surprising seaoat is a fan of triumph the insult dog.  That dog uses the same tactics Trump and seaoat do.  lol

The remarks were supposed to be sarcastic, and Clapton was drunk...apparently had a hard time with addiction.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:Seaoat is a lot like Trump.  Just keeps slandering everything hoping something will stick.  But at least when Trump tried to define Cruz as "Lyin Ted" simply by repeating it a hundred times,  he didn't also try to bring Carnival Cruise Lines into it too.  lol

The remarks were supposed to be sarcastic, and Clapton was drunk...apparently had a hard time with addiction.

Nah, in seaoat's world that makes him a horrible racist. Just like the Allman Brothers are automatically horrible racists simply because they're white dudes from the south heralding "southern" music.

It doesn't count toward anything that Eric Clapton and Gregg and Duane Allman all three absolutely worshipped and were totally inspired by the black musicians who came before them. That counts for nothing to seaoat. lol

2seaoat

I have always found a lot of truth when a drunk speaks.......kind of like when a drunk posts....... Cool

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I have always found a lot of truth when a drunk speaks.......kind of like when a drunk posts....... Cool

Your being drunk would explain a lot of what you post. My advice though would be to sober up before you post. That way it's less likely you'll write stuff to make you look foolish like seeing racism in everybody but yourself when at the same time you are the most bigoted person I have ever encountered when it comes to white people in the south.

2seaoat

All of my family is in the south.....going all the way back to the civil war in Georgia, opelika, and Western Alabama. Farmers, butchers, and my grandfather was a railroad engineer in Birmingham. I spent my time on the PNJ because I missed being around southerners, and my latest project will allow me to spend about six months in the south next winter if I live. However, I have seen more stupid racist conformity in the South since I was a kid, and when a child could not understand why there were two drinking fountains, and the lower one at Kresge could not be used.......it stays with you for a life time.

We had family friends who lived in Birmingham. A divorcee accountant and her brilliant southern belle daughter. The daughter was double promoted, and had all the make up and southern views toward black people. Well their black maid on a Sunday had misplaced her wig and she flips out and the mother says Seaoat you go with Southern girl to the maid's house. Like a crazy person my soph year in high school....1968 watch this bigot almost run over black families walking to church, and does a 360 in her maid's dirt front yard with a grey faded wood sided shanty on brick pillars and literally starts screaming as she barges in the front door of this family home......she gets her information.....and does not stop yelling the N word and goes home. She later moved to Gulf Breeze and was a flight attendant for Delta. A couple failed marriages and alcoholism finally killed her, but she was completely into Southern rock, and until her death making deragatory comments about black people on planes......so spare me Bob....it will take two more generations to kill the hate of the south which is now dog whistle, and the politics reflect the reality. You just hate that I am right........on this subject I have seen first hand for 35 years the unfair game a black person faces in America.....it has not gotten better, but I am encouraged by young people.

You should seek processional help to forgive yourself... we can tell your angst by how often you project it on others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum