Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Your Listening Pleasure ...

+3
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Sal
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I took piano lessons when pretty young.  When I got to high school,  I first started connecting up with other musicians.  One of those knew three black teenagers.  Baby (pronounced baybay) could sing and play drums.  And Bubba,  the older brother to Baby, played bass.  The third was one of their friends whose name was Jumpback who was pretty much just a hanger-on.
I was on keyboards and the guitar player was also white,  and we had a white hanger-on too named Tony.  So it was all pretty much equal between the races.
Would have never happened only a few years earlier.  It all really started to change during the time of my generation's youth.

2seaoat

I accused Eric of racism, and Southern Rock of appealing to the same. I do not believe I ever posted a thread or on this thread that said a particular member of the elevator boyz were racist, rather that their music appealed to a racist element which was and continues to be symbolized by the evil flag.

In the South a group of blacks were not going to a Southern Rock concert with confederate flags being waived all over, just like a black family would be hesitant to walk into a restaurant which had a big confederate flag draped across the front window. In the North where racism is alive and well, the method that bars use is a clover leaf.........at least in the Chicago area......it is a symbol which says.......white bar.......hispanics and blacks enter with caution.....and there is nothing written.....there is no rule book.....dog whistle racism is certainly not unique, and if you remember skipper who posted on the PNJ, he repeatedly said there was no racism like what he saw in Boston......cannot argue with him then and probably not now.

2seaoat

I remember the garage bands of the early 60s, and every kid wanted to be a rock star......in sixth grade four of us lip sync the beatle's songs as I was ringo and pretended to play the drums.....funny my son was a very good drummer and his group cut three CD's and did a number of concerts and had a following, but I lacked any talent, and played the flute for three years until I realized that I was the only male flute player and stuffed my fire cracker stash in my flute case and quit band. I remember the utter shame my father had in my fourth grade solo where I was doing pomp and circumstances......which was the theme to queen for the day........two days before the solo I finally had gotten close enough to playing it bare minimum that I realized what I was playing.....I could read music.....but I was just horrible in recognizing the same by my ears which my sixth grade music teacher told me to give up singing because I was tone deaf. The worse part is when playing the flute you are to support the flute with your hands, and I was corrected repeatedly by my band instructors to quit craddling the flute between my neck and shoulder......horrible technique and awful sound. When I was away at college and saw what Ian Anderson was doing with his flute, I honestly went to my flute case which I had quit in seventh grade and wanted to play again, but found that some of my firecrackers were still in the case, and worse.....I had stuffed them into the flute to hide them from my mother who did not allow fireworks, and I figured the last place she would look was in my flute case as I never touched the same after seventh grade. Oh to have musical talent like my son......it would have been so fun.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I did it during high school and college but dropped it after that. Too busy making a living.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum