Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

There could be one redeeming aspect to the idea of Trump becoming President.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Trump is like Superman in one sense. Both have one thing that is their worst nightmare.
For Superman, it's kryptonite.
For Trump, it's becoming a loser and especially when the contest is by far the biggest contest of his life.

And I'm not talking about getting elected. He knows that's not the thing that will make or break him.
What will do that is his performance as President AFTER he should win the election.
Trump is so unbelievably competitive and egotistic that he'll go to any lengths in his attempt to be a successful President. The only thing that can really hurt him is failing at being President.
So, if it's any consolation, I think we (the citizenry) at least have that going for us if he becomes President.

But of course I realize the hatred for Trump among most forum members will prevent you from ever believing this. lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Trump is like Superman in one sense.  Both have one thing that is their worst nightmare.
For Superman, it's kryptonite.  
For Trump, it's becoming a loser and especially when the contest is by far the biggest contest of his life.

And I'm not talking about getting elected.  He knows that's not the thing that will make or break him.
What will do that is his performance as President AFTER he should win the election.
Trump is so unbelievably competitive and egotistic that he'll go to any lengths in his attempt to be a successful President.  The only thing that can really hurt him is failing at being President.  
So,  if it's any consolation,  I think we (the citizenry) at least have that going for us if he becomes President.  

But of course I realize the hatred for Trump among most forum members will prevent you from ever believing this.  lol

Yep...you're drunk.

2seaoat

I do not hate Trump. I have a friend, Jim Gibson, who actually had his marriage hosted by Trump. He reports to everybody, that Trump off stage is a really decent human being. I would love to go out to dinner with him, or play a round of golf, but he is incompetent in government.......He however can learn, but I can never support a man who uses hate, fear and prejudice to get elected. He has hurt many.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll tell you one thing, for him to call anybody "Lyin Ted" is about as hypocritical as anything I've ever heard of. He's the biggest liar and exaggerator I've ever seen before.

And Jesus Christ he was on O'Reilly tonight, and he actually said he was both for and against raising taxes all in the same paragraph. He's not only a goddamn liar, he's also full of shit up to his eyeballs.
And the worst of it is how he mostly gets a pass from the news media on that. And of course that's because the media desperately wants Trump to win. He's the biggest television ratings booster in the history of tv news. And will continue to be so through to the end of the election cycle. AND if he wins, he'll be a ratings booster long after that and they all know it.

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:He's not only a goddamn liar,  he's also full of shit up to his eyeballs.

Now you're talking, Bob.   And therein lies the fly in the ointment you offered in your initial post: this man will judge success however HE wishes to see it, and even his own definition will likely vary with the day's wind direction. That provides no guarantee, nor even a vague hope, of anything approaching an objectively good presidency, nor certainly one that either the people or the history books will laud.

RealLindaL

Bob wrote: And of course that's because the media desperately wants Trump to win.  He's the biggest television ratings booster in the history of tv news.  And will continue to be so through to the end of the election cycle.  AND if he wins,  he'll be a ratings booster long after that and they all know it.

I seriously doubt all of the media want Trump to win.  Yes, it's good for ratings, but the media are made up of PEOPLE, many of whom also have things called standards they want to see their country represent -- not to mention that they have families, homes and savings, those pesky additions that presidential policy can help or hinder in ways big and small.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The on-air talent is not what I'm referring to when I'm talking about the media in this context, Linda.
The media is Time Warner, Comcast, News Corp, Viacom, CBS and Disney.
These comprise 90% of the media and these corporations answer to the shareholders. The shareholders don't give a shit which butthole gets elected or not elected. All the shareholders want is for the stock to rise in value which is the result of higher ratings and readership which Donald Trump is providing them.

Trump will measure success or failure in office the same way he measures it in the election campaign, Linda. The approval polls.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum