Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are the incidents of severe weather more the last decade than any time in your life?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I say absolutely. The floods seem to be much more frequent, and the severe thunderstorms and tornado activity is more than I have seen at any time in my life. The winter however was wonderfully mild. I think if this continues it bodes well for the panhandle as babyboomers will be snowbirding in northern Florida and not necessarily southern Florida. We had a wonderful outdoor experience in January and February in the Panhandle, and went to Marco Island in South Florida and actually found the weather in the Panhandle dry and moderate while the weather in South Florida was humid and almost hot. There will be winners and losers with climate change.

Is this going to trigger a Bob/Seaoat dart throwing contest? Laughing

My 85 year old mother sure seems to think the weather is worse that it used to be. I explain to her that we have 24/7 news coverage and maybe that heightens it a bit. She disagrees. Wink I *****CREEPY GRIN***** and realize she's seen a few more weather seasons than I have seen.

Definitely due to climate changes. It is amazing what seemingly small degree shifts can do to a region.

2seaoat

Alabama always had a lot of tornadoes, and I remember my first one while staying at my Aunt's farm east of Birmingham where I saw the aftermath of thousands of dead chickens scattered all over the countryside. However, they have in the last five years lost so many lives to tornadoes.......it is getting scary.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is all the fault of the weathermen who are no better than donkeys throwing darts, SheWrites.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Texas has been taking a beating...on April 11 & 12, baseball-size hail shattered windows in buildings & cars in the Dallas area.

Houston is just recovering from what I've heard called a 500-year rainstorm, with tornadoes...at least 20"...5 fatalities...100's rescued.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum