Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoffs

+2
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

301Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/19/2016, 9:16 pm

2seaoat

Two of the fouls on Curry were ridiculous....I guess you need to take the phone away from your wife if you want to play in the NBA. Otherwise, a good game as the Cavs have not been coming off the double teams on the splash brothers and basically disrespected Green's outside shot.....not the smartest move, but since the Toronto game Lu's double team trapping of all star guards has really been quite effective, but most teams do not have the depth of the Warriors, and few have a two way player of Green's stature. The Cavs made silly turnovers in the first quarter and lost the high ground.

302Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/19/2016, 10:11 pm

Gs better start blocking out or they're going to blow this game.

303Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/19/2016, 10:34 pm

2seaoat

I was wrong. James played a great game. He deserved this series.

304Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/19/2016, 10:39 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Congratulations to the Cavs and Labron James. Great history making series.

305Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/19/2016, 10:40 pm

Sal

Sal

Hahahahaha ...

Y'all might want to rethink this thing.

Curry - MVP???

Hahahahahaha ...

306Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/19/2016, 10:41 pm

Sal

Sal

Say it after me ....

.... "Greatest of All Time".

There's an old king in town.

307Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/19/2016, 11:01 pm

knothead

knothead

I am happy for the Cavs as well as Lebron, coming back from a 3-1 deficit, history making event . . . .

308Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/19/2016, 11:06 pm

knothead

knothead

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nba-finals-idUSKCN0Z605S

Cavs stun Warriors in NBA final

309Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/19/2016, 11:08 pm

Sal

Sal

"Old Farts Trolling Comes to Uprupt End".

310Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/20/2016, 12:40 am

2seaoat

Not really.....a couple more rings and you have me. He played great and he certainly controls his own destiny now. Curry was the back to back MVP, but when he threw that mouth piece......he lost me a bit, but James and Curry continue their careers next year, but to not recognize the historical effort of james in this series is foolish, but both have a long way to the goat, but James just proved me wrong.....he still has a path after this series performance.......not there yet, but if he could three peat, I am with you.....without a bit of hesitation even though it would only be five rings.....his play in this series is historical.

311Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/20/2016, 12:54 am

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:"Old Farts Trolling Comes to Uprupt End".

Uprupt??

312Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/20/2016, 1:24 am

2seaoat

Uprupt??

If Sal ate more hard candy......his spelling would immediately improve.

313Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/20/2016, 9:38 am

Great series by lebron... imo this certifies his legacy. I still don't have him in my goat lineup... but he's in the conversation.

314Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/20/2016, 10:13 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

LeBron led both teams in scoring, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals.   This is the only time in NBA playoff history (forget just the Finals, but at any round of the playoffs) that a player has ever done that.  The closest is one other performance where one player led both teams in scoring, rebounds and assists, and that was also LeBron James in last year's Final.  And this feat was accomplished against the stiffest competition in NBA history, on the road.

The jury has finished its deliberation.  The verdict is in.  Best player on the planet today.  Greatest all time.  LeBron is doing things that no other player has came close to doing.  Honestly, when will we next see a player lead both teams in every stat line to a title against a team that went 73-9 or better in the regular season?  Probably never.

315Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/20/2016, 11:01 am

2seaoat

The jury has finished its deliberation.

Nope. However, I would agree that he had a great series which revived his career to be on the path to the same. I clearly stated that if James or Curry won the series they would be on the path, but nowhere near. Those poor players around him actually had a great series No , and he simply played great, but 14 years and three rings and he has finally gotten back on the path. The Jury is still out, and unless a person does not listen to sports radio to listen to the perceptions of young and old fans and analysts, he has been written off for the last five years as other better players have filled that void. Curry had an awful series as the double teaming trapping of the guards worked well in both the toronto and Warrior series, but the arrogant turn overs and errant shots at crunch time have bumped him off the path much like James.....champions win, and James has been redeemed and has a chance to continue on that path, where I honestly thought he was done. I was wrong. He showed the world that he is still in the discussion.

316Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/20/2016, 9:46 pm

knothead

knothead

Is Lebron James the best of all time?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/is-lebron-james-the-best-in-history-073126569.html

317Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/20/2016, 9:57 pm

2seaoat

James now controls his own fate. If he lost this series, he would be a footnote, but he must win two more to even be considered with the other greats. Think about it. We are all praising him deservedly, as he went seven games in a championship series, only the third one in thirteen years.....Kobe, Duncan, Bird, Russell, Shaq, Magic, Kareem, and Michael had few seven game championships.......they dominated their eras with victory. James is back on the path, but he will be entering his 13 or 14th season, a time when most greats have rang the bell four, five, and six times. At least the discussion which has been dead for almost five years can be revived.

318Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/20/2016, 10:36 pm

Sal

Sal

Shut up, Otis.

That was kind advice reserved for old codgers.

319Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/20/2016, 10:46 pm

2seaoat

Shut up, Otis.

Why.....I was wrong. I never thought James was capable of getting another ring. I would think you would like to relish those rare cases where I was wrong. However, as I said earlier in the thread, even if he won, he would have a path.......but he certainly has not arrived. The only Otis I know is an elevator, and I do not like the music on elevators......you must have me confused with Bob, he punked out on you when you played too rough with him and told the truth.....I eat up rough for lunch, and you can scare off Bob and make him your bitch......but James is no different than had he lost the series.....he has quite a journey remaining on that path, but at least he is now moving forward and not backward.

320Playoffs - Page 13 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/21/2016, 6:30 am

I just watched it again. The gs offense sucked. Green and iggy were the only things moving. Curry (and klay) was a black hole. The ball went in... it never came out. They forced it... they held it... made sloppy passes when they did pass.

I think it was nerves... but it was also more. A great player knows when they aren't doing something well and finds other ways.

The while fourth quarter was clumsy by both teams... playing not to lose... instead of playing to win. At four mins on they were barely able to run plays... it was literally a matter of whoever could make a basket... just one... wins.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum