Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When are they going to address traffic on 98

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I had to go over to Destin to pick up an item and it was around three.....what a mess. A total traffic jam from Fort Walton to Navarre. The road is no longer functional and nothing is being done to expand flow through with the addition of new lanes. The business access concept of 98 may have worked fifty years ago, but they need to only allow left turns at control devices and they need six lanes all the way to three mile bridge......WTF......is anybody home in the transportation dept. This capacity issue could clearly be seen twenty years ago, and add to that high numbers of military getting out on a Friday afternoon at Eglin......insane.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I had to go over to Destin to pick up an item and it was around three.....what a mess.   A total traffic jam from Fort Walton to Navarre.  The road is no longer functional and nothing is being done to expand flow through with the addition of new lanes.  The business access concept of 98 may have worked fifty years ago, but they need to only allow left turns at control devices and they need six lanes all the way to three mile bridge......WTF......is anybody home in the transportation dept.   This capacity issue could clearly be seen twenty years ago, and add to that high numbers of military getting out on a Friday afternoon at Eglin......insane.

Plans to widen 98 from IHOP (east side of the Gulf Breeze reservation) to Walmart are going to begin soon...... 6 lanes.

See Gulf Breeze News.

2seaoat

It has to be done all the way over to Mary Esther.....it will be hard to do the same in Fort Walton beach because their downtown would be gone. The military just pours onto 98 with many living over in Navarre....total logjam, and they are twenty years late on this issue. Three mile bridge should have been rerouted. I am seeing that they are making great progress on 87 north to 10 and they are putting pilings in for the widened bridge over the yellow river.

2seaoat

I took the toll bridge from north of Destin into Destin. It was four bucks and being that it is spring break, it was full of cars. I do not understand why the Garcon Bridge cannot have the state make an offer to bond holders during the construction of three mile bridge and drop the toll to a buck. The state would get their money back, and the traffic patterns would greatly change. I 10 is being widened and most of the route past Milton will be three lane. The I 10 bridge is three lanes, and 87 is being widened to two lanes up to 10 from 98, but the problem is still widening 98 from three mile all the way to eglin........should have been done twenty years ago.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I took the toll bridge from north of Destin into Destin.  It was four bucks and being that it is spring break, it was full of cars.  I do not understand why the Garcon Bridge cannot have the state make an offer to bond holders during the construction of three mile bridge and drop the toll to a buck.  The state would get their money back, and the traffic patterns would greatly change.  I 10 is being widened and most of the route past Milton will be three lane.  The I 10 bridge is three lanes, and 87 is being widened to two lanes up to 10 from 98, but the problem is still widening 98 from three mile all the way to eglin........should have been done twenty years ago.

Had the toll been lowered years ago, on the Garcons Bridge, it would be utilized.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum