Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When does Senate Majority Leader HARRY REID APPOLOGIZE TO MITT ROMNEY?

+2
Sal
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

When does Senate Majority Leader HARRY REID APOLOGIZE TO MITT ROMNEY?

Harry Reid said Romney didn’t pay taxes for 10 years.
Reid...LIED.

Today Mitt Romney released his 2011 tax returns.
He paid $1.9 million in taxes — an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, the same as Obama.

This didn’t make all of the reports but the couple gave just over $4 million to charity – 30% of their income

Read more:
http://news.yahoo.com/romney-releases-tax-docs-pays-1-9m-last-175501906.html?_esi=1

Read more:
http://myfox8.com/2012/09/21/mitt-romney-releases-tax-returns/

Markle wrote:When does Senate Majority Leader HARRY REID APOLOGIZE TO MITT ROMNEY?

Harry Reid said Romney didn’t pay taxes for 10 years.
Reid...LIED.

Today Mitt Romney released his 2011 tax returns.
He paid $1.9 million in taxes — an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, the same as Obama.

This didn’t make all of the reports but the couple gave just over $4 million to charity – 30% of their income

Read more:
http://news.yahoo.com/romney-releases-tax-docs-pays-1-9m-last-175501906.html?_esi=1

Read more:
http://myfox8.com/2012/09/21/mitt-romney-releases-tax-returns/

Libs never apologize, they just look for another lie to promulgate.

Sal

Sal

When he releases 10 years of tax returns. 2009 would be especially interesting.

The scrubbed and manipulated return he released yesterday and his notarized summary are worthless and laughable.

knothead

knothead

N-E-V-E-R!!!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Would those contributions be to Mormon "charities"? You've said nothing to refute that Mitt didn't pay taxes from 2000-2009. And he apparently thinks he can skate through without having to divulge how much he actually paid or didn't pay. McCain in 2008 saw those returns when he briefly vetted Romney as a potential running mate. He changed his mind and went for the "Hail Mary" pitbull in lipstick. Don't you wonder why?

2seaoat

The 2011 tax return has been manipulated. His goal was to show that what he has been saying for a year.....that he pays around 15% was true. It was not. His truthful return would have him paying 9-10%. He intentionally did not take those deductions. He can file an amended return in the next two years and get every dime of his over payment back. He will do that once he returns to the status of a non candidate.

Now I have done the same thing Romney just did. It was to get refinancing for my business. In a year that I knew my lines of credit would be reviewed, I did not take all my deductions on some of my rental properties. It was not a huge amount, but my intent was that I was willing to lose tax advantage to gain advantage somewhere else where my income increased. Romney is not showing all his tax returns because he is hiding something which will hurt him. It does not take a genius to see he is a manipulative liar. In my case my rental properties for purpose of a loan were factored by .75 and my loan required a certain income level. There is nothing illegal to not take all your legal deductions, however to argue that his tax rate should have been 9-10%, or that I had more income which helped me get my loan because I did not take the deductions gets to the real motives.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

And let's just say it again...the focus is all on the lack of transparency with the taxes, when it should be on HOW Romney made his money and WHY he chose to stash it in offshore banks.

i saw a youtube that said he stole it from widows and orphanages and veterans and nursing homes and the homeless.

salinsky wrote:When he releases 10 years of tax returns. 2009 would be especially interesting.

The scrubbed and manipulated return he released yesterday and his notarized summary are worthless and laughable.

Would it be as worthless as Obama's birth certificate or unseen college records?

VectorMan

VectorMan

NEVADA REPUBLICAN CHALLENGES HARRY REID, INVOKES CLINT EASTWOOD: ‘MAKE OUR DAY AND RELEASE YOUR 2011 TAX RETURN’

Earlier this year, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), citing an anonymous source that may or may not exist, infamously accused GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney of paying zero taxes over a 10-year period. Now that his theory has been thoroughly debunked with the release of the nominee’s 2011 tax returns, Reid is now being challenged to put his money where his mouth is.

Dave Buell, chairman of the Washoe Country Republican party in Nevada, called on Reid in an email blast Friday evening to disclose his 2011 tax return, The Washington Times reports. Oh, and he also invoked Clint Eastwood.

“Senator, make our day and release your 2011 tax return,” Buell wrote.

Romney has repeatedly denied Reid’s wild tax accusation, however, the issue was permanently put to bed on Friday when he released his 2011 tax returns, which showed he payed 14.1 percent in federal income tax while donating 30 percent of his $13.7 million income to charity, or $4 million. Further, the Romney campaign said Friday that the GOP nominee’s average effective tax rate was around 20 percent over the past two decades.

Not long after Romney’s tax dump, Buell sent out the mass email calling for Reid to do the same and release his tax records “so that all Nevadans can see that he is paying his fair share,” according to The Washington Times.

“In addition, Mr. Reid should explain to all of us how he became a millionaire on a bureaucrat’s salary. Mitt Romney earned his money by investing in companies, people and creating jobs in the private sector while Harry Reid made his money by taking money from the private sector and redistributing it through government,” Buell wrote.

Buell also hit Reid on his job as a Nevada senator, saying the state’s unemployment rate is one of the highest in the nation, which rests at 12.1 percent as of Friday.

Even after Romney disclosed his 2011 tax returns, Reid refused to apologize for his unfounded accusations. Instead, he accused Romney of “manipulating” the system.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nevada-rep-challenges-harry-reid-invokes-clint-eastwood-make-our-day-and-release-your-2011-tax-return/

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
And let's just say it again...the focus is all on the lack of transparency with the taxes, when it should be on HOW Romney made his money and WHY he chose to stash it in offshore banks.

How is it "stashed" if everyone knows the money is in those countries? He has business trusts in some of those countries where his trust owns companies doing business.

Should it be illegal for citizens of foreign countries to have money in U.S. banks?

How much money do you suppose Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have in foreign countries? How did Harry Reid make hundreds of thousands of dollars on land he had sold three years previously?

2seaoat

I supported Newt, and never was a Romney fan. I became a vocal opponent of his candidacy when I found out he had 100 million in his qualified plan. This is impossible and any businessman knows the same. So I get really angry when he thinks that he has given us a disclosure. I need to see how his income was adjusted by those contributions to his qualified plan. A summary prepared by an accountant does not go to the central questions. Did he put undervalued partnership assets into a qualified plan, and did he create these interests in a foreign account to avoid criminal prosecution for the same being done in an American bank.

This release of the 2011 return was helpful. It showed that he is a generous man. It also shows that he thinks Americans are incredibly stupid. The manipulation of his tax return in not taking the deductions is something that a fifth grader could have caught.....did he really think Americans would not see that his real tax rate was closer to 9%? The sad thing is that I have listened to economist discuss that if his proposed tax plan for further reductions of taxes for the wealthy....his real tax rate on his 2011 tax return would be 2%. When I was a child my parents paid very steep taxes as they worked with other Americans to address a national debt which exceeded our Gross National Product following World War II. This man is an evil man. He has no sense of duty or country. This was shown when he lived off his inheritance for 11 years and ran to France to avoid his duty. Now at a time when we need to raise revenues and address debt, he seeks further reductions down to 2% of his income to support his country.......and he then looks down on the rest of America....no Harry Reid got this right.....when he releases his tax returns, I think there is a significant chance this man could go to jail...no exageration......like every other sociopath....he thinks everybody is stupid.

Newt Gingrich would have won the election with a 4% margin, and people are making excuses for this sorry excuse of a man.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

How is it "stashed" if everyone knows the money is in those countries? He has business trusts in some of those countries where his trust owns companies doing business.

Should it be illegal for citizens of foreign countries to have money in U.S. banks?

How much money do you suppose Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have in foreign countries? How did Harry Reid make hundreds of thousands of dollars on land he had sold three years previously?

I get your point but neither Reid or Pelosi are running for POTUS, a huge distinction!

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I get your point but neither Reid or Pelosi are running for POTUS, a huge distinction!

So the rest of our politicians, according to you, get a free pass? That explains a lot.

VectorMan

VectorMan

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Not in the world of politics.

Also consider the fact that Reid and Pelosi are Obama's enablers like he's an alcoholic crack head looking for his next fix.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum