Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will republicans refuse to confirm Obama's supreme court nominee?

+3
Sal
polecat
boards of FL
7 posters

Will republicans refuse to confirm Obama's supreme court nominee? I_vote_lcap82%Will republicans refuse to confirm Obama's supreme court nominee? I_vote_rcap 82% [ 9 ]
Will republicans refuse to confirm Obama's supreme court nominee? I_vote_lcap18%Will republicans refuse to confirm Obama's supreme court nominee? I_vote_rcap 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/02/15/us/supreme-court-nominations-election-year-scalia.html

Since 1900, the Senate has voted on eight Supreme Court nominees during an election year. Six were confirmed. But several of those were for seats that had become vacant in the previous year.

The Senate has never taken more than 125 days to vote on a successor from the time of nomination; on average, a nominee has been confirmed, rejected or withdrawn within 25 days. When Justice Antonin Scalia died, 342 days remained in President Obama’s term.

polecat

polecat

Republicans are always bragging about how much they love the Constitution, but just like the Bible, they apparently have never read it.

I suggest they read Article II Section 2 which reads:

[The President] shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court, and all other officers of the United States, whose appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by law: but the Congress may by law vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the courts of law, or in the heads of departments.

The President shall have power to fill up all vacancies that may happen during the recess of the Senate, by granting commissions which shall expire at the end of their next session.

Sal

Sal

Affirmative.

The GOP believes that the SCOTUS gets to pick the POTUS ...

... and ...

... the POTUS does not get to pick the SCOTUS ...

... because they're originalists.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Can you imagine the fuming PaceDog would be making on the topic of Obama replacing another SCOTUS justice? He would be a forum thread machine going full-tilt.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Y'all really miss him... lol.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Y'all really miss him... lol.

Yes we really do. Did he suck a pistol? He was one severely PTSD individual. And he taught ... maybe still teaches high school. Can you believe?

Wordslinger wrote:

Yes we really do. Did he suck a pistol? He was one severely PTSD individual. And he taught ... maybe still teaches high school. Can you believe?

What a nasty sob you are. He left... and even that isn't enough. He ain't the first y'all ran off... and won't be the last.

Vikingwoman

Hopefully, you will be next.

The Republicans - between shutting down the government and now pledging to filibuster or hold up the appointee - are showing their arses. Negativity to the hilt. They need to do yoga. Or take a laxative.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Yes we really do.  Did he suck a pistol?  He was one severely PTSD individual.  And he taught ... maybe still teaches high school.  Can you believe?

What a nasty sob you are. He left... and even that isn't enough. He ain't the first y'all ran off... and won't be the last.

When it comes to being a nasty s.o.b. Peedawg, or War Hero as I called him, couldn't be beat. We didn't run him off, he simply bailed out because he was getting as good or better than he gave. Reality

Vikingwoman wrote:Hopefully, you will be next.

You must like spankings... lol.

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Yes we really do.  Did he suck a pistol?  He was one severely PTSD individual.  And he taught ... maybe still teaches high school.  Can you believe?

When it comes to being a nasty s.o.b. Peedawg, or War Hero as I called him, couldn't be beat. We didn't run him off, he simply bailed out because he was getting as good or better than he gave. Reality

Fine... that'll be the end of it. Right?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

When it comes to being a nasty s.o.b. Peedawg, or War Hero as I called him, couldn't be beat.  We didn't run him off, he simply bailed out because he was getting as good or better than he gave.  Reality

Hey Pal .. you brought his name up.

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

When it comes to being a nasty s.o.b. Peedawg, or War Hero as I called him, couldn't be beat.  We didn't run him off, he simply bailed out because he was getting as good or better than he gave.  Reality

Hey Pal .. you brought his name up.

Really?

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:

???

Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

???

Can you think of a single time that you've out argued me? Or you can imagine yourself over my knee.

I'll leave that up to you for the time being.

Vikingwoman

I don't think I've ever tried to out argue you. I don't waste my time w/ disturbed ideology like you spew. Only a moron does that.

2seaoat

Elections have consequences.  The Republicans won the Senate, and the Democrats won the Presidency.  The Republicans just do not use their brain.  They should have shut up.   They should have held hearings, and given every appearance of an honest attempt to review the nomination and give their consent.  Then they simply hammer and vote on each appointee and deny consent.    They would pretend the process was legitimate and in compliance with our constitutional government, but now they have declared the constitution has been amended and the President loses his power to appoint in the last year of their Presidency.  Idiocy.   The American public is not stupid.   They understand how corrupt this position is and there will be consequences.   Is anybody advising the Republican Party on Strategy and appearances?

Last edited by 2seaoat on 2/17/2016, 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Vikingwoman wrote:I don't think I've ever tried to out argue you. I don't waste my time w/ disturbed ideology like you spew. Only a moron does that.

So there's a chance?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Can you think of a single time that you've out argued me?

You actually think you're winning arguments here, election boy?

Hahahahahahahahaha ....

Will republicans refuse to confirm Obama's supreme court nominee? Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Duh

Vikingwoman

I know, right? He's taken Peedog's place as the forum fool.

boards of FL

boards of FL

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=%22uh+oh...it%27s+happening+again%22+site:pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum