Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoat

+2
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Seaoat Empty Seaoat 1/25/2016, 11:23 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Did you make it to Northwestern?

2Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/25/2016, 7:42 pm

2seaoat

Took my shots at noon, and Cat scans were done by 2, beat the traffic out of Chicago and just sat in my Lazy Boy for the first time in two weeks. Nashville was a mess with snow, and cars all over in the ditch. We are lucky we missed the mess by two days. I go to the Pulmonary doc on Thursday to get an idea what is happening. The work and being outside has me breathing better than I have in three months. I cannot wait to return and get outside working. Bad news on a development line of credit.....so we are going to have to slow down until we get some things in place, but heck.....just give me some physical work and that wonderful fresh air, and I am good....Bulls play the team of ages tonight.......but I cannot talk basketball with Boards because he says Joannie and Seaoat are layman......I think that is what he said.......I think what he meant was Joannie and Seaoat got James number three years ago.....and he does not want to talk about it anymore.

3Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/25/2016, 10:03 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Took my shots at noon, and Cat scans were done by 2, beat the traffic out of Chicago and just sat in  my Lazy Boy for the first time in two weeks.  Nashville was a mess with snow, and cars all over in the ditch.  We are lucky we missed the mess by two days.  I go to the Pulmonary doc on Thursday to get an idea what is happening.   The work and being outside has me breathing better than I have in three months.  I cannot wait to return and get outside working.  Bad news on a development line of credit.....so we are going to have to slow down until we get some things in place, but heck.....just give me some physical work and that wonderful fresh air, and I am good....Bulls play the team of ages tonight.......but I cannot talk basketball with Boards because he says Joannie and Seaoat are layman......I think that is what he said.......I think what he meant was Joannie and Seaoat got James number three years ago.....and he does not want to talk about it anymore.

Glad you made it home safely...I thought about ya'll driving through that mess. 

Boards is unusually quiet. We both reminded boards there is no "i" in team. Boards thought we were just old and couldn't get past Michael Jordan and he said I didn't know what I was talking about. Oh well at least I haven't heard the greatest player in the world/on the plant this season.

My two favorite teams made it.....for a Super Bowl playoff. Excited about that.

We are going to Park City, Utah next week but will make it back for the Super Bowl.

4Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/28/2016, 4:04 pm

2seaoat

A bit of bad news dealt to me this morning. A NET tumor is back in my lower left lobe. I go in Tuesday for Echo to see if I am strong enough for surgery, and wed. morning they go in with surgery on the tumor. Because my general health has declined they will not resection and remove the lower left lung lobe, but will attempt to debulk the tumor(depending on the vascular involvement) and then radiate and do some topical treatments. If this does not stop the remaining lung from collapsing and having six week bouts with pneumonia, they will go back in and put a stint into the area of the tumor to stop it from collapsing the lung. Was not real happy with the urgency, but the gurgling in the lungs had been probably worse than I let on......it sure slowed my chain sawing down, He said if it is successful, I should have six months to a year of better breathing.....I told him with a five inch tumor on your liver, I doubt I will have to worry about after that.........just got play the cards dealt.

5Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/28/2016, 5:10 pm

All the best buddy. Let is know what the plan is before you start it. We'll all be anxious to hear.

6Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/28/2016, 6:02 pm

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:A bit of bad news dealt to me this morning.  A NET tumor is back in my lower left lobe.  I go in Tuesday for Echo to see if I am strong enough for surgery, and wed. morning they go in with surgery on the tumor.  Because my general health has declined they will not resection and remove the lower left lung lobe, but will attempt to debulk the tumor(depending on the vascular involvement) and then radiate and do some topical treatments.  If this does not stop the remaining lung from collapsing and having six week bouts with pneumonia, they will go back in and put a stint into the area of the tumor to stop it from collapsing the lung.  Was not real happy with the urgency, but the gurgling in the lungs had been probably worse than I let on......it sure slowed my chain sawing down,  He said if it is successful, I should have six months to a year of better breathing.....I told him with a five inch tumor on your liver, I doubt I will have to worry about after that.........just got play the cards dealt.

Some troubling issues Mr. Oats, you handle them remarkably, hang in there!

7Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/28/2016, 6:17 pm

Just tell the doc the story of the time you operated on someone and I'm sure he will do all very well, Walter! Wink Take care. 2016 has many great days ahead for you.

8Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/28/2016, 6:54 pm

RealLindaL

Sea, I agree with so many others who've posted in recent years that you do indeed handle these repeated setbacks with phenomenal strength and fortitude.  (And if that's a duplication in terms, folks, so be it, or multiply it even further to perhaps begin to approach the truth about how Seaoat faces adversity.)

Will be thinking of you next week and wishing you safe travels through the halls of the health system.  We know you're in the best of hands.

9Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/28/2016, 7:00 pm

2seaoat

Right now I am more worried about T than one more surgery on me. I do not want to be callous, but I am F'd and buying some more time is great, but the tracks are laid and I know where this train is going. I hope T will have full function, and they will reduce any risk of stroke. I do not like to hear of somebody suddenly stricken with illness as serious as what is facing T. I think it is good to talk about health issues because if it can help anybody deal with future problems, the journey has been worth it for me and I cherish every stop on that final train ride, but not being able to breath for six weeks has been tougher than I want to admit, and after talking with retired leo by pm at his end and seeing Neko get consumed by lung issues, I would not wish the same on anybody, so I am hopeful the doctors will be able to reduce the size of the tumor and stop the constant threat of pneumonia, but it is just wonderful today to be able to breathe and type this post.

10Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/28/2016, 10:38 pm

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Right now I am more worried about T than one more surgery on me.  I do not want to be callous, but I am F'd and buying some more time is great, but the tracks are laid and I know where this train is going.  I hope T will have full function, and they will reduce any risk of stroke.  I do not like to hear of somebody suddenly stricken with illness as serious as what is facing T.  I think it is good to talk about health issues because if it can help anybody deal with future problems, the journey has been worth it for me and I cherish every stop on that final train ride, but not being able to breath for six weeks has been tougher than I want to admit, and after talking  with retired leo by pm at his end and seeing Neko get consumed by lung issues, I would not wish the same on anybody, so I am hopeful the doctors will be able to reduce the size of the tumor and stop the constant threat of pneumonia, but it is just wonderful today to be able to breathe and type this post.

Allow me to simply say Mr. Oats, YOU are a remarkable man!

11Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/29/2016, 12:34 am

Vikingwoman

You have truly amazed me, Oatie. I would have succumbed to depression and despair long ago.They are right when they say "attitude" is everything.You have been more than courageous is this battle. We may have disagreements but you have my respect. I hope this is successful.

12Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 1/29/2016, 12:48 am

2seaoat

I got lucky. I have a slow cancer. I have seen pancreatic and lung cancer take people in less than a month who did not know they were sick. Steve Jobs lasted 7.5 years from his first NET tumor on his pancreas. I will be eight years in July. There is nothing courageous about making the best of the life you are given. I have been blessed. I get torn up seeing young people consumed by this damn disease, but a 64 year old man who has lived over seven years after being stricken.......and has four beautiful grandchildren who have got to know him.....luckiest man on earth. I would be lying if I said there were some nights over the last three months when the gurgling in my lungs got so bad I doubted I would make a week, but you asked the question of why I was doing physical work.....well I am convinced that the higher heart beat and exercising my lung capacity to its limit has kept me going. It is funny to watch me work with my plastic chair, work a few minutes sit for five.....work a few minutes......sit for five.....I am convinced the sedentary life in America is killing us, but aging is no fun, but you have to get up and push the bubble......but we will see after the operation if I will be as gung ho.....

13Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 2/2/2016, 6:36 pm

I haven't seen you post much lately. I hope you're doing ok. I don't have much taste for arguing right now.

Hopefully you're just tearing up another project that your wife thinks is a bad idea... lol.

14Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 2/2/2016, 6:51 pm

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:I haven't seen you post much lately. I hope you're doing ok. I don't have much taste for arguing right now.

Hopefully you're just tearing up another project that your wife thinks is a bad idea... lol.

Like maybe getting the Bobcat stuck in the river . . . .

15Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 2/2/2016, 6:58 pm

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I haven't seen you post much lately. I hope you're doing ok. I don't have much taste for arguing right now.

Like maybe getting the Bobcat stuck in the river . . . .

We can only hope... lol. But that is usually a spring activity.

16Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 2/2/2016, 11:21 pm

Lisa12

Hoping all is well with you Seaoat.

17Seaoat Empty Re: Seaoat 2/4/2016, 12:41 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum